Chappell sounds battlecry for ODI series

Andy

The world is busy celebrating Champions League T20, but the Australians are gearing up for the Indian sojourn. The mind games have already started in the right earnest, with Aussie great Ian Chappell being the latest to join the bandwagon. India and Australia have redefined rivalry on the cricket field. And Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar finds himself at the centre of the war of words, as Aussie great Ian Chappell sounded the bugle. Speaking exclusively to TIMES NOW Ian said, "He has been an outstanding player. And to be an outstanding player for such a long time takes a lot of things. But for a long part of his career he was the best batsman in the world. I don't think he is that anymore. I think Ricky Ponting has taken that role over now." The assertion is a clear sign that the mind games have started before the seven-match ODI series. But that is not all. Ian added, "There are a couple of new players who have brought to the side, which helps to liven the team up. The thing about Australia is that if they are on the field playing, they are there to win." Beware India, seems to be the message from the Aussie camp. This after Australian pacer Brett Lee revealed his intention. He said, "I don't have a specific target on any batsman. Anyone from number 1 to number 11 is good for me." The cocktail of rivalry, drama and high adrenaline cricket is already brewing between the two camps, but we will have to wait to see who has the last laugh. ========================================================== http://www.timesnow.tv/Chappell-sounds-battlecry-for-ODI-series/videoshow/4329625.cms