Playing Jadeja again is going to bite us in the ass

Well, for a change, he did make some decent runs. Maybe playing alongside Sachin gave him the confidence and belief in his batting abilities. We should not give up on him this soon. His bowling is deceptively good, his fielding excellent and his batting potential uncovered. But one has to say, this no.7 spot is turning out to be quite an Achilles heel for us. I can think more than a handful games in the recent past where we’ve had to chase some pretty big targets and fell short because of zero contributions from the no.7 As Shwetabh said, a genuine case can be made for having Irfan back in the team. But I still think no.7 is too high for him. He should bat at no.7, right after whoever the bowling ‘all-rounder’ is.

relax guys ' date=' our bowling was fine till todays game ..ristricting Aus for 236 , 250 and 290 is not easy ...problem is both our batting and bowing havent been clicking together ..with a bit of luck we could have been leading 5-0 here , thats how close the games we lost in this series have been[/quote'] Yes i agree !!

He's bowled well this series and barely gets a chance to bat coming in so late. Very hard to judge him, today his inexperience cost us. Some of you are being q harsh, not sure what you expect really. I think he's a good one for the future. Irfan should be the no 7, the only genuine all rounder.

He's bowled well this series and barely gets a chance to bat coming in so late. Very hard to judge him, today his inexperience cost us. Some of you are being q harsh, not sure what you expect really. I think he's a good one for the future. Irfan should be the no 7, the only genuine all rounder.
Soooda yaar,,, I really like reading your posts but plzzzz yaaar..stop supporting this guy..He is most crappiest guy to play for India....He just doesnt have it.. Sorry if I sound rude but I dont know what the heck do you see in him..
Soooda yaar' date=',, I really like reading your posts but plzzzz yaaar..stop supporting this guy..He is most crappiest guy to play for India....He just doesnt have it.. Sorry if I sound rude but I dont know what the heck do you see in him..[/quote'] Ravindra-Jadeja1.jpg Whats NOT to like in that sexy beast there. Look at him all toned muscle and..erm.. rubbish hair-do Grrrr.

Our tail starts at number 7? What kinda of a moron selects such a team. Slogging a few balls out of the ground now and then doesnt make them dependable in pressure situations. Srinath and kumble are better than Bhajji, but they were #9 and #10 batsmen. I've been on Dhoni's case about his 5 bowlers theory for a long time. Its just hearbreaking to see someone get half the runs in a humongous chase when all but 1 in the top/middle order fail. Even then a little help from #7 and #8 would have sealed the game.

Main thing that made me want to kill these tailenders was running between the wickets and the chaos they create even when they play with an established batsman. There is a lesson in it. If you want to win a match with this team make sure you don't lose more than 6 wickets. If you do you could lose the match even when the required runs are mere 10. I don't think these guys have the temperament of Zaheer khan with bat.

Unless Irfan replaces one of the other 4 bowlers, its gonna be the same. If he is not good enough to play 10 overs, then he is not a batsman and cannot be trusted a spot as an allrounder. What we lack is team balance. This is something that Dhoni has always been poor at. Jadeja bowled 5 overs today. WTF is he in the side for if he is not even good enough to bowl out his 10? Raina, Yuvi and Sehwag can bowl 10 overs and a few more if they bowl well. You dont need another half bowler to bowl 5.

His team selection is based on factors that are beyond our comprehension. Remember his T20 selection for the dead rubber game against South Africa. He retained the much criticized team to prove a point. He did those things even when he captained CSK. Joginder bowled one fluke over at the death in T20 final. That's it. He became Dhoni's preferred death bowler. He is definitely a confident guy and he backs his instincts. At times he just loses it.

Depends on the person you're trying it on. Some people respond positively when they're dropped in the deep end and asked to swim' date=' while others prefer the gradual approach. After today, I think Dhoni's experiment will pay off with Jadeja.[/quote'] Yes. He has these crazy gut instincts. Remember how he sent Manoj Tiwary to face Brett Lee infront of 80,000 people the day he landed.

ya why was jadeja just a ******* is i just feel if hes is not a batsman and a part timeer why has no one pute amit mishra he could have spined a ball atelast better than him he costed out matched a what an idiot is he thinking of there is a running race going on in the match cant he have the stupid thinking even a person in a traffic thinks when it is full of traffic to go slowwly and steadily if he could had stayed india should have won the match B->B->

A wonderful batting pitch and our 3,4,5 contribute a grand total of 23 runs in 38 balls. Thats where we lost it. All the three of them were capable of hitting a 100 on that track. Anyways With SRT back in roraring touch, next is the turn of the Viru and the Yuvi to kill the Aus attack in one match each. We will still win it 4-3. BTW we lost the 1st match by 2 runs and came back to win the next 2 ODIs. Same is gona happen again. Go India go.

A wonderful batting pitch and our 3' date=4,5 contribute a grand total of 23 runs in 38 balls. Thats where we lost it. All the three of them were capable of hitting a 100 on that track. Anyways With SRT back in roraring touch, next is the turn of the Viru and the Yuvi to kill the Aus attack in one match each. We will still win it 4-3. BTW we lost the 1st match by 2 runs and came back to win the next 2 ODIs. Same is gona happen again. Go India go.
I won't be harsh on them. It happens. In the first match only Gambhir clicked along with Bhajji and Praveen. Second match Gambhir,Dhoni and Raina clicked. Third match Dhoni and Yuvi clicked. 4th match Everyone failed 5th match Sachin and Raina clicked. That is how it is going to be. Whoever gets in has to make the most of it.