Indian Duality

flamy

Good stuff! The personal goal needn't necessarily be related to the career goals.
:alienbooty: <== Thats the only personal goal I have. Believe it or not, achieving that consistently (without $$ :cantstop: ) requires excellence in a lot of other areas (have to be in shape, talk well, have a sense of humor, know football (reference: latest episode of big bang theory), dress well, be classy :cool: ala gunner brah :woot:)

I think as parents, we all want our kids to to first strive for a stable career. Once you have that, then can pursue hobbies as a side dish? If one goes for the latter, and it doesnt work out, then there is nothing to fall back on.

I was told this by a man much wiser than I: at any given time' date=' you can only at most have 3 goals. One long-term career (research, in my case) goal, one short-term research/career goal, and one personal goal. Anymore than that, you won't achieve any.[/quote'] Was that me who said that by any chance? Brb... finding my 3 goals :woot:

ofcourse, if you only had to pick one personal goal, that would be it :hehe: but considering that goal is not very applicable to me at my current location, i look for more achievable goals like spending 4 weeks to learn table tennis or going to the gym regularly or visiting places on the weekends...

ofcourse, if you only had to pick one personal goal, that would be it :hehe: but considering that goal is not very applicable to me at my current location, i look for more achievable goals like spending 4 weeks to learn table tennis or going to the gym regularly or visiting places on the weekends...
1). Stop giving excuses. People in MIT get laid(I swear..I know some), Gaytech isn't that bad...you just need to lower your standards, swallow some pride and hit the frats. 2). For a change, learn a real sport. Table tennis doesn't even count as a sport at my university..it comes under recreation. :hehe: Try tennis or basky...and if thats too hard, go for the desi fav-> racquetball. Every desi I know in US and his uncle plays it.

1). Stop giving excuses. People in MIT get laid(I swear..I know some), Gaytech isn't that bad...you just need to lower your standards and hit the frats. 2). For a change, learn a real sport. Table tennis doesn't even count as a sport at my university..it comes under recreation. :hehe:
1. it was an exaggeration :whack: 2. i already play bball, football, cricket, and tennis. edit: racquetball is next on my list :cool: