Remedies to get back the No.1 spot!!

Andy

get a better fast bowling coach....someone who tells people to bowl fast not become line and length trundlers... i rather have a 140+ bowler getting 10-0-60-2 than a trundler with 10-0-50-1 we need someone who emphasizes speed ...no indian bowling coaches none of them are good enough if we can get gary for the batters i am sure we could get some one else say a ambrose/walsh/holding/donald/waqar/wasim/mcgrath/troy cooley (bcci has the money to buy virtually anyone)
Troy is with Australia. He ain't going anywhere at least not at the moment. You can forget about Amby, Walsh and Holding. They wont be interested on a long time role. Donald didn't do any good as the bowling coach of the English who was later replaced by Ottis Gibson infact. Let him first prove himself at Warwickshire then we can move in for him. Not sure if Waqar and McG will be interested in the job that leaves us with Wasim who has already said that he is interested in the coaching job. Personally, I did like to see Paras Mhambrey do the job. He is currently the coach of Baroda and MI have roped him in as the deputy for the third edition. Even Sachin was vouching for his involvement with the MI.
Troy is with Australia. He ain't going anywhere at least not at the moment. You can forget about Amby, Walsh and Holding. They wont be interested on a long time role. Donald didn't do any good as the bowling coach of the English who was later replaced by Ottis Gibson infact. Let him first prove himself at Warwickshire then we can move in for him. Not sure if Waqar and McG will be interested in the job that leaves us with Wasim who has already said that he is interested in the coaching job. Personally, I did like to see Paras Mhambrey do the job. He is currently the coach of Baroda and MI have roped him in as the deputy for the third edition. Even Sachin was vouching for his involvement with the MI.
no indian seamers...none of them were good enough (barring dev and srinath)what will they coach?? also with an indian coach we get lots of baggage and a big ego usually sachin is god but i rather not take his opinion when it comes to training and leadership issues this is the bcci we have the money to buy almost everyone... we can buy off troy cooley easily by paying him twice that of aus (90% he would agree) we could also scout for better coaches in English county polly wont be bad too but we need someone who breeds aggression in our pacers telling them to bowl to knock someones head off and make batters look like :((
no indian seamers...none of them were good enough (barring dev and srinath)what will they coach?? also with an indian coach we get lots of baggage and a big ego usually sachin is god but i rather not take his opinion when it comes to training and leadership issues this is the bcci we have the money to buy almost everyone... we can buy off troy cooley easily by paying him twice that of aus (90% he would agree) we could also scout for better coaches in English county polly wont be bad too but we need someone who breeds aggression in our pacers telling them to bowl to knock someones head off and make batters look like :((
Really sensible post!! And thinking!! Hope Team manangemnt listens!!
Well, Troy Cooley himself didn't play a single international game if I remember correctly. A good player need not make a good coach and vice-versa applies too. I still like to see an Indian coach our bowlers. If Paras does a good job with Baroda then he should be given a chance to prove himself with the national team.
Well, Troy Cooley himself didn't play a single international game if I remember correctly. A good player need not make a good coach and vice-versa applies too. I still like to see an Indian coach our bowlers. If Paras does a good job with Baroda then he should be given a chance to prove himself with the national team.
cooley has proven his credentials mahmbrey has not.. we need a foreign bowling coach as the attitude of our bowlers needs a change
Yoda, When Ganguly was captain - we were an OKAY ODI team - hardly winning series - but we did fantastic in big events like WC 2003 finals, We reached the finals of 2 ICC CHampions trophy out of which we were joint winners in 2002. Would you rather want those days back ? Or you have faith in the current performances to eventually win a BIG tournament ? ( We already have won 2007 T20 WC)
no we are happy with this side ... may be the bowling was better of those sides... no credit to be given to ganguly for 2003 WC ... it was sachin all the way ..

I am a lot more impressed with Praveen Kumar and he should be surely preferred in place of RP and maybe even Ishant. Praveen has always proved himself whenever he has been given a chance. If he could also prove his batting abilities then he might become a permanent member of the side as the much needed all rounder. And regarding the all rounder spot, I was not much impressed with Abhishek Nayar. Even Dhoni was bowling better than him. I think Nayar is not the right person. Praveen or Irfan are much better for the all rounder spot.

India dont' deserve the number 1 spot' date=' they ahvent done much since 2003, u can win pointless odi series after another, but like steyn said tournaments matter not rankings, when u play west indies and other minnows[/quote'] Do you think before you post? Go and look up who India have played and beaten in the past 2 years.

The way this team get's better is to get the injured players back. Sehwag/Yuvraj returning will add much more strength to the batting and Yuvi's bowling has really come on recently on pitches that suit him. When Zaheer comes back then he can play in the important ODI matches and along with the surprising turn around from Nehra we'll have two new ball bowlers that can do the job well. That should leave Ishant to do what he does best. Come in after 10 overs and concentrate on the back of a length deliveries that allow his natural bounce to come through and make it count. Right now Ishant is trying too hard to be a new ball bowler and pitch it up when that's not his game. The ONLY real concern with this team is that the younger bowlers like RP/Pathan etc have been given tons of chances but they're still not bowling with any discipline. Instead they're too busy chucking pies that are too wide. These guys are makiing Sreesanth look like a match winner. Oh yeah, and finally, Harbhajan needs to improve. I know he's bowled very well recently but he has too many performances where he bowls like crap and he was clearly outbowled by other lesser caliber spinners so you can't just blame the conditions or pitch.

India dont' deserve the number 1 spot' date=' they ahvent done much since 2003, u can win pointless odi series after another, but like steyn said tournaments matter not rankings, when u play west indies and other minnows[/quote'] Man u understand cricket or wat?? U seem to be like other illliterate *****es!!
The way this team get's better is to get the injured players back. Sehwag/Yuvraj returning will add much more strength to the batting and Yuvi's bowling has really come on recently on pitches that suit him. When Zaheer comes back then he can play in the important ODI matches and along with the surprising turn around from Nehra we'll have two new ball bowlers that can do the job well. That should leave Ishant to do what he does best. Come in after 10 overs and concentrate on the back of a length deliveries that allow his natural bounce to come through and make it count. Right now Ishant is trying too hard to be a new ball bowler and pitch it up when that's not his game. The ONLY real concern with this team is that the younger bowlers like RP/Pathan etc have been given tons of chances but they're still not bowling with any discipline. Instead they're too busy chucking pies that are too wide. These guys are makiing Sreesanth look like a match winner. Oh yeah, and finally, Harbhajan needs to improve. I know he's bowled very well recently but he has too many performances where he bowls like crap and he was clearly outbowled by other lesser caliber spinners so you can't just blame the conditions or pitch.
wat r u talking Ishant is bowling after 10 overs,he hasnt gotten the new ball,infact i think if Zak doesnt return ,he can given the new ball.his problem is his action,he is jumping away to the right at the last moment istead of running in straight,as a result the balance is gone n he struggles
Guest Shivani

go with 5 bowlers (2 spinners must) Bhaji RP Ishant should go for long vacations !!! Get bak Zak and Iffu ... invest in new faces - sudeep tyagi, pragyan ojha etc stop picking players from the IPL ... there's seriously a lot more talent in the country than just the ones playing in IPL... invest in the youth ... more young players should be made to play the India-aus n other series and prepare them for the next WC ! for batting i guess its time Sachin Dravid need to retire ... we can't blame yusuf pathan ... how many times have you shown confidence in him ? i mean let him go and bat at #4 ... then may be he'll do well !! you send him then when the entire pressure is on him... Major mistake against Pak:- how could you take virat instead of kartik should have taken amit mishra

go with 5 bowlers (2 spinners must) Bhaji RP Ishant should go for long vacations !!! Get bak Zak and Iffu ... invest in new faces - sudeep tyagi, pragyan ojha etc stop picking players from the IPL ... there's seriously a lot more talent in the country than just the ones playing in IPL... invest in the youth ... more young players should be made to play the India-aus n other series and prepare them for the next WC ! for batting i guess its time Sachin Dravid need to retire ... we can't blame yusuf pathan ... how many times have you shown confidence in him ? i mean let him go and bat at #4 ... then may be he'll do well !! you send him then when the entire pressure is on him... Major mistake against Pak:- how could you take virat instead of kartik should have taken amit mishra
:whack:
Guest Shivani
:whack:
I Just can't explain you how disappointed i am with team India's loss vs Pak !! i don't give a damn if they don't win at any ICC event but plz don't lose from pak naaaw !! :((
I Just can't explain you how disappointed i am with team India's loss vs Pak !! i don't give a damn if they don't win at any ICC event but plz don't lose from pak naaaw !! :((
wat logic is that?we need to win every game that we play.indo-pak isnt that big now.