How hard can it be?

Ram

I’ve always wondered, why don’t cricket grounds get a big ar$e tarpaulin or polythene sheet the size of the Vatican city that can cover the entire ground while its raining? Why do they have to cover only the square and leave the outfields exposed? That’s like getting an umbrella that shields only your private parts as it pours down. Because of this, even a 10 minute sharp shower can literally ruin a match. Had the entire outfield been covered, the teams can resume play a femto second after the rain stops. :hitler:

I’ve always wondered' date=' why don’t cricket grounds get a big ar tarpaulin or polythene sheet the size of the Vatican city that can cover the entire ground while its raining? Why do they have to cover only the square and leave the outfields exposed? [b']That’s like getting an umbrella that shields only your private parts as it pours down. Because of this, even a 10 minute sharp shower can literally ruin a match. Had the entire outfield been covered, the teams can resume play a femto second after the rain stops. :hitler:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: i now have a really weird image of u holding a brolly over ur private parts!
I’ve always wondered' date=' why don’t cricket grounds get a big ar tarpaulin or polythene sheet the size of the Vatican city that can cover the entire ground while its raining? Why do they have to cover only the square and leave the outfields exposed? That’s like getting an umbrella that shields only your private parts as it pours down.[/quote'] And the Award for Channelling the Spirit of Navjot Sidhu goes to...
I’ve always wondered, why don’t cricket grounds get a big ar tarpaulin or polythene sheet the size of the Vatican city that can cover the entire ground while its raining? Why do they have to cover only the square and leave the outfields exposed? That’s like getting an umbrella that shields only your private parts as it pours down. Because of this, even a 10 minute sharp shower can literally ruin a match. Had the entire outfield been covered, the teams can resume play a femto second after the rain stops. :hitler:
This will ruin the charm of the game. :punter:
I’ve always wondered' date=' why don’t cricket grounds get a big ar [b']tarpaulin or polythene sheet the size of the Vatican city that can cover the entire ground while its raining? Why do they have to cover only the square and leave the outfields exposed? That’s like getting an umbrella that shields only your private parts as it pours down. Because of this, even a 10 minute sharp shower can literally ruin a match. Had the entire outfield been covered, the teams can resume play a femto second after the rain stops. :hitler:
great idea but few problems , you need some sort of support system to hold such a big cover, it also has to be elevated with the highest point over the pitch so that water can flow down and not have a big cover with a pond over the pitch. few inchs of rain irrespective of ground size will need changes to drainage system, i am sure there would be other bigger problems which some architect on this board could explain better