Thackeray Warns Sachin

THX_1138

Bal Thackeray slammed by all Indians for comments on Sachin

New Delhi: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray is under fire for criticising Sachin Tendulkar over his remarks that ‘Mumbai is for all and it belongs to India’. Politicians cutting across party lines on Monday have come out in support of India’s most lovable sporting icon and chided the Sena chief for his uncalled for advice that Sachin should concentrate on cricket and not dabble in politics. Thackeray senior had also advised Sachin not to treat the Marathi Manoos issue as a pitch and hit fours and sixes on it. Shiv Sena won’t tolerate this, Thackeray wrote, adding Sachin should not lose the respect that he has earned over the years, on the political pitch. Although, the Congress has not come out with an official statement on the issue, its leaders are speaking up and supporting Sachin. Union Minister for Corporate & Minority Affairs Salman Khursheed said, “Sachin has bowled Thackeray on this issue, he can cry all he wants now.” Khusheed added rather cheekily, “If you ask me, who I like more between Sachin and Bal Thackeray, I would say Sachin.” Minister for State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor also took to the pitch – albeit in his favourite Tweety avatar in favour of the little master and tweeted quoting his late father Chandran Tharoor, “My father said in 1966 - With Maharashtra4Maharashtrians & Kashmir4Kashmiris, where is India for Indians?" Congress’ Rajiv Shukla, who is also BCCI’s spokesperson, observed that Shiv Sena chief’s comment on Sachin was totally uncalled for. The BJP, meanwhile, is doing all it can to steer clear of the controversy. Senior party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi , when asked to comment on the issue, simply said that he has not yet read the Saamna article. However, their NDA partner JD(U) has been more forthcoming. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said, “Sachin has done no wrong and has nothing to fear. The nation has always been proud of Sachin.” Interestingly, former Bihar CM Lalu Yadav appeared restrained and shied away from making a statement on the issue. He only said, "It is Thackeray's habit to make such remarks....Sachin is a very good man and what he has stated is right". CPI(M) Politburo Member Brinda Karat has also, expectedly, slammed Bal Thackeray for his comments. “Sachin is a citizen of India and has every right to speak and if he believes that Mumbai belongs to India then majority of people in Mumbai also support him. Shiv Sena is isolated on the issue,” she observed. However, despite all the criticism, Shiv Sena is sticking to its guns and standing by their chief’s statement. “Balasaheb has said nothing wrong. We have always said Jai Hind before saying Jai Maharashtra,” senior party leader and Saamna editor Sanjay Raut said. “Balasaheb has been fighting for Marathis for long, everybody should read the full article before commenting,” he added. Interestingly, the MNS and its leader Raj Thackeray have so far not commented on the issue. Sources say they are studying the situation before giving out any statement on the issue.

I was just watching the news and this is becoming even funnier. The other party playing "Marathi Manoos" politics namely MNS has not dared to say anything in support or against as they know their ass will also be screwed if they say something against Sachin. Meanwhile, SS's own ally BJP has supported Sachin over Thackeray. Arun Jaitley just told in a press conference that what Sachin said is absolutely right and no Indian should oppose it. Bal Thackeray is being screwed by everybody now. Maybe he will need to apologize soon in order to save the small number of votes that he has still got :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I Maybe he will need to apologize soon in order to save the small number of votes that he has still got :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
he wont apologise have you ever seen him apologise Even when he crticised marathi people for not bringing him in power he didnt apologise. What make you think he will apologise now.
he wont apologise have you ever seen him apologise Even when he crticised marathi people for not bringing him in power he didnt apologise. What make you think he will apologise now.
ok no need to apologise .. let him just fall to sachin's feet and be a noukar at his house .. he should consider himself lucky to do that .. :hysterical: