ICF Founding Members Profiles - Dhondy

Gambit

Dhondy - The Aristocrat ======================== englishman400px.jpg I've always thought of Dhondy as some sort of an aristocrat - rich, suave and very articulate. You can picture him entertaining Labour MPs and the intelligensia of the UK at dinner parties hosted in his rather large family mansion. The sort of parties where the gents retire to the smoking room after dinner for cigars and port. He has, without doubt, the largest fan following amongst ICF readers and his posts always leave you wanting for more. His writing is like the 1854 Pinot Noir he's probably having right now - crisp and smart. My favourite article of his is this one. It completely blows me away. When we were about to start this place, it was Dhondy's single minded determination to have a place we could call our own, a place where we would not be persecuted for having an opinion, that swayed those of us having second thoughts. His loves in life include his son, Sehwag's batting and mathematics. IndianCricketFans is rude health today because the Doctor is always in.

Dhondy - The Aristocrat ======================== englishman400px.jpg I've always thought of Dhondy as some sort of an aristocrat - rich, suave and very articulate. You can picture him entertaining Labour MPs and the intelligensia of the UK at dinner parties hosted in his rather large family mansion. The sort of parties where the gents retire to the smoking room after dinner for cigars and port. He has, without doubt, the largest fan following amongst ICF readers and his posts always leave you wanting for more. His writing is like the 1854 Pinot Noir he's probably having right now - crisp and smart. My favourite article of his is this one. It completely blows me away. When we were about to start this place, it was Dhondy's single minded determination to have a place we could call our own, a place where we would not be persecuted for having an opinion, that swayed those of us having second thoughts. His loves in life include his son, Sehwag's batting and mathematics. IndianCricketFans is rude health today because the Doctor is always in.
if only he could write more for us......his contribution for ICF is immense:hatsoff:

Gambo, You may want to move this to Chit Chat, or have a pointer of sorts, else this series thread would get lost between what the cricket threads. Coming back to Dhondy, I beleive I have mentioned this on various occasions really, one of his initial articles pulled me strong enough to become a member and start posting on ICF. Prior to that I was more of a lurker. The man obviously knows his cricket and does so with a sense of humor which is always fun to read. Somewhere in between he seems to have developed more of an interest in Science than cricket, maybe Lalit Modi ticked him off completely. His love for Pakistanis, specially the old board is renowned and I have to wonder if one day we should all do a Pschycoanalysis (sp?) of the person. I bet it would be fun. Excellent member of the forum and I hope he chucks Science soon enough :winky:

I've always thought of Dhondy as some sort of an aristocrat - rich' date=' suave and very articulate. You can picture him entertaining Labour MPs and the intelligensia of the UK at dinner parties hosted in his rather large family mansion. The sort of parties where the gents retire to the smoking room after dinner for cigars and port.[/quote'] Strange, as rather than a very lavish type of guy who enjoys excessive, opulent pleasures - he seems to be far more disciplined and dedicated to his work and the pursuit of good health and knowledge than pretty much anyone else on here (or others I've come across). If he was entertaining those sorts of folk at such dinners, I'd wager that rather than cigars and port, he'd have everyone engaged in a pretty intense discussion about economics, medicine, fitness or anything else.
Spot on, Gambit. Dhondy is/was always great value. I take it he's no longer active here?
Guys you need to post in the nerd section :lightbulb: here' date=' thats the only way to get make Dhondy keep coming back here. :hehe:[/quote'] yup thats the only place I see him almost in every thread .. rest I have hardly seen him after I joined though heard a lot about his great writings :hatsoff: