India's best chance to pull off a win at Kanpur?

I feel our best chance lies in setting very attacking fields for spinners. There is a bit happening off the pitch, but it remains very slow, so the conventional methods might not work. From yesterday's play it was obvious that surviving on this pitch is not difficult - at least till now. It's playing attacking strokes and trying to score runs quickly which is likely to get you in trouble. Having lot of close in fielders would mean that the batsmen will take some risks playing shots which they otherwise might not to remove them from the close catching positions. It's in those moments that India's best chances are likely to come by.

Agree with the OP, we must ATTACK with our bowlers. What have we gotto lose? Starting from hereon, The worst possible result we can get from this match is a draw and even that will happen only if a couple of Lankan batsmen play outta their skins (which they’re capable of.. ) Even if the pitch is totally unresponsive, we must at least try to create an illusion of pressure. The way our last 6 wickets fell y’day seem to suggest the pitch isn’t the patta its made out to be. Day 3 could be the defining moment of the series.

Agree with the OP' date=' [b']we must ATTACK with our bowlers. What have we gotto lose? Starting from hereon, The worst possible result we can get from this match is a draw and even that will happen only if a couple of Lankan batsmen play outta their skins (which they’re capable of.. ) Even if the pitch is totally unresponsive, we must at least try to create an illusion of pressure. The way our last 6 wickets fell y’day seem to suggest the pitch isn’t the patta its made out to be. Day 3 could be the defining moment of the series.
I liked the way we attacked in the last hour of play today and SL were under a lot of pressure. Anyways we had a couple of umpiring errors again in the hour and a half we bowled. Sree got SL batsmen LBW twice but was not given.
I liked the way we attacked in the last hour of play today and SL were under a lot of pressure. Anyways we had a couple of umpiring errors again in the hour and a half we bowled. Sree got SL batsmen LBW twice but was not given.
We need to keep plugging away tomorrow. We’re only a couple of wickets away from a position of dominance.

The best way is to take all 19 wkts before they make more than India's score. LOL. Jokes apart, The one thing that Sanga missed in T1 was ultra-defensive fields even to the NightOwl Mishra. Mishra needn't have lasted more than 45 minutes on D5. I hope Dhoni doesn't chickenout early like Sanga in Amdabad. Even if they get to 300, there is no need to switch panic buttons as it is still I1.

The best way is to take all 19 wkts before they make more than India's score. LOL. Jokes apart, The one thing that Sanga missed in T1 was ultra-defensive fields even to the NightOwl Mishra. Mishra needn't have lasted more than 45 minutes on D5. I hope Dhoni doesn't chickenout early like Sanga in Amdabad. Even if they get to 300, there is no need to switch panic buttons as it is still I1.
The best way is to force a follow on.. rest everything will be settled. We just need to force a follow on. If cannot enforce a follow on, it will be another draw. We need to keep up the pressure like we did in the last hour yesterday throughout the day today. Let SL make mistakes instead of giving away easy runs and keep a lot of fielders at catching positions.