Congress again sweeps all three state assembly elections (results/leads announced right now)

ViruRulez

I just switched on my TV and the election results and leads in the three assembly elections of Maharastra, Haryana and Arunachal Pradesh were shown. And Congress it seems is leading in all three states. Hope that they do not grow arrogant as winning every election without competition is not good too. The most surprising is Maharastra where BJP-SS seems to have almost ended with Congress-NCP leading in most places even after the floods and other problems in Mumbai. The current status of leads/results as shown in the TV news channels are: Maharastra Congress-NCP - 148 seats BJP-SS - 87 seats MNS - 12 seats Third front - 13 seats Others - 28 Haryana Congress - 43 INLD+ - 29 BJP - 4 HJC (BL) - 6 Others - 8 Arunachal Pradesh Congress - 30 BJP - 1 NCP - 2 TC - 2 Others - 3 All these states were Congress held states and they managed to maintain their hold instead of the anti-incumbency. Hope that they perform well and do not become arrogant. I dont want a single party wielding immense power all over India unless they work off their asses and justify their selection. Anyways for those who are outside India, you can get the latest updates of the election results/leads right now at http://ibnlive.in.com/

sad really inspite of 10 yrs of incompetent governance and dumb****s for ministers cong still comes to power shows how even more incompetent and stupid the opposition party in this state really is.Raj thackeray must be laughing all the way.(the guy is a legend if you have heard his speeches and understand marathi)Uddhav thackeray had no idea except kept bashing raj thackeray left right and centre.Munde ruined it for bjp giving handouts to all and sundry form his family. Gadkari sahib kept harping abt his lovely flyovers that he had gifted mumbai (55 to be exact which he didnt forget to mention in his inteviews) which have created more chaos then solved traffic problems. Maharashtra in ruins and going the way of bihar sadly. and mumbai into a shanty town

MNS won 13 seats?? Bal Thackeray must be puking. Good to see Congress triumph. Even though its leaders are no good, atleast we have a party that has widespread recognition. The highlight was Congress winning 30 so seats in a state of 40 odd constituencies. Even better since China was having heartaches about Manmohan Singh going there. BJP needs to start building their base in states like Arunachal and not merely concentrate in usual suspect states.

I think it’s a bit naïve to pronounce judgements on the national mood going by state election results. The Indian electorate is so much sophisticated and complex than any election pundit can imagine. But I think its safe to say that the Congress is on a massive comeback trail and the BJP lies in absolute tatters.