Gilly: I was representing India

Andy

Deccan Chargers skipper and former Australian wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist said he felt like an Indian in the Airtel CL T20 The Chargers were knocked out of the first stage after two closely fought games against eventual finalists Trinidad and Tobago and the Somerset Sabres. However, Gilchrist said he was not too disappointed with the result: "We were knocked out in the first round but the team fought well. "The guys had the crowd gunning for them all through and I was out there on the field, representing India and not just the Deccan Chargers." "Yes, it was unfortunate to see the IPL teams, including ourselves knocked out early but the support for all the other teams has been fantastic." One of the most destructive batsmen in modern day cricket, Gilchrist hailed the concept of the Airtel CL T20 and opined the tournament had a great future. "Give it some more time. I think in the times to come, the Airtel CL T20 will generate great rivalries between states, provinces and franchises." Super selector: Register, build your team and win Canon Cameras, Titan Watches and Flying machine gift vouchers The southpaw also revealed the transition that led them to lift the title in the second edition of the Indian Premier League from being the last on the table in India the previous year. "One of the most talked about aspects after the first edition was the culture of the franchises and how teams managed with players from different nationalities. "We got down to work on that and came out with a culture for the Deccan Chargers and I told the guys -"We are all in it together, whether we win or lose." Gilly heaped praises on coach and former Aussie team mate Darren Lehman for his "excellent man management skills." "It was great working with Lehman and he and I made the guys believe in each other." Gilchrist had taken over the captaincy of the Chargers after VVS Laxman suffered an injury in the inaugural edition. However, the flamboyant cricketer was given the reins for good for the subsequent year as well after Laxman and Chargers team mate Shahid Afridi got embroiled in a bitter war of words.