Muslim roles in films

champ

hrithik roshan has acted in many films as a muslim although he is a hindu.. ex: fiza, mission kashmir , akbar .. i could think these .. may have missed some .. my gf pointed this out to me. what could be the reason ? is it a concidence or something else.. my take is role as a muslim could be more challenging and interesting .. do u agree ?

lame thread :P all roles are challenging unless great actors like Kamal R Khan acting in the movie :hehe:
hrithik's choice of these roles more made me put up this question.. i gave one reason .. ie . could be challenging .. wanted to know other's opinions as well if they think same..

Hmm. I guess muslim roles in films are a bit more complex because of the nature of the films theyre in Cheesy romatic films are simpler and dont seem to have muslims in the leads often- for whatever reason But roles where muslims are the main character(s) are about- terrorism or religious issues which are quite topical these days and which are naturally more complex due to the demands of the character. Lots of films along those lines out/coming out- My Name is Khan as you mentioned; also Kurbaan with Saif and Kareena; New York- is N N Mukesh a muslim in that? I thought Hrithiks Portrayal of a militant in Mission K was pretty good. Fiza OTOH was poor, too simplistic. Havent seen J.Akbar, but I think with Hrit the fact that he has done a few is coincidence In Rang de Basanti the guy who plays a mulsim does a pretty good job.

Hmm. I guess muslim roles in films are a bit more complex because of the nature of the films theyre in Cheesy romatic films are simpler and dont seem to have muslims in the leads often- for whatever reason But roles where muslims are the main character(s) are about- terrorism or religious issues which are quite topical these days and which are naturally more complex due to the demands of the character. Lots of films along those lines out/coming out- My Name is Khan as you mentioned; also Kurbaan with Saif and Kareena; New York- is N N Mukesh a muslim in that? I thought Hrithiks Portrayal of a militant in Mission K was pretty good. Fiza OTOH was poor, too simplistic. Havent seen J.Akbar, but I think with Hrit the fact that he has done a few is coincidence In Rang de Basanti the guy who plays a mulsim does a pretty good job.
yes u echo my opinions .. :two_thumbs_up:

Romance is haram!

hrithik roshan has acted in many films as a muslim although he is a hindu.. ex: fiza, mission kashmir , akbar .. i could think these .. may have missed some .. my gf pointed this out to me. what could be the reason ? is it a concidence or something else.. my take is role as a muslim could be more challenging and interesting ..do u agree ?
No I do not. For starters you have totally missed the fact that for every 10 Muslim male roles you would be hard pressed to find a single female role. The reasons are rather obvious - status of female in Muslim society and also the sheer hungama that follows anytime a Muslim female role has even a bit of controversy(and this controvery can range from wearing skirts to drinking, forget big contentious topics). As for Hrithik for every role of his you can find a corresponding Hindu role as well. For a Jodha Akbar you have an Ashoka for example. You obviously can not compare with an Islamic terrorist role because simply there has not been many Hindu terrorists really. xxx

Well, not romance per se. Its pre/extra marital romance that is. Somehow I dont think thats the reason why they dont have muslims in those kinda roles. :P I forgot Aamir Khan in Fanaa- he does a good job in that film.
naah come on they do show muslim characters in pre marriage romance!! dont ask me to name as i cant remember any apart from fanaa

The might do, because it happens. Dosent change the fact that it is, as you quite rightly say, haram in real life.

No I do not. For starters you have totally missed the fact that for every 10 Muslim male roles you would be hard pressed to find a single female role. The reasons are rather obvious - status of female in Muslim society and also the sheer hungama that follows anytime a Muslim female role has even a bit of controversy xxx
How do you mean? Films about 'muslims', or with muslims in them as the primary focus be it re: terrorism in Kashmir or whatever, have actresses playing muslims in them too. :hmmm: Unless you mean a muslim woman as the main lead type. Having ANY woman is rare in that respect.