Your favourite Tendulkar innings

Sachinism

My personal favourite was vs Pakistan 03 WC Every shot in that innings was just :yikes: :yay: Even the commentators were close to orgasms trying to describe the shots. Even if you look past the hype and all the talk before the match, just the shots played that day and the way the innings was put together was as good as it gets

My personal favourite was vs Pakistan 03 WC Every shot in that innings was just :yikes: :yay: Even the commentators were close to orgasms trying to describe the shots. Even if you look past the hype and all the talk before the match, just the shots played that day and the way the innings was put together was as good as it gets
Not only commentators, later even Wasim Akram wrote how he was himself amazed by the shots Sachin was playing and how the collective experience and expertise of himself, Waqar and Shoaib fell miserably short. He had written something like "For every strategy we tried, he had a reply. For every delivery we bowled, he had a shot." That was a truly great innings. Finished many illustrated careers, delivered a seriously damaging punch on the false ego of a nation. Of course the twin innings from Sarjah against the Aussies are also no less majestic. Especially when he went out on a rampage after the sand storm. But one innings in which he displayed some great batting on a square turning wicket (along with the under rated Sidhu) was in the in famous 1996 WC match against Lanka. Once he got out, the rest fell like a pack of cards.

This is my favourite Sachin-special match. I saw this match in ideal conditions. It was summer holidays for me so i slept well till 9 in the morning. then I went down and played some cricket (net practice for the fans to gain confidence). Then we had a lot of people at home so there was a lot of hungama throughtout in the house. I call this match as, 'biriyani match' becoz it was solid and satisfied all that i expect from a delicious dish - like the biriyani of course. 4079811947_643f87e8fa_b.jpg Sachin and Sidhu played well. Ata ur Rahman got thrashed in the last over by azhar, that was amazing. I think it was in this match sidhu threatened Aamir Sohail :party: link http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/65757.html Sidhu threatening Sohail zDlTY4Syimw so basically all the fetishes of a young indian fan have been satisfied in this biriyani match...sachin 100, sohail getting pwned. lol

My favourite Tendulkar ODI innings was an 82 off 49 balls scored by him as a 21 y.o. kid. I myself was just 13 and I remember watching it early in the morning with my dad. That began the love affair with Tendulkar. After that there have been numerous innings which have given me great joy. But this one started it all. Don't ask me to pick a test innings, it is too difficult.

My favourite Tendulkar ODI innings was an 82 off 49 balls scored by him as a 21 y.o. kid. I myself was just 13 and I remember watching it early in the morning with my dad. That began the love affair with Tendulkar. After that there have been numerous innings which have given me great joy. But this one started it all. Don't ask me to pick a test innings, it is too difficult.
Ok so you are 28 years old... you are 3 years older to me lol. Based on ur posts, I thought u wud be 21 or smthg.
Ok so you are 28 years old... you are 3 years older to me lol. Based on ur posts' date= I thought u wud be 21 or smthg.
Whaa?? You mean I am not contributing thoughtful and meaningful posts aimed at enhancing the quality of ICF??
Ok so you are 28 years old... you are 3 years older to me lol. Based on ur posts' date=' I thought u wud be 21 or smthg.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Whaa?? You mean I am not contributing thoughtful and meaningful posts aimed at enhancing the quality of ICF??
Sort it out G, can you please contribute something meaningful (I better leave before Temujin has a go at me)

I am presuming we are talking about ODIs here...because imho none of the ODI innings compare to some of his best test innings. One of the innings I really loved was his 40+(30 odd) deliveries against SA 1997 triseries final. India had been outplayed through the entire series but the final was completely different. The way he hit Pollock and Donald inspired India so much that even Dravid ended up hitting a six off Donald. Sadly SRT was out in the most unusual fashion caught at short-fine leg, and the Indian lower order just made a mockery of themselves as usual.

His 100 against Zimbabwe during the 1996 series at Benoni in SA to take India through to the finals was a breathtaking innings..we had to score 240 in 40 overs and he single-handedly ensured that we qualified..the zimbabwe bowling attack was no walk in the park that time..i still remember that innings :)