Just How Crap is Pakistan's Batting?

davidcooper

what stupidity.this is pakistanis mentality-sack the captain when things are not going well(which is often)' date='instead of addressing the main problem.[/quote'] what stupidity, this is what happens when you don't watch games live and just hit the reply button on forums just for the sake of replying. I guess you haven't seen his captaincy in NZ and Australia. I am not saying that he's the sole culprit, but his captaincy has played the biggest role in our defeats.

They need to dump characters like Butt, Iqbal, Farhat, Misbah and blood a few promising youngsters and just hope it pays off. By just persisting with the tried-tested-and-failed players, they're just exacerbating the situation. By getting in half a dozen new names into their squad, they might very well risk a series of losses, but its not as though they're winning now. At least then, they give themselves a chance of some improved performance. And, they'll do well to emulate to Lanka and the system of extended contracts that they have put in place. Pakistan should identify the top 150-200 cricketers in the country (including the seniors) and put in place a comprehensive plan of training, coaching, nuruturing for this core group over the next 15-18 months. If they persevere with this strategy, it is bound to pay some dividends in 3-4 years.

what stupidity' date=' this is what happens when you don't watch games live and just hit the reply button on forums just for the sake of replying. I guess you haven't seen his captaincy in NZ and Australia. I am not saying that he's the sole culprit, but his captaincy has played the biggest role in our defeats.[/quote'] are tappu.who else are you going to make the captain.please dont tell me Afridi because that will be laughable.you had a captain who won you the t20 world cup but you threw him away like a used rag and now you guys want a certifed idiot as the captain.
are tappu.who else are you going to make the captain.please dont tell me Afridi because that will be laughable.you had a captain who won you the t20 world cup but you threw him away like a used rag and now you guys want a certifed idiot as the captain.
are tappu, you guys will laugh regardless of who leads and plays for Pakistan, so it doesn't really matter. Afridi by nature is aggressive and will bring that spark back in Pakistan.

I don't understand making Afridi as test captain.For a minimum one needs to play tests.Anything can happen in Pakistan cricket I guess. Also some people suggest that he would play more responsibly if he was given the captaincy.Thats selfishness at its best.

Seeing all their collapses, I have to say that pakistani batsmen suffer from mental blocks as well. I mean how can you explain the riddle of these debacles. In psychology, there is something called fight-or-flight response. Put under stress few persons choose to dig in and fight, and some of them simply shirk away(flight) from pressure. In my opinion, when put under pressure Master batsmen like dravid dig in and play a watchful innings, absorbing the pressure. Perhaps Dravid is the most mentally tough player in our team. But few batsmen, who lack in confidence try to adopt flight response.In other words they try expansive shots to hit out of pressure. This is what pakistani batsmenl do on a regular basis. This mostly results in a batting collapse. But one may ask that batsmen like Tendu and Sehwag use the flight response(Hit out) always. But these men are once in a generation legends with superior hand eye co-ordination. So these are not an appropriate sample of the batsmen as a whole. Of course I am not an expert in psychology. If some one were to find reasons for pakistani batting debacles, this would be one of them.

:hysterical::hysterical: But world chumpion padosis were supposed to be best at T20.

are tappu' date=' you guys will laugh regardless of who leads and plays for Pakistan, so it doesn't really matter. Afridi by nature is [b']aggressive and will bring that spark back in Pakistan.
Yeah, it is in his nature to be aggressive. Thats why he tries to attack the ball with any means possible bat(without success) or teeth...
:hysterical::hysterical: But world chumpion padosis were supposed to be best at T20. Yeah, it is in his nature to be aggressive. Thats why he tries to attack the ball with any means possible bat(without success) or teeth...
when he tries to tamper the ball it is in his nature to be foolish..but what else can u expect from a wild animal like Afridi