Dropo-phobia

Rajiv

It happens every series, every match. 1 Wide, 2 No Balls Given - you can bet that in a span of 5 minutes you will see a thread to drop that player So far we have Should Praveen Play Harbhajan to go Ishant to go Kohli to go Jadeja to go Tendulkar Sucks Nehra should not be near the team That's 7 players from the playing 11 Then god forbid they perform, the threads are bumped with "I told you so" and " reverse jinx with every smiley available out there" This trend is not new, but so far the posters here are little more generous, they give it some time There used to be a poster called "BladeBhai" on our old forum, a total messed up individual. In 2004, during the Border - Gavaskar Trophy, it was the first test match in Bangalore and Bucknor didn't give Hayden out on Harbhajans appeal ( this was like the 1st session ). This guy immediately opened a thread " Bucknor hands over the Border-Gavaskar Trophy to Australia". I mean this wasn't even the 1st session for christ sake and offcourse the reverse mockery followed with threads like Bring Back this, bring back etc One of the posters captured the funny side and said "Bring Back Mohinder Amarnath, Vengsarkar for god sake" Point is, while some things are obvious ( like Jadeja and Kohli at the most ) , why do we go so weak and feel threatened, at least let the game finish. Series is not over yet and today's villain can be tomorrows hero If they are miserable throughout then they don't stand a chance anyways

LOLL Well said. I cant agree more But this is the whole point of the board - people like some players, and arent so hot on others who they want removed. And here is where they express that view. If we arent calling for players heads- what do we talk about???!!!!! :P

Knee-jerk and wrist-slitters fans. I agree PK was pathetic today, but which bowler would fare good in India when the bowler's forte is to swing the ball. PK looked good when there was some assistance in the beginning overs but once the swing is taken out of the equation he is always going to be "hit me" type bowler with the pace he bowls at. India has to be smart when they PK in the playing XI. Either bowl his full quote of 10 overs at a trot or pick him when the pitch is bowler friendly. Having said that, Jadeja should be no where near the team if he is picked on the basis of his all round abilities, because tbh PK bats much better than Jadeja (now that is saying something). Anyways, I am not too worried about today's result and I am confident India will this series 5-2 or 4-3 quite convincingly.

the quality is still missing a bit with the bowlers especially and many of the posters are mostly pissed off with the bowlers .. Dhoni said UV would be playing in the next match.. hopefully the team should be a lot more balanced after that .. Bhajji's bowling has become worse series after series but the only positive is that he has gradually turned into an all rounder.. rest all the fast bowlers have always been inconsistent especially after the absence of Zak .. and many of our part timers are not given the ball due to injury too.. Veeru's shoulder injury has resulted in him not bowling, Sachin is growing older and so Dhoni does not give him the ball nowadays, Rohit is not in the team, Raina is the only part timer left of now.. a few months ago we had 10 bowlers (including part timers) and 10 batsmen (including Bhajji, Zak etc.) but both bowling and batting options has decreased due to injuries and loss of form etc. .. so yes the balance is a bit less but hopefully in the next one or two months we would hopefully go back to our full strength However, the biggest problem in the last few months with our team is that we are not playing with the amount of confidence as we used to play previously and that is evident in the body language while batting, bowling and fielding too.. only Veeru plays his natural game rest all have curbed their natural game and play a lot defensive .. we were an attacking team previously and now we are turning into a somewhat defensive team (especially the middle order) and that is creating a lot of problem .. it is simply the change of mentality including Dhoni's who was a fearless cricketer till 8-10 months ago and now hardly hits even a 6 when needed .. there is a huge change in the mentality of the players and that is affecting almost all players including Dhoni and Sachin

Jadeja is not a no 7 batsman but he is a more than useful alrounder. Bowled well and he has before- an economical bowler and FAR more of a cricketer than Yusuf. Ideally wed have an in form Irfan backing up two pacemen and I think two spinners should play here in India. Our pace bowlers need favourable conditions, they arent going to get that.

Knee-jerk and wrist-slitters fans. I agree PK was pathetic today, but which bowler would fare good in India when the bowler's forte is to swing the ball. PK looked good when there was some assistance in the beginning overs but once the swing is taken out of the equation he is always going to be "hit me" type bowler with the pace he bowls at. India has to be smart when they PK in the playing XI. Either bowl his full quote of 10 overs at a trot or pick him when the pitch is bowler friendly. Having said that, Jadeja should be no where near the team if he is picked on the basis of his all round abilities, because tbh PK bats much better than Jadeja (now that is saying something). Anyways, I am not too worried about today's result and I am confident India will this series 5-2 or 4-3 quite convincingly.
PK isn't a better bat than Jadeja. Just because PK scored some runs yesterday
PK isn't a better bat than Jadeja. Just because PK scored some runs yesterday
That was my way of saying Jadeja seriously sucks at batting against quality international sides. YK pathan could do no worse than Jadeja.
That was my way of saying Jadeja seriously sucks at batting against quality international sides. YK pathan could do no worse than Jadeja.
Frankly speaking after seeing our inconsistent bowling in the last few months, I feel that the best option for the all rounder spot is still Irfan .. he has got all the qualities and if he could improve his bowling a bit he would make the balance of the team a lot better