'Sreesanth needs to change his habits' - Donald

Laaloo

He said he had recommended Sreesanth's name to the management at Warwickshire to make up for the absence of genuine fast bowlers like Brett Lee and Morne Morkel' date= who were busy on national duties earlier this summer. Donald was well aware of Sreesanth's abilities with the ball and his excitable nature, having witnessed the Indian's spectacular performance in the Johannesburg Test in 2006, where he took five wickets and helped India to a dramatic victory. "We wanted someone who could overstep the line a little bit and we know how Sreesanth can do that. But I knew I could control him, and we chatted about it quite a lot." Apparently Donald has high regards for Sreesanth as you can see.
What has that got to do with apparently posters spinning things to make out sree was gushing with praise for his mentor and guru Donald after taking wickets for India. All he said was a "little more proffesional". If he was really thankful he could have said at least said a lot more proffessional. But a little:haha: Sounds like a journalist asked him specific question on Donalds help and sree felt obliged to say something positive on Donald.
What has that got to do with apparently posters spinning things to make out sree was gushing with praise for his mentor and guru Donald after taking wickets for India. All he said was a "little more proffesional". If he was really thankful he could have said at least said a lot more proffessional. But a little:haha: Sounds like a journalist asked him specific question on Donalds help and sree felt obliged to say something positive on Donald.
Point is you sounded like Donald was like making fun of Sreesanth with your "up yours" comment. That implied only one thing. You didn't even read what the article contained. It was like you read the title and replied . Why would Donald suggest replacing Brett Lee with Sreesant if he doesn't rate him. He had this attitude that he can get carried away. I am not talking about antics. I am talking about his tendency to bowl beamers and deliberately over step by a big way to hurt batsmen. He just loses it when things don't go his way. Today lot of times things didn't go his way. Catch dropped, edge not given, leg before denied. He just stayed patient and maintained the intensity instead of over-trying. There is definite change in attitude . He looks much more level-headed. That is one of the reason he managed to keep creating chances. Donald's observation precisely referring to this. Being a successful aggressive fast bowler himself he knows more about controlling aggression than you and me. Jeezzaloo.
Anyone heard the nasty jibes Donald has had at Sree in his commentary. And some of you wanted him as bowling coach and took his words on sree as gospel!!!
I didnt, i keep the Volume on Mute generally as the Saf commentators are very annoying and Biased. Can you elaborate?

KT, Don't you think someone with the kind of ability Sree has, should be doing a lot better than what he has achieved so far? Many a times, he has let himself and the team down by losing control over his bowling in trying to be over aggressive. There have been glimpses of what this guy can do if he gets it right, it's always been a question of being consistent and channeling his energy positively. 4 years on since that debut series in SA and he has not even taken 100 test wickets while bowlers with lesser calibre have got more than that. He is 27 now and should be at the peak of his bowling. Instead what we get is a few amazing performances in between a string of disappointments. Hopefully with lots of away series coming up, he can get all this sorted and will become a consistent bowler who can use all the talent he has and win games for the team.

KT, Don't you think someone with the kind of ability Sree has, should be doing a lot better than what he has achieved so far? Many a times, he has let himself and the team down by losing control over his bowling in trying to be over aggressive. There have been glimpses of what this guy can do if he gets it right, it's always been a question of being consistent and channeling his energy positively. 4 years on since that debut series in SA and he has not even taken 100 test wickets while bowlers with lesser calibre have got more than that. He is 27 now and should be at the peak of his bowling. Instead what we get is a few amazing performances in between a string of disappointments. Hopefully with lots of away series coming up, he can get all this sorted and will become a consistent bowler who can use all the talent he has and win games for the team.
Yes, the same thing I had said in the other Sreesanth thread