Changes for 2nd test?

Sachinism

I think there is no need to change the team as most of our bowlers have "earned" their places, and ishant is a good test bowler, this match is not the base for selection for the next tests, this was a flat track that didnt had much for the seamers So dont change this combination, this has won many matches for team india, have faith in them it ll pay off :D

1. Prepare a better pitch that isn't just a run fest, and stays fast and bouncy for a while, but then does crack on the 4th/5th days. 2. Replace one spinner with Sreesanth. We might as well find out now whether he's able to get the job done and can last 30-40 overs in a test match. 3. The extra overs that the left out spinner would have bowled can be allocated towards Yuvi and more importantly Sehwag who gets good turn if it's there. Between those two they can take up the part of the 2nd spinner as I don't rate Mishra as a real spinning option. 4. Harbhajan needs to man up and bowl better instead of chucking darts.

^^ Looking at previous results at Kanpur' date=' I believe we'll be going in with 2 spinners[/quote'] Yeah I have no problem with two spinners. That's great. What I do have a problem with is the quality of the spinner! On a traditionally flat deck in Kanpur Mishra isn't that much better than Sehwag/Yuvraj. So what I'm proposing is to have Khan/Sree as the attacking bowlers in short spurts, Ishant as the stock bowler because he's much more consistent than Sree and can still use his pace and bounce. Then the spin responsibilities would be on Sehwag/Yuvi/Bhajji. Look at it this way: If we had gone with the above lineup instead of Mishra would the team really have missed his 58 overs with 1 wicket at 200+?

no changes

Look at it this way: If we had gone with the above lineup instead of Mishra would the team really have missed his 58 overs with 1 wicket at 200+?
u cant use hindsight.Bhajji,Murali all struggled to pick up wickets.even Herath's wickets were gifted to him by batsman.a leggie is always a good option to have.only if the pitch is green would i go with 3 pacers,Mishra deserves another chance
no changes u cant use hindsight.Bhajji,Murali all struggled to pick up wickets.even Herath's wickets were gifted to him by batsman.a leggie is always a good option to have.only if the pitch is green would i go with 3 pacers,Mishra deserves another chance
Every team uses hindsight. It's called learning from your mistakes.
Yeah I have no problem with two spinners. That's great. What I do have a problem with is the quality of the spinner! On a traditionally flat deck in Kanpur Mishra isn't that much better than Sehwag/Yuvraj. So what I'm proposing is to have Khan/Sree as the attacking bowlers in short spurts, Ishant as the stock bowler because he's much more consistent than Sree and can still use his pace and bounce. Then the spin responsibilities would be on Sehwag/Yuvi/Bhajji. Look at it this way: If we had gone with the above lineup instead of Mishra would the team really have missed his 58 overs with 1 wicket at 200+?
Yeh true, not such a bad idea. Our #1 spinner is pretty ineffective too. Currently, all he's good for is giving the other bowlers a break
I guess the only changes that need to be made have to be in the bowling department. But I don't see it happen. They'll all play' date=' be given a 2nd chance as the 1st test pitch was horrible for bowlers.[/quote'] umm why would you want to punish the bowlers when even the SL bowlers including murali struggled horribly on this pitch these are the best 4 bowlers we have, and pretty sure dhoni will make no changes
1. Prepare a better pitch that isn't just a run fest, and stays fast and bouncy for a while, but then does crack on the 4th/5th days. 2. Replace one spinner with Sreesanth. We might as well find out now whether he's able to get the job done and can last 30-40 overs in a test match. 3. The extra overs that the left out spinner would have bowled can be allocated towards Yuvi and more importantly Sehwag who gets good turn if it's there. Between those two they can take up the part of the 2nd spinner as I don't rate Mishra as a real spinning option. 4. Harbhajan needs to man up and bowl better instead of chucking darts.
Calling for Sree now are we!! You have been calling him a monkey for 2 years now want him in the team!