Destruction Ranking - 2009 (Indian players)

vvvslaxman

Tendulkar at 5? I know some of those guys are really destructive, but Tendulkar is totally capable of doing that and that too against some of the best bowlers. People like Yusuf can hit spinners, don't know how good he is against seamers
He did hit the likes of Umar Gul for long distances. I think it is more than the pace it is the movement, length that dictates his ability. If it is in the slot he can destroy anyone. If it is not in the slot he would be an easy prey to anyone. I am just assuming he is in good hitting rythm.
He did hit the likes of Umar Gul for long distances. I think it is more than the pace it is the movement' date=' length that dictates his ability. If it is in the slot he can destroy anyone. If it is not in the slot he would be an easy prey to anyone. I am just assuming he is in good hitting rythm.[/quote'] What, that 1 sixer in the T20 WC?
You don’t win matches by being destructive' date=' but by being effective. I would rather have a ‘Effective players list’ than a ‘Destructive players list’.[/quote'] How about Effective & Destructive . If you have a rankings for that 1) Yuvraj 2) Sehwag 3) Gambhir 4) Dhoni 5) Tendulkar 6) Raina You need to have every single player capable of big shots when needed.
How about Effective & Destructive . If you have a rankings for that 1) Yuvraj 2) Sehwag 3) Gambhir 4) Dhoni 5) Tendulkar 6) Raina You need to have every single player capable of big shots when needed.
That’s a better list and to a large extent, I agree with your rankings.
^^ yes i agree and that is the reason why these need to be our top 6..any youngster coming in will have to start out at #7..its r4eally unfortunate but we really can't afford our top 6 players coming in when the RR is almost 7.5 rpo during big chase..
Dhoni was hoping Yusuf would address this issue. But he is not really delivering. For the moment i would settle for Irfan Pathan. Jadeja should be treated as a bowler not all rounder. He might be a better batsman than a tailender. But in shorter versions No.7 more often than not has to play one role. That is to up the tempo. If Jadeja is going to play he should bat at 8 or 9. If Irfan becomes a reliable bowler nothing can beat that. He can alternate between innings building and quickscoring.