India Test Squad Announced (Sri Lanka 2009)

champ

we need to go by the form and attitude of players .. just having talent and not realising it , u dont deserve a chance .. case is with rohit .. he has not even performed in ranji .. badri has been a superb performer in the domestic tournament .. he deserves chance .. although they will be playd or not is a different thing..
i have nothing against Badri,but hes 29. at best he be a stop gap player.didnt Kaif score more runs last year in Domestc cricket n hes also got international experince,so why not him.
Rohit is defintely a better player of short ball.never judge a player on T20 solely. u answered urself there. Raina can get bombarded with short ball easily.there is no restriction in tests. the thing with Raina is hes too aggresive n doesnt like to wait.he can get easily get frustrated in tests. Rohit on the other hand has shown that he can wait like he did in CB series final Raina is a better player of spin-but not much better.theres hardly any difference actually.
you are doing the same thing - judging him by a couple of T20 matches and a wonderful Flintoff spell in a match TBH, not many Indian batsman are good at handling short pitch stuff ( except Dravid and Sachin to an extent) I have not seen Rohit playing short pitched stuff very well Again - you go by his T20 and ODI exploits and being aggressive is not a bad thing, some prime examples are Sehwag and Gilchrist Here, we are playing against Lankans in India - why are we talking about short pitch stuff

Sree has been picked based on what he done for India in the past, he has bowled ok since his return to domestics, and for his county in Eng; but nothing outstanding, certainly nothing that should merit him a test squad spot If Nehra was unfit, then Tyagi or Munaf would have been better options. In any case theyll play 2 spinners Good to see MV and SB there, Dhawan is probably not a long term test probable TK. Certinaly not at this stage, the likes of Vijay and Pujara have better FC averages. Dhawan could be a good ODI player though

you are doing the same thing - judging him by a couple of T20 matches and a wonderful Flintoff spell in a match TBH, not many Indian batsman are good at handling short pitch stuff ( except Dravid and Sachin to an extent) I have not seen Rohit playing short pitched stuff very well
i'm not judging him by those matches only.i have seen him get unsettled by them a lot more times.they havent gotten him out,but they have got him tentative n he falls in next over or so.
Again - you go by his T20 and ODI exploits and being aggressive is not a bad thing, some prime examples are Sehwag and Gilchrist
being aggresive is not a bad thing at all, but gotta have the patience to wait as well.i dont Rain has that yet
Here, we are playing against Lankans in India - why are we talking about short pitch stuff
i'm talking long term. its no good picking him here n seeing him struggle outside subcontinent. i would love to be wrong n see Raina establish himself as test MO player,but if i had to pick one for a test spot,i would pick Rohit atm(n Kohli b4 Rohit)
Sree has been picked based on what he done for India in the past, he has bowled ok since his return to domestics, and for his county in Eng; but nothing outstanding, certainly nothing that should merit him a test squad spot If Nehra was unfit, then Tyagi or Munaf would have been better options. In any case theyll play 2 spinners Good to see MV and SB there, Dhawan is probably not a long term test probable TK. Certinaly not at this stage, the likes of Vijay and Pujara have better FC averages. Dhawan could be a good ODI player though
you are right but see there is no guarantee that vijay and badri will get a test spot anytime soon. even if uv makes 4 zeroes in the 2 test matches he wont lose his spot that easily now. so basically they have been picked so that they will just get the feel of being in the national side . So i was thinking why not pick dhawan in the odi squad
i'm not judging him by those matches only.i have seen him get unsettled by them a lot more times.they havent gotten him out,but they have got him tentative n he falls in next over or so. being aggresive is not a bad thing at all, but gotta have the patience to wait as well.i dont Rain has that yet i'mo play the quicks talking long term. its no good picking him here n seeing him struggle outside subcontinent. i would love to be wrong n see Raina establish himself as test MO player,but if i had to pick one for a test spot,i would pick Rohit atm(n Kohli b4 Rohit)
raina is now always on the backfoot which is not a bad thing as it gives him more time to play the quicks ,but he has to work on his footwork,he should be able to get forward quickly
i'm not judging him by those matches only.i have seen him get unsettled by them a lot more times.they havent gotten him out,but they have got him tentative n he falls in next over or so.
agree, but he has also been the one of the prolific scorers in that Indian lineup, so you cant keep him out of test arena for long, he should be given the chance, whether he succeeds or not is to be seen
i'm talking long term. its no good picking him here n seeing him struggle outside subcontinent. i would love to be wrong n see Raina establish himself as test MO player,but if i had to pick one for a test spot,i would pick Rohit atm(n Kohli b4 Rohit)
Where did Kohli come in from, he certainly doesnt have the temperament yet to play a longish ODI innings, leave alone test matches
i have nothing against Badri' date='but hes 29. at best he be a stop gap player.didnt Kaif score more runs last year in Domestc cricket n hes also got international experince,so why not him.[/quote'] amzing.. he is playing well and scoring well .. still u take age a barrier and keep him out .. once the big three or gone .. these players are the answer for us ..
amzing.. he is playing well and scoring well .. still u take age a barrier and keep him out .. once the big three or gone .. these players are the answer for us ..
he is playing well NOW n hes not even a chance to be in playing XI(barring injury).wen the big 3 retire,which is couple of years away,he'll be 31,at best he can play for 6 more years,so why not groom a youngster so wheen that big 3 r gone the player is ready to serve India for atleast 10 years
agree, but he has also been the one of the prolific scorers in that Indian lineup, so you cant keep him out of test arena for long, he should be given the chance, whether he succeeds or not is to be seen some players r just ODI specalists,Raina is that imo,he should get the chance only if he improves on his short ball problem Where did Kohli come in from, he certainly doesnt have the temperament yet to play a longish ODI innings, leave alone test matches
he certainly can,n i'm wanting him to be in 15,not playing XI
he is playing well NOW n hes not even a chance to be in playing XI(barring injury).wen the big 3 retire' date='which is couple of years away,he'll be 31,at best he can play for 6 more years,so why not groom a youngster so wheen that big 3 r gone the player is ready to serve India for atleast 10 years[/quote'] You cant expect every player to serve the team for 10 years. Age is not a matter. Even if he does well for 2 years I'll take it.