That LBW dismissal...

I would not have given that out for a bowler like Mcgrath who generally gets good bounce. Benefit of the doubt should have gone to batsman. But we know about Aussie umpires. They screwed us over in 1992 then in 1999 as well.
1986 was the worst . it was daylight dakaithi of shakoor Ranaesque proportions.
N69NelOYc8c&feature=related In the last slo mo view, you can see the ball hitting the shoulder and is in line with the bails.
IMO, ball stops gaining height at around 22.5-23 seconds into the video. Looks to me like its on a downwards slope by the time it hits Tendulkar. Either that or I need to CLEAN MY GLASAS.

It looks out to me on the slow mo as well..the ball looks like it is not gaining any height and appears to be heading straight to the top of the middle stump. It is another matter how Harper could have judged this in real time, because i am not sure with my view even with slow motion although i believe that it would hit the stumps. Anyway lot of doubt in real time and should have gone in favor of Sachin, but Harper thought otherwise!!

It looks out to me on the slow mo as well..the ball looks like it is not gaining any height and appears to be heading straight to the top of the middle stump. It is another matter how Harper could have judged this in real time' date=' because i am not sure with my view even with slow motion although i believe that it would hit the stumps. Anyway lot of doubt in real time and should have gone in favor of Sachin, but Harper thought otherwise!![/quote'] ++
It was out. Look at the scorecard. :notsmiley: [/Guess who!]
:notsmiley: On the topic, it would never be out, and not surprisingly Mr Harper wants to forget a "correct" decision, yes I get it.
Sachin was the captain and he didn't mention it in his report - always fair play with Sachin
Giving himself away there Harper
remember if there is even 1% doubt it should go to batsman. and for me there is more than 1% doubt.
There is no such rule. If the umpire thinks it's out, it is out. He will finally decide in real-time if there is any doubt. The BOD is a guideline not a rule for umpires. Some umpires follow it to the last word, some don't.

There is no doubt that the trajectory of the ball was beginning to flatline in its parabolic path. I am 99% sure that the ball would have passed within the height of the stumps (whether it was in line or not, I am not sure). Was it a slam-dunk 100% plumb lbw decision? No. But was it ridiculous decision? Absolutely not. If anything Daryl Harper should be commended for not getting distracted the unusual impact of ball with shoulder and retaining his sense of judgment.

There is no such rule. If the umpire thinks it's out' date=' it is out. He will finally decide in real-time if there is any doubt. The BOD is a guideline not a rule for umpires. Some umpires follow it to the last word, some don't.[/quote'] there is, all follow it. they only give out if they are sure, they don't have any doubt and thats how it should be

50/50 on this. Could have been given out, could have been given not out, and in both cases someone would have had a right to feel aggrieved. It is impressive though that Sachin never bothered mentioning it again/bringing it up, and seems to have clearly gotten over that decision. Apparently some other people have not.