Ponting better than Sachin: Chappall

Andy

The Chappells know cricket. The Punter has been the best batsman in the world for the last 6 yrs. Inb4 fanboy mr tendulkar gets mad.oh wait too late Somebody post the article of best test batsmen in the decade MINUS minnows. Inb4 fanboys claim that there are no minnows in test cricket
Whats with the over use of fanboy. If you can't understand why people are fans of him, you need to understand there is something wrong with you. If you cannot appreciate the greatness of the guy, then do yourself a favour and stop watching cricket, because you are failing to understand it. I was watching a cricket show yesterday and Ian Chappell said, "If someone put a gun to my head and made me pick the best batsmen of the modern era, I'd have to go with Lara over Tendulkar" Fine he didn't pick Tendulkar, but Ponting was not even considered. :finger:

I am busy, i cant browse message forums hitting the refresh button waiting for someone to reply, what did you want, just the last year, so 2009? thats easy the stats are already provided, you can just use the ones i already posted. 2009 for Tests for Sachin is mat~3 av~68.80 2009 for ODI mat~11 av~53.44 2009 for Tests for ponting is mat~9 av~40.50 2009 for ODI mat~23 av~42.31 Was that so hard to do?

Whats with the over use of fanboy. If you can't understand why people are fans of him, you need to understand there is something wrong with you. If you cannot appreciate the greatness of the guy, then do yourself a favour and stop watching cricket, because you are failing to understand it. I was watching a cricket show yesterday and Ian Chappell said, "If someone put a gun to my head and made me pick the best batsmen of the modern era, I'd have to go with Lara over Tendulkar" Fine he didn't pick Tendulkar, but Ponting was not even considered. :finger:
leave it buddy.......dont u smell padosis...........some one jus look up tendulkars avg in australia and pontings in India........that will tell u how good ponting is againist spin on turning pitches and how good tendulkar is on fast ones.............no one denies ponting is a very good player.....but comparing him to sachin is a folly........even kallis is a better batsman than ponting.......

Well im not even sure how ICC ranks it's players(does anyone know?) but currently Sanga is no.1 for Tests and Dhoni for ODI's, lets look at some players brought up in this thread Kumar Sangakkara Tests 2006 mat~2 av~134.00 2007 mat~7 av~138.28 2008 mat~6 av~39.45 2009 mat~8 av~60.14 total mat~23 av~92.97 ODI's 2006 mat~6 av~45.75 2007 mat~26 av~31.58 2008 mat~27 av~39.25 2009 mat~22 av~33.38 total mat~ av~37.49 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacques Kallis Tests 2006 mat~1 av~19.50 2007 mat~9 av~86.42 2008 mat~15 av~31.66 2009 mat~4 av~47.14 total mat~29 av~46.18 ODI's 2006 mat~8 av~42.00 2007 mat~27 av~58.05 2008 mat~14 av~55.70 2009 mat~11 av~41.54 total mat~60 av~49.32 --------------------------------------------------------------------- Virender Sehwag Tests 2006 mat~2 av~11.25 2007 mat~1 av~22.00 2008 mat~14 av~56.23 2009 mat~3 av~28.00 total mat~20 av~29.37 ODI's 2006 mat~6 av~20.00 2007 mat~15 av~33.92 2008 mat~18 av~49.61 2009 mat~9 av~58.50 total mat~48 av~40.51

I generally take the averages post-2000 with a pinch of salt when it doesn't come against Aussies and to some exent Saffers. More than 20 players averaged over 50 after 2000. in the 1990s just 3 players averaged over 50 after playing (min 10 tests) . Tendulkar with 58 and Lara with 52. Kambli with 54. It is such a shame some great players couldn't capitalize in flat track era. In no other decade batsmen were able to pile up runs like this decade.

^^^ any excuse to cover up the fact that Ponting WITHOUT minnows sliced 30 100s and 8634 at 58.33. Srt 5561 at 46.73 with 14 100s. Once again new excuses will be cooked up by u know who. Vvs your opinion = invalid cuz you know why. Haters gonna hate cuz The Punter outscoring all and sundry. Aus 4life. We have 4WC's AND 2 CT's. We won a test series in Ind. We won a WC IN IND We won a CT in IND. Last time we lost a WC odi was 10 yrs ago. Dont hate the Punter cuz of Aus success. Dont be bitter.

^^^ any excuse to cover up the fact that Ponting WITHOUT minnows sliced 30 100s and 8634 at 58.33. Srt 5561 at 46.73 with 14 100s. Once again new excuses will be cooked up by u know who. Vvs your opinion = invalid cuz you know why. Haters gonna hate cuz The Punter outscoring all and sundry. Aus 4life. We have 4WC's AND 2 CT's. We won a test series in Ind. We won a WC IN IND We won a CT in IND. Last time we lost a WC odi was 10 yrs ago. Dont hate the Punter cuz of Aus success. Dont be bitter.
I think Mr Pakistan you are showing your bitterness to the great Indian champ Tendulkar. Your bitterness to Tendulkar the great indian is summed up by your user name! My advice Don't be bitter to INDIA and TENDULKAR!
:haha::haha: u advising others not to be bitter and not to hate?? ur a bloody hypocrite ... aint u? fking pretender...
are we talking about aussie or ponting's success? since ponting came you guys have won 3 WC none in india and lost in WC1996. how much of that success is coz u had players like hayden langer mcgrath and warne and steve waugh.....and also gillespie kasprowicz and others since they retired guys have lost test series in india,CB series and ashes. so u had a great team and that did well jus like one man cant claim success for the windies of 1980s and same can be said for aussies of 2000s......... tendulkar has an avg of near about 40 in all test playing nations with 39.76 being his lowest(in SA) in ODIs his lowest is 35 in canada ponting avgs 21 in india.....on turning pitches againist quality spinners he isnt that good..... so much for the best player in the world........he cant play spin if the bowl is turning......quality wise kallis is better...another thing he didnt had to play the best bowling line up of his day coz fortunately they were in his team. though he avgs 54 in SL..........he avgs 83 in his 1st tour in 1999 where as in 2004 when againist a full flowing murali i guess he avgd a paultr 33.......

aussies do support their team,after the ashes debacle chappel has supported ponting much more than before fact are ponting has struggled in tests for past 2 years and by just his recent odi centuries does not mean he is no 1 where as he is ranked much lower officially also.

I know about Aussie fans. This guy is anything but aussie fan lol. He is just a sheep in wolves clothing (had to alter the saying to suit padosis). These sudden love for Punter comes from the fact they don't have any half decent batsmen.
So what was the give away? His Pinglish? :D
So what was the give away? His Pinglish? :D
Pinglish definitely. Also though one or two have a go at Sachin, overall Aussies have high respect for Sachin. Sure it strained a bit since 'monkey gate' episode. But he was one of the best against them when they were at peak along with Laxman. Anyway you look at it, it all points to a loony padosi's heart burn.