MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina LBW decisions

MUMBAISKIPPER

Dhoni was absolutely plumb, he was lucky that the first LBW appeal wasn't given either, cause that looked stone dead too. As for the Raina wicket, I thought not out straight away, but there was one camaera angle which showed ball hitting pad first and others showing bat and pad together and at the same time. To be honest, India were only ever in the hunt because of Gambhir also Pakistani giving them abotu 50 extra runs.

Dhoni was absolutely plumb, he was lucky that the first LBW appeal wasn't given either, cause that looked stone dead too. As for the Raina wicket, I thought not out straight away, but there was one camaera angle which showed ball hitting pad first and others showing bat and pad together and at the same time. To be honest, India were only ever in the hunt because of Gambhir also Pakistani giving them abotu 50 extra runs.
but dhoni came a long way forward
P@kiterrorizer' date=' he was miles forward...the ball could have missed the stump as it had to travel some distance[/quote'] That would have been taken into account if there was a pace bowler bowling at him and had the ball not struck him on the full.
Does Dhoni came to bat !!. Look like his walking on the pitch.:giggle:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Exactlly, He was properly plumb. The ball was going straight into the middle stump. It was like a flipper (as invented by warnie). It looked as if the ball was going to spin but It was a straight ball on the stumps. Dhoni was getting down on his knee for almost every ball against spinners...wtf? is that the only way to play spinners? looked very awkward. If they had bowled that ball to viru, it would have sailed out of the ground. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Raina's LBW was confusing, I still think that the balls struck both bat and pad at the same time. In which case the benefit of doubt should have been rewarded to Raina. But that doesn't define us losing by almost 50 runs.
Dhoni was out clearly' date=' Raina was not out I think.[/quote'] 9 out of 10 times Dhoni would have been given not out , but unfortunately it was the second appeal in quick time which dint help imo ..unlucky , but wont blame the umpire . raina was clearly not out ..but these things happen , we dint exactly get Bucknored here . so no complains !!