What a joke!

Mr. Wicket

For once I don't blame the ICC. In all fairness' date=' they even extended the deadline for the WI to send their full strength squad but the WICB's ego was too big to entertain the proposal.[/quote'] All teams are obliged to send their best squads. ICC did not put any pressure on WICB and has been playing no role in helping resolve their dispute. This hammering of WI is bad news for us if it comes down to NRR.
All teams are obliged to send their best squads. ICC did not put any pressure on WICB and has been playing no role in helping resolve their dispute. This hammering of WI is bad news for us if it comes down to NRR.
But do they have any right?
"We would be disappointed if the best team is not taken to South Africa, but we understand the complex situation that exists," Lorgat told Cricinfo. "The West Indies have the unfettered right to select whomever they choose."
You seem to form your opinions very quickly man... Looking at the way Windies fought back from 7 down and now the way they are bowling and fielding, it looks now that the thread you started is a bigger joke than the windies performance. PS: No offense
In that case I shall go the patriot way and simply call it a reverse jinx! :embarassment: That said I still stand by the fact this seems a weak side and effectively a WI B or C lineup due to the WICB/WIPA contract problems, and it's bad for a major tournament like this to feature a side missing so many top players. But I certainly did not expect this sort of fightback from WI though. The side they have on paper though does look very raw and inexperienced, and even then I still do not expect them to be a force in this tourney (even if they are able to pull this one off vs. Pakistan, which would make my day :D). A real shame they're playing this without any of their better players (Chanderpaul, Sarwan. Bravo, Ramdin, Gayle) due to the contractual issues and the WICB being a-holes. PS: No offense taken obviously. I do form some opinions very quickly - but generally stand by my gut feelings.
In that case I shall go the patriot way and simply call it a reverse jinx! :embarassment: That said I still stand by the fact this seems a weak side and effectively a WI B or C lineup due to the WICB/WIPA contract problems, and it's bad for a major tournament like this to feature a side missing so many top players. But I certainly did not expect this sort of fightback from WI though. The side they have on paper though does look very raw and inexperienced, and even then I still do not expect them to be a force in this tourney (even if they are able to pull this one off vs. Pakistan, which would make my day :D). A real shame they're playing this without any of their better players (Chanderpaul, Sarwan. Bravo, Ramdin, Gayle) due to the contractual issues and the WICB being a-holes. PS: No offense taken obviously. I do form some opinions very quickly - but generally stand by my gut feelings.
Even if WICB sent their full strength side, they would still be considered inferior compared to Aus/Ind/Pak - atleast on paper. so it doesnt make any difference. Even the full strength team is capable of folding out for less than a 100 and on their day, can even pull off a 300+ chase...

Perhaps, but a full strength side with the likes of Shiv, Bravo and Gayle would certainly be held in much higher esteem than this side, and would be considered far more likely to pull off an upset given the abilities of Shiv on any wicket and Gayle when he gets clicking. That said also a bit of a blessing in disguise for us maybe; I would not have wanted to see India bowling to Gayle, Sarwan and Shiv with the attack performing the way they've been recently.