Nehra is awful and should not be anywere near Indian team

Cos E/R is far more important. His economy rate means he goes for 6 an over. That is shocking and unacceptable. It is acceptable to bowl miserly but not take any wickets.
not really.wickets are as important.nothing slows down the opp. scoring as wickets do.Zak n PK take 1/50 in a game,whereas Nehra takes 2/60.to me Nehra's better
Are you saying you would pick nehra over ZK or PK?:((
no,all 3 r doing fine as of now.but if I had to drop one now,it'd be PK
Lokk at Nehras shocking economy rate. Simply woeful and not acceptable. Its clear from those stats the PK and ZK are automatic choice as 2 seamers. Its about finding the 3rd' date=' which cannot be Nehra. Must get other in who will be much better. Nehra has to be axed and give others a chance[/quote'] Before you typed that, you should have looked at Nehra's average :winky: .... Though it is surprising that you thought anyone would take your rant on Nehra's ER seriously w/o looking at other factors :P Based on his performances in the last two years, Nehra has probably been our best ODI bowler in that period, period
Cos E/R is far more important. His economy rate means he goes for 6 an over. That is shocking and unacceptable. It is acceptable to bowl miserly but not take any wickets. Are you saying you would pick nehra over ZK or PK?:((
I think it is far more accurate and reliable to look at a game by game basis. Nehra often wins India games by taking wickets. He rarely embarasses himself with an abnormally high economy rate, he may go for 60 off ten when others go for 50 - but he often does bowl at the death too. Looking game by game, there is rarely a reason to be upset by Nehra. Look at the game against Sri Lanka; sure he was expensive, but in a game that was all but finished. Do you drop someone based on that performance? Hell no. But does it adversely affect the stats, yes!
Before you typed that, you should have looked at Nehra's average :winky: .... Though it is surprising that you thought anyone would take your rant on Nehra's ER seriously w/o looking at other factors :P Based on his performances in the last two years, Nehra has probably been our best ODI bowler in that period, period
Ashish nehra's ODI Career performance Matches - 105 Wkts - 141 Avg - 30.70 Econ - 5.13 SR - 35.8 Irfan pathan's ODI Career performance Matches - 107 Wkts - 152 Avg - 29.91 Econ - 5.25 SR - 34.1 Compare these two players........... In bowling both performed almost similar. But If Irfan in team...........One batting resource will be increased. So you must choose Irfan over Nehra.
Ashish nehra's ODI Career performance Matches - 105 Wkts - 141 Avg - 30.70 Econ - 5.13 SR - 35.8 Irfan pathan's ODI Career performance Matches - 107 Wkts - 152 Avg - 29.91 Econ - 5.25 SR - 34.1 Compare these two players........... In bowling both performed almost similar. But If Irfan in team...........One batting resource will be increased. So you must choose Irfan over Nehra.
If you are taking career stats then why didn't you take Agarkar's stats too :P Irfan is no longer the bowler those stats suggest, while Nehra has probably been out best bowler in ODIs in the last two years. There is no point in replacing our best bowler in ODI of late w/ someone who is struggling to finish his quota of 10 overs to strengthen the batting, which isn't a concern. Anyway, thanks for the comic relief :haha:
If you are taking career stats then why didn't you take Agarkar's stats too :P Irfan is no longer the bowler those stats suggest, while Nehra has probably been out best bowler in ODIs in the last two years. There is no point in replacing our best bowler in ODI of late w/ someone who is struggling to finish his quota of 10 overs to strengthen the batting, which isn't a concern. Anyway, thanks for the comic relief :haha:
Nehra's performance in last two years at home Matches -13 Wkts -16 Avg - 43.25 Econ - 6.56 SR - 39.5 out side India Matches -21 Wkts -35 Avg - 22.51 Econ - 5.34 SR - 25.2 It means Nehra is not a good bowler on flat pitches in India. Irfan pathan can do better job than Nehra.
Nehra's performance in last two years at home Matches -13 Wkts -16 Avg - 43.25 Econ - 6.56 SR - 39.5 out side India Matches -21 Wkts -35 Avg - 22.51 Econ - 5.34 SR - 25.2 It means Nehra is not a good bowler on flat pitches in India. Irfan pathan can do better job than Nehra.
Nah, I don't think Irfan would have had as much success as Nehra had bowling under the same circumstances. Irfan propably would have had worse stats. For your information, PK has an avg and SR of 55. :winky: Anyways, while you are here give us a few more laughs :grin: .... so let's come back to Irfan. Why would you think, as a bowler, he is good enough to replace anyone of Zak, PK or Nehra? If you say not PK, then Nehra has better stats than him!
Nah, I don't think Irfan would have had as much success as Nehra had bowling under the same circumstances. Irfan propably would have had worse stats. For your information, PK has an avg and SR of 55. :winky: Anyways, while you are here give us a few more laughs :grin: .... so let's come back to Irfan. Why would you think, as a bowler, he is good enough to replace anyone of Zak, PK or Nehra? If you say not PK, then Nehra has better stats than him!
Ok........Leave Irfan. But Nehra is a poor bowler in Indian conditions. I am saying that Irfan should replace Nehra only......Not Zak&PK.
Ok........Leave Irfan. But Nehra is a poor bowler in Indian conditions. I am saying that Irfan should replace Nehra only......Not Zak&PK.
You really seem to be in love with IP with all of your recent debate over him. You come up with some random stats to win the argument. However, the fact is 1. IP is not death bowler as he has always been easy to give away runs without picking wickets, Nehra is and has been much better than him. 2. Nehra does pick wickets as an opening bowler while IP will only get smashed as a opening bowler with his no swing, little pace bowling. IP at best atm can come as our first change. Of course, now you will reply and say this is wrong. It may be true at some other time but right now Nehra is doing all things better than IP and you should have no reason to question AN performances.
You really seem to be in love with IP with all of your recent debate over him. You come up with some random stats to win the argument. However, the fact is 1. IP is not death bowler as he has always been easy to give away runs without picking wickets, Nehra is and has been much better than him. 2. Nehra does pick wickets as an opening bowler while IP will only get smashed as a opening bowler with his no swing, little pace bowling. IP at best atm can come as our first change. Of course, now you will reply and say this is wrong. It may be true at some other time but right now Nehra is doing all things better than IP and you should have no reason to question AN performances.
Forget IP here.................. You should accept Nehra's performance is poor in Indian conditions. I am Sachin's fan...........you should remember this point always.
Forget IP here.................. You should accept Nehra's performance is poor in Indian conditions. I am Sachin's fan...........you should remember this point always.
what exactly is Indian conditions, do we need special bowlers do play there. The fact is if you are good enough, you should play. Nehra has been doing very well presently and there is no reason to ignore the fact by you bringing some random stats. As I said in other threads, stats is meaningless.
what exactly is Indian conditions, do we need special bowlers do play there. The fact is if you are good enough, you should play. Nehra has been doing very well presently and there is no reason to ignore the fact by you bringing some random stats. As I said in other threads, stats is meaningless.
Selectors consider stats to select a player in team. stats along with performance is the first priority by selectors i think. stats are not meaningless
The world cup is in India. Nehra is hopless on most tracks but in India as stats show is totally hopeless. No brainer to anyone with common sense. Get rif of goofy. Mark my words Nehra will contribute in big way to us losing world cup. Only our great batting may save us from goofy
The world cup is in India. Nehra is hopless on most tracks but in India as stats show is totally hopeless. No brainer to anyone with common sense. Get rif of goofy. Mark my words Nehra will contribute in big way to us losing world cup. Only our great batting may save us from goofy
You are right......... But Sachin.......need to involve in team selection along with dhoni.
who (pacers) exactly have done great in Indian tracks?