Who should be new Bowling and Fielding coach of Team India?

Feed

Hmm Done that already.. He was the coach of the Indian team that toured Australia in 1990-00. Srinath had once said that he never got any kind of guidance from his seniors. KD was egotistic and never taught his skills to anyone.
Wow, I didn't know that. If this is the case then KD is useless.

Little-known Briton throws his hat into the BCCI ring Not many would have heard of Julien Fountain, but chances are you might just hear more about the man, considering how persistently he is applying for a job in Indian cricket, reports Anand Vasu. More... Little-known Briton throws his hat into the BCCI ring Anand Vasu, Hindustan Times New Delhi, October 16, 2009 First Published: 23:55 IST(16/10/2009) Last Updated: 23:57 IST(16/10/2009) Not many would have heard of Julien Fountain, but chances are you might just hear more about the man, considering how persistently he is applying for a job in Indian cricket. On October 1, Fountain applied for the post of fielding coach, Hindustan Times has learnt, after being rejected for the same position about a year ago. The Board of Control for Cricket in India then had Robin Singh in place and did not take Fountain’s offer seriously. There’s no indication that they’re going to do so now, but that hasn’t stopped the Briton from trying. For the record, Fountain has worked with the West Indies, Pakistan and England (T20) teams on-and-off, usually on a series-by-series basis. He has also worked with age-group teams and women’s teams, against mostly from the countries above, but rarely on a full-time basis. Fountain holds an ECB Level 4 coaching certificate and lists 15 different counties as those he has worked with between 1996 and now. In his three-part application to the Board, Fountain lists as references former and current cricketers, including Ian Bishop, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Shivnarine Chanderpaul and Kamran Akmal - not quite the A-list of fielding. Fountain’s application includes a short-term plan to improve the fielding ahead of the 2010 T20 World Cup in the West Indies, and lists Throwing Biomechanics, Catching, Ground Fielding, Sliding-Diving-Rolling, Tactical Awareness, Pre-shot Movements and Stances, Statistical Analysis and individual testing and programmes for players. The most interesting part of the application, however, is an open letter to skipper M.S. Dhoni and coach Gary Kirsten, neither of whom would have received the communication as it was sent to the BCCI. Fountain begins by extensively quoting the captain and coach being critical of the fielding in a press conference. He then writes: “I can guarantee you, if you allow me to coach your squad, you will see an improvement in all areas of your fielding game, which I will be able prove to you with statistics taken during the series.” Given that Fountain has extensive playing experience- he represented the British baseball team in European Championships in 1988, 1989 and 1991 - and has done a fair bit of coaching, how he can “guarantee” anything, is unclear. At the moment, there isn’t any guarantee that the Board will read Fountain’s proposal in any detail.

Fielding Coach - Some American from MLB. These guys would make our lazy Indian fielders work out so much that they would improve their arm while throwing the ball from boundary to wicket keeper.
Why? What do they know about cricket fielding. How will a baseball coach instruct the guys on slip catching, boundary stopping, two handed pick ups, throwing at the stumps etc etc. I think you have spent to much time in the USA. Take away the nbg mit and baseball fileders would do jack! What next ten pin bowling coaches for bowling as they can get swing or the javelin coach. And what about the batting coach, maybe we should also get a baseball coach for that as home runs are similar to six hitting:((
After sreesanth's praise for him' date='i guess he should be given a chance to be our next Bowling Coach......[/quote'] What praise??? What exagerration and spin. Why does everyone love Donald so much, he has done jack as a coach, apart from coach england bowlers when we smoked them all over the place when we won last series in England. Great players dont neccasarily make great coaches. An example of this is CHAPPELL
What praise??? What exagerration and spin. Why does everyone love Donald so much, he has done jack as a coach, apart from coach england bowlers when we smoked them all over the place when we won last series in England. Great players dont neccasarily make great coaches. An example of this is CHAPPELL
and Kapil Dev !

Bump! Was watching Sportscenter on ESPN a while back and they are reporting that Mike Young ( the famous baseball coach and Aussies fielding consultant) is going to work with the Indian team during the SL odis. BCCI is also planning to rope him in as a fielding consultant till the 2011 WC. There's no link on the ESPN site yet and hence can't provide any links for this news.

What praise??? What exagerration and spin. Why does everyone love Donald so much, he has done jack as a coach, apart from coach england bowlers when we smoked them all over the place when we won last series in England. Great players dont neccasarily make great coaches. An example of this is CHAPPELL
Meh. As far as I am concerned, Greg Chappell was a very very good cricketer - not great.

There's a difference between head coaches and technical coaches. In that sense, Maradona cant be compared to Alan Donald. Maradona is required to strategize at a team level, Donald isnt. That said I think the bowling coach needs to instill 2 distinct things: i) How to learn a new delivery (like leg cutter, yorker, bowling wide of the crease etc) without screwing up the existing talent. ii) How to bowl to certain batsmen. Finding faults in their technique, and helping in planning. I think Pollock, McGrath and a few others are definitely good at ii). Not sure who is best at i) Maybe Akram. But he sometimes talks **** in front of the TV. In any case, I am not too optimistic. If there was one really good coach available, all the teams would already have lined up. So I say "no free lunch". Dont hire anybody. Get a fielding coach to help in slip/close-in catches.