Jamiat passes resolution against cinema, TV, AIDS control

seedhi

Imposing a fatwa on Vande Mataram was not the only resolution adopted by the Jamiat-e-ulema Hind in the its meeting which the Home minister Chidambaram attended. It also included the following:

..people should be urged to avoid watching cinema, television and other moral killing things. Solution being propagated to prevent Aids is itself the root cause of sexual anarchy. In this connection, application of Islamic teaching is the best solution.
and regarding women:
..33% reservation for women is uncalled for. If this bill is passed in its present form, it will further diminish the presence of minorities, especially Muslims, and Dalits. It will benefit only the affluent, will augment inequalities and fail to serve its purpose. Such a desperate attempt to bring women into the mainstream will create various other social problems issues including their security.
Other parts include condemnation of Israel and USA and criticism of the Delhi High Court judgment decriminalizing homosexuality. Full text http://www.jamiatulama.org/resolution/Resolutions_english.pdf The question is whether the Home Minister should have given legitimacy by his presence to what seems in part to be a rather retrograde agenda.

WTF is this crap??This is just the beginning. Soon they would want to put a fatwa on going out of the house. Just read that Roland emmirich (Independence day, Day after tomorrow), destroyed Vatican city and the Jesus statue in Brazil, wanted to but decided not to destroy the kaba due to fear on being issued a fatwa on his life. The entire world is sort of living in fear. End this crap and dont listen to religious lunatics be it Islam, Hindu or Scientology.

BTW if u dont know many churches also believe that TV is haram .. Movies are evil etc etc & yes during sunday mass they do tell people to stay away from these things but it doesnt happen in every church and it does not mean watching TV is illegal. So it doesnt mean shyt. if i dont wanna watch TV cuz Imam saab said so then its my choice .. & as an Imaam I'll say whatever I think is right to say. So whats the big deal ?

Its an opinion ! some people think its haram to eat pork and some think its paap to eat beef. It doesnt mean anything unless others are forced into following it.
I agree with Desi, its their religion they have a right to say what ever they want as long as its neither directly nor indirectly affecting me. Frankly, I think this news has been blown out of proportions.

BTW if u dont know many churches also believe that TV is haram .. Movies are evil etc etc & yes during sunday mass they do tell people to stay away from these things but it doesnt happen in every church and it does not mean watching TV is illegal. So it doesnt mean shyt. if i dont wanna watch TV cuz Imam saab said so then its my choice .. & as an Imaam I'll say whatever I think is right to say. So whats the big deal ?
Everyone can have an opinion. But the Home Minister, I think, has no business attending such a meeting and lending credibility to the lunatic resolutions that were passed. In fact, he has not yet explicitly condemned these resolutions that were adopted. He claims he was not aware, which is rather unbelievable since the text of the resolutions were on the Jamiat's website for everyone to see, given that he is the HM he should have known about it.

Everyone can have an opinion. But the Home Minister, I think, has no business attending such a meeting and lending credibility to the lunatic resolutions that were passed. In fact, he has not yet explicitly condemned these resolutions that were adopted. He claims he was not aware, which is rather unbelievable since the text of the resolutions were on the Jamiat's website for everyone to see, given that he is the HM he should have known about it.
not surprising at all...they'll lick their feet for votes if needed.... the fact that the Parliament bomber & 26/11 terrorist is still alive 'coz killing them would upset 'certain' community in India...according to the govt

I dont see many people complain when pope visits the US or when the christian heads say the same thing? from what I know Pope/catholic church has pretty similar views on these topics .

I dont see many people complain when pope visits the US or when the christian heads say the same thing? from what I know Pope/catholic church has pretty similar views on these topics .
Does the Home Minister of India attend meetings where the Pope passes a resolution against Vande Mataram, AIDS control and women's empowerment? It is one thing to meet with the Pope and another to be party to an event which explicitly propagates such rhetoric.

Does the Home Minister of India attend meetings where the Pope passes a resolution against Vande Mataram, AIDS control and women's empowerment? It is one thing to meet with the Pope and another to be party to an event which explicitly propagates such rhetoric.
That I think he honestly messed up. He/ his office should have read the agenda. To me all other issues dont mean much but I think below one seems interesting
(17) Resolution against American aggression in Afghanistan This general session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind strongly condemns the terror launched by the United States of America and other powers in Afghanistan in the name of crushing ‘terrorism’ Their presence in Afghanistan is against the international laws. Their unlawful presence and action there has greatly disturbed the sovereignty of countries like Iran and Pakistan. Their desire to have a control on the natural wealth and resources has totally destroyed the economy and education of the country and the future of the people is in darkness.
As an organization they can pass whatever resolution they want but the govt / office of HM should have been careful but they werent else I dont think he would have attended this. BTW my point was that its pretty common for religious organizations to call for stupid resolutions & it happens in every religion. Its also pretty common for leaders of a country to meet leaders of these religious organizations but leaders usually maintain a distance and dont attend these meetings.

Sikh institutions and Vande Mataram Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee or SGPC, the paramount representative body in the Sikh Panth, requested the Sikhs to not sing "Vande Mataram" in the schools and institutions on its centenary on Sept 7, 2006. SGPC head, Avtar Singh Makkar, expressed concern that "imposing a song that reflected just one religion was bound to hurt the sentiments of the Muslims, Sikhs, Christians and other religious minorities. The DSGMC (Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee) has called singing of "Vande Mataram" against Sikh tenents as the Sikhs sought "sarbat da bhala" (universal welfare) and did not believe in "devi and devta". DSGMC head H. S. Sarna also added that the song "Vande Mataram" had been rejected long by well known freedom fighter Sikhs like Baba Kharak Singh and Master Tara Singh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vande_Mataram

Sikh institutions and Vande Mataram Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee or SGPC, the paramount representative body in the Sikh Panth, requested the Sikhs to not sing "Vande Mataram" in the schools and institutions on its centenary on Sept 7, 2006. SGPC head, Avtar Singh Makkar, expressed concern that "imposing a song that reflected just one religion was bound to hurt the sentiments of the Muslims, Sikhs, Christians and other religious minorities. The DSGMC (Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee) has called singing of "Vande Mataram" against Sikh tenents as the Sikhs sought "sarbat da bhala" (universal welfare) and did not believe in "devi and devta". DSGMC head H. S. Sarna also added that the song "Vande Mataram" had been rejected long by well known freedom fighter Sikhs like Baba Kharak Singh and Master Tara Singh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vande_Mataram
:WTF: SGPC seems to express it just to not be left out. Did they even go through the revised version before protesting. :dontknow:

I agree. I even know Hindu Pundits who consider watching movies a great sin. They can advise whatever they want as long it is not immoral or anti-social and as long as they are not literally forcing it on people.

And your point being? Was the Home Minister of India present at the meeting when SGPC passed the resolution? Let me repeat - my point is primarily against the presence of the Home Minister at a meeting where illogical fatwas have been adopted, and the fact that he did not make his position clear on the fatwas.