Who should be new Bowling and Fielding coach of Team India?

Feed

seriously...........ye atul sharma keyser soze ban gaya hai...... but Pont is a good coach,still my fav is donald......the man was fast,guess has a coaching certificate,coaching experience and has good rapport with kirsten......hope i see him.....troy cooley is a good choice as well...
Yeah the wonders of reverse swing that Cooley worked last year in India when Prasad had his proteges reverse swinging the ball in the 15th over. :laugh: All hail Cooley :adore:
Yeah the wonders of reverse swing that Cooley worked last year in India when Prasad had his proteges reverse swinging the ball in the 15th over. :laugh: All hail Cooley :adore:
zaheer could reverse it before prasad came........he culd always reverse it big........... did prasad ever reverse swing???? who taught isnat to reverse the ball????Zaheer?Prasad?Some one else?
zaheer could reverse it before prasad came........he culd always reverse it big........... did prasad ever reverse swing???? who taught isnat to reverse the ball????Zaheer?Prasad?Some one else?
I don't know but Lee, who could reverse swing it before, could not get anything to deviate off a straight line under the great Cooley. So if Zaheer is not able to reverse it after Cooley takes over as coach, I suppose you'll ask for Cooley's head.:winky:

I think Zak benefited a bit from Akram if i remember. I think Zak's performances started looking upward after his county stint. He always had some skills. His main problem was alarming drop in pace between spells example 1st spell 135 k 2nd spell 130k 3rd spell 120 k This is how Zak used to bowl. Chappell was frustrated with this. Once he set his fitness right he was able to deliver his best.

I don't know but Lee' date=' who could reverse swing it before, could not get anything to deviate off a straight line under the great Cooley. So if Zaheer is not able to reverse it after Cooley takes over as coach, I suppose you'll ask for Cooley's head.:winky:[/quote'] i think he benefited after his county stint.......let some one and see how he develops our bowlers........for last 9 months our bowlers were going downhill...no imprvement time for sm1 else to come and take it forward....every coach has shelf life and his time was up.... bowlers losing pace getin thrashed around and no improvement in last 9 mnths....
I am surprised people are still asking these kind of questions. Didn't we find the answer already - the root cause for all bowling problems was Prasad.
Mainly because he has been asking to change their bowling action for particular reasons :wall: don't understand why? Can't he see McGrath who can pick up wickets just by following the basics? Thech the youngsters the basics of bowling rather than modifying w/e they already have...It's beyond my understanding why Munaf Patel, Irfan Pathan and Ishant sharma changed their bowling actions...

I say Kapil Dev for bowling coach. Kapil Dev definitely has the right attitude and a vast amount of bowling knowledge. Many would agree with me...He knows how much attention should be paid to bowling and how much to batting for batting. this would also aid the tail enders gain some batting advantages plus help the alrounders (who are not really alrounders if you compare them to OZ and RSA allrounders)

I say Kapil Dev for bowling coach. Kapil Dev definitely has the right attitude and a vast amount of bowling knowledge. Many would agree with me...He knows how much attention should be paid to bowling and how much to batting for batting. this would also aid the tail enders gain some batting advantages plus help the alrounders (who are not really alrounders if you compare them to OZ and RSA allrounders)
Ego ICL not happening

shouldn't you know how to bowl and field by the time you make it to the national team? this is like asking someone to teach me basic math/english/CS skills at my job years after graduation. yes the coaches can get you upto speed on how to bowl to specific players, etc. but i mean learning to reverse swing and bowl the right length, c',mon wtf where you doing all these years?

I am surprised people are still asking these kind of questions. Didn't we find the answer already - the root cause for all bowling problems was Prasad.
Prasad also causes global warming when he is not screwing our bowlers, during his vacations he goes around killing pandas and dolphins
^totally wrong analogy in sports you need mentors/coach. they are not there to teach your bolwing. they are there to find any technical faults, suggest improvements, become your support system.
technical fault? why are you playing for the country with technical faults?
You pick up faults in the game. I have played TT at a professional level. As you age in a sport, involuntarily one picks up faults which can be rectified with a lot of practice and hard work. That attitude needs to be imbibed by the coach to fix one's fault without being egotistic.
Hmm Done that already.. He was the coach of the Indian team that toured Australia in 1990-00. Srinath had once said that he never got any kind of guidance from his seniors. KD was egotistic and never taught his skills to anyone.
Bowlers are not robots. Over a period they will pick up some change in actions without their knowledge. Not only that. They do lot of optimization. That is why Warne still went to Terry Jenner even after taking 600 wickets. Only experienced coach can identify the faults not common cricket fan like us.
You pick up faults in the game. I have played TT at a professional level. As you age in a sport' date=' involuntarily one picks up faults which can be rectified with a lot of practice and hard work. That attitude needs to be imbibed by the coach to fix one's fault without being egotistic.[/quote']
Bowlers are not robots. Over a period they will pick up some change in actions without their knowledge. Not only that. They do lot of optimization. That is why Warne still went to Terry Jenner even after taking 600 wickets. Only experienced coach can identify the faults not common cricket fan like us.
Ok, so both of you are referring to technical faults or issues that creep up over a period of time not for a new bowler like Ishant. I was mainly referring to bowlers like him who come on national stage, they should come in with their package and deliver consistently. Ofc coaching will be there to make them better and better, but not to even take care of basic line/length/pace/whatever you came with. I feel that one of the problems is that a lot of these guys haven't learnt much before they get selected at the national level probably due to limited coaching prior or due to being picked too early and then are learning and adjusting on the job.
Ok, so both of you are referring to technical faults or issues that creep up over a period of time not for a new bowler like Ishant. I was mainly referring to bowlers like him who come on national stage, they should come in with their package and deliver consistently. Ofc coaching will be there to make them better and better, but not to even take care of basic line/length/pace/whatever you came with. I feel that one of the problems is that a lot of these guys haven't learnt much before they get selected at the national level probably due to limited coaching prior or due to being picked too early and then are learning and adjusting on the job.
Sehwag once told about how Kirsten made him a better onside player by tossing the ball randomly on his leg side and on pads. Each coach has to find a way to improve the standard of these bowlers. Yea they get picked when they are too young. But that has been working for us somewhat. India registered many away tests with due to them. Sreesanth in SA. Balaji and Irfan in Pakistan. Munaf in West Indies. RP Singh in England. Ishant in India against Australia. They just get worse and worse after a certain point. I was hoping Venky would fix the issue. I don't think it is being addressed.