Remedies to get back the No.1 spot!!

Andy

My suggestion is to get Sudeep Tyagi a blue shirt!! This guy in the last IPL and Emerging players tournament have impressed the most!! Bring back IK Pathan..he is finished like ishant we all knw, But still he will fare far beter dan Ishant and RP...Coz he has got both line and Length and variation. ALTOUGH HE LACKS PACE!! Keep out Yusuf pathan!! He is not a 50 over player yet!! He needs to work a lot on his batting!! And once Veeru,Yuvi and Zak comes back all our prbs be solved!!:two_thumbs_up:

who cares about the #1 spot. this is the 2nd most imp tournament after the wc. we'll talk during and after wc 2011' date=' till then just keep playing some meaningless series.[/quote'] Yoda, When Ganguly was captain - we were an OKAY ODI team - hardly winning series - but we did fantastic in big events like WC 2003 finals, We reached the finals of 2 ICC CHampions trophy out of which we were joint winners in 2002. Would you rather want those days back ? Or you have faith in the current performances to eventually win a BIG tournament ? ( We already have won 2007 T20 WC)
Yoda, When Ganguly was captain - we were an OKAY ODI team - hardly winning series - but we did fantastic in big events like WC 2003 finals, We reached the finals of 2 ICC CHampions trophy out of which we were joint winners in 2002. Would you rather want those days back ? Or you have faith in the current performances to eventually win a BIG tournament ? ( We already have won 2007 T20 WC)
Well if we get our team selection and Squad right we will do both in series and in big tournaments!! Our main prb is dat it was clearly visible after the NZ series dat Ishant has chnged a bit and no more the same bowler..but just coz we were winning no real action was taken!! This is where we need to chnge our thought!! And RP?? Wel apart frm dat 1 20-20 ec i never saw him perform with the ball!! I wonder y he was recalled! On the basis of IPL performance?? Dats ridiculous!

get a better fast bowling coach....someone who tells people to bowl fast not become line and length trundlers... i rather have a 140+ bowler getting 10-0-60-2 than a trundler with 10-0-50-1 we need someone who emphasizes speed ...no indian bowling coaches none of them are good enough if we can get gary for the batters i am sure we could get some one else say a ambrose/walsh/holding/donald/waqar/wasim/mcgrath/troy cooley (bcci has the money to buy virtually anyone)

we will not change over night by bringing back one or two players.... the whole team has to be uplifted....they gotta feel like a champion to play like a champion Players I would like to see back: Ojha Sreesanth Robin Uthappa
We don need any chnge in batting!! And Mishra and Bhajji must not be touched!! Yes bhaji had a bad tourney but am sure he will be back, coz he is a tested player!! And y sud we bring sreeshanth?? We saw him bowl in IPL he wasnt impressive, Y not give chnce to an youngster like Sudeep Tyagi??
i'm sorry to have such a vain approach to this one - 1. fix our bowlers! bring back sree santh sack ishant 2. get the unfit players back in the gym 3. either quit the celeb dancing around on TV or quit cricket! that should them the kick up the bum that our players need!
1) Sreesanth is a liability 2) You training them for cricket of mr Olympia 3) Thats irrelevent

goku i think sree santh needs to be given another chance he is better than ishant's current performance, my 2nd point, look at some of our boys! they can whack the ball but cant run for a wicket or to catch the ball (refer to wasim akrams comments about bhajjis feilding in yesterdays game!) and 3rdly its very apparently that the celeb glam sham lifestyle is having a knock on effect on their performance!

i wud always prefer Irfan in ODI's , he is a good bowler and have won many matches with his bowling as well as batting . Well he also have a lot of variations , which our present bowlers lack. See his bowling figures in CB series. For test he is a Big Noooo... btw he will not bowl worse than what our bowlers are bowling now. Kaif is a history , we dont need batsman as they have done well. Earlier , either SRT or MSD or Yuvi used to fire and lead us to victory but in the last game both SRT and MSD failed. Well we dont need to press the panic button in our batting dept.