Match Thrown Away

Another reason is Sachin is now a passenger with the team in this series, what now 4 failures in a row, so India effectively going in with only 5 batsman everytime they take the field I still cant digest the way he played the first 10 overs, absolutely pathetic yet, no one gives a phuck about it
You consider scoring 40 runs in an ODI as a failure? :hysterical: Going by your logic, we are playing with only 4 batsmen since Viru till now scored just four runs more than Sachin !
Another reason is Sachin is now a passenger with the team in this series, what now 4 failures in a row, so India effectively going in with only 5 batsman everytime they take the field I still cant digest the way he played the first 10 overs, absolutely pathetic yet, no one gives a phuck about it
I can't stop laughing after reading this post! a 10 year old kid could make a lot more sense.... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
We needed 25 runs in 20 balls in the end but only problem we had no batsman left.The problem wasn't the scoring rate but the wickets in hand. Moral of the story: we needed a friggin batsman to stay for a longer duration to see through the innings which didn't happen. This is what Tendulkar was trying to do but for that decision. :wall:
You cannot expect the same players to pull you out of the trouble every time. Others have to step up. .
Spot on. Too many of the current team flatter to deceive - a few cameos here and there but little real substance. No point all scoring big on good pitches, have to deliver when the chips are down but am not sure how many of the younger brigade have got the mentality for a battle.
You consider scoring 40 runs in an ODI as a failure? :hysterical: Going by your logic, we are playing with only 4 batsmen since Viru till now scored just four runs more than Sachin !
Actually it was. Did you see his SR today? He has been having a non-characteristic series, but did well before in NZ and SL, so I agree with others that some of the other players need to step up.
Actually it was. Did you see his SR today? He has been having a non-characteristic series' date=' but did well before in NZ and SL, so I agree with others that some of the other players need to step up.[/quote'] If only batsmen had played like him we would have won! We had over 3 overs left in the end with no wicket so he made the correct assesment. how did strike rate matter here?
Actually it was. Did you see his SR today? He has been having a non-characteristic series' date= but did well before in NZ and SL, so I agree with others that some of the other players need to step up.
non-characteristic series yes but in terms of big runs. But with respect to his knock today, i think he had the perfect idea of what he was doing. He wanted to stay till the end and he was setting himself up for a big one until DeSilva struck. That ball was quite clearly going down the leg and i have no clue why that idiot nodded his head as if to say that "Yea i know, the ball is crashing the stumps". So he was a bit unlucky today in my opinion.

3 main reasons * Veeru's stupid shot. I am a fan of Veeru but b4 he got out he miss timed & miss hit similar shot couple of times but he still went with it. IMO that was something which was in OUR control and while chasing a relatively small target Viru could have avoided that * DeSilva :hail: *n00bs : kholi - just like R Sharma he also needs to play a little bit more of domestic cricket , For jadeja : he should play only as a bowler

We lost because our batsmen were not good enough yesterday. As it is we are playing only 5 batsmen and 2 of them, Sachin and sehwag got par scores. Its was just that the rest 3 failed. Ofcourse, we should have gone in with 2 extra batsmen instead of Kholi and Jadeja, which would have increased our odds of winning. All the reasoning of sending a bad players infront of better batsmen needs to stop. Raina needs to start playing the short balls. Yuvi needs to take more responsibility (and Dhoni should trust him) and come in at 3 when Ghambhir is not playing. We need to find a proper batsmen (Badri) to replace Jadeja and Kholi.

We lost because our batsmen were not good enough yesterday. As it is we are playing only 5 batsmen and 2 of them, Sachin and sehwag got par scores. Its was just that the rest 3 failed. Ofcourse, we should have gone in with 2 extra batsmen instead of Kholi and Jadeja, which would have increased our odds of winning. All the reasoning of sending a bad players infront of better batsmen needs to stop. Raina needs to start playing the short balls. Yuvi needs to take more responsibility (and Dhoni should trust him) and come in at 3 when Ghambhir is not playing. We need to find a proper batsmen (Badri) to replace Jadeja and Kholi.
thats why india should play 7 proper batsmen all the time but dhobi is following greg chappal's failed 5 bowler theory and yea kholi needs to go!
3 main reasons * Veeru's stupid shot. I am a fan of Veeru but b4 he got out he miss timed & miss hit similar shot couple of times but he still went with it. IMO that was something which was in OUR control and while chasing a relatively small target Viru could have avoided that
That's why he is called viru... :--D You can't expect more than 30-40 runs and a good start from a guy like viru! He did his job but no middle order batsman took the charge. Don't blame viru ...he is still a rockstar :eyedance::eyedance::eyedance:

we have a good team..........More often than ever......dhoni or who ever is calling the cards is screwing up the batting order big big big time....WTF is Kohli doing at no 3? No 3 is always for one of the best batsman...either raina or dhoni should have walked in and played more responsibly in the absence of gauti. Last but not the least...sehwag needs a bamboo up his ***** for throwing his wicket away for the nth time...when will this guy learn to take responsibility and play through an innings?

Last but not the least...sehwag needs a bamboo up his ***** for throwing his wicket away for the nth time...when will this guy learn to take responsibility and play through an innings?
try NEVER for an answer. He will never change :nono:. He is one the least technically sound batsmen around the globe. If you get your hands on today's highlights, you will see that all 7 of the boundaries hit by viru came with 0% foot movement. It's all wrist and elbow work for this guy and what ever he does, he does it well. I liked his approach today b/c he provided a brilliant start :clap:
I can't stop laughing after reading this post! a 10 year old kid could make a lot more sense....
Even a younger kid would understand that he has been a big failure in this series and today's innings was the icing on the cake Both him and sehwag, thrown off the good starts he had - has put big pressure on the middle order everytime and they came up trumps twice and failed twice In ODIs, your top order should be the major contributor, else you are not going many matches I am not defending Sehwag or his reckless shot, but in the partnership if one guy is going great guns, the other one has to give him the strike to sustain the flow, if he is not capable of it at that point, or struggling Instead he was just holding one end up giving maidens Had Siddle been smashed by Sehwag, then Ponting would have brought in Watson or Hauritz and it would have been a different ball game Sachin although made up for it after that lackluster start he had, but the damage was done long back The problem with you guys is you push him to a pedestal and think he is beyond criticism whatever he does For me, he is another Indian player and he is bound to be criticized and praised like any other player, based on his performance, and its my opinion, so STFU

Ironically the hero of last 2 games MSD has to be blamed,first by allowing 10 extra runs by prefering Yuvraj to Jadeja for 10 overs. then he did not come at 3 when this was perfect opportunity.he was in top form the Aussies were on backfoot after Sehwag assault.instead he sent a nervous Kohli.n when his turn came scored 26 off 46.infact whole MO of Yuvi,MSD n Raina looked clueless.they couldnt even play Hauritz properly.it was like watching England play spin.no use of the feet,no aggresive shots, talking of Sehwag,i'm tired of his 20s n 30s.however they quick they may be they dont help much if u cant carry on.

Even a younger kid would understand that he has been a big failure in this series and today's innings was the icing on the cake Both him and sehwag, thrown off the good starts he had - has put big pressure on the middle order everytime and they came up trumps twice and failed twice In ODIs, your top order should be the major contributor, else you are not going many matches I am not defending Sehwag or his reckless shot, but in the partnership if one guy is going great guns, the other one has to give him the strike to sustain the flow, if he is not capable of it at that point, or struggling Instead he was just holding one end up giving maidens Had Siddle been smashed by Sehwag, then Ponting would have brought in Watson or Hauritz and it would have been a different ball game Sachin although made up for it after that lackluster start he had, but the damage was done long back The problem with you guys is you push him to a pedestal and think he is beyond criticism whatever he does For me, he is another Indian player and he is bound to be criticized and praised like any other player, based on his performance, and its my opinion, so STFU
do u really think Sehwag would have survived for too long against Siddle the way he ws bowling?i think it was perfect strategy from SRT to see off Siddle n Sehwag to attack Johnson who was bowling trash. we dont think Sachin is beyond criticism,but we dont criticize him just for the sake of it either.how easily have u ignored that he was given out wrongly? if u really think Sachin is the main villain of this match,then u should stick to watch T20s n Hong Kong Sixes,Test Cricket n ODIs r not for u