Congratulations on becoming the No.1 Test Team for the first time

ViruRulez

Congratulations. India did play some excellent cricket this past year and a half. But,with due respect, this doesn`t make you the best team in the world. I`d leave you to think about this logically. Look at the Saffers :P
Agree@.. we need to pawn atleast one of Aus/NZ/SA at their home before others start acknowledging us as major contenders for the top spot (home factor apart)
Agree@.. we need to pawn atleast one of Aus/NZ/SA at their home before others start acknowledging us as major contenders for the top spot (home factor apart)
Wasn't that already accomplished this year? :hmmmm: Against the aussies, compare our record against them in Australia since 2000 and those of the others. Saffers, we just haven't played them enough.
Congratulations. India did play some excellent cricket this past year and a half. But,with due respect, this doesn`t make you the best team in the world. I`d leave you to think about this logically. Look at the Saffers :P
I don't think anyone here has claimed we are the best. Just happy about achieving the #1 rank in test cricket. Its been a good past few years and its kinda deserved
Saffers' date=' we just haven't played them enough.[/quote'] We've played them in 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2008...I would say that's a decent number of series. Let's face it, they are the one team we haven't dominated, all other sides we have had success against these last few years
Wasn't that already accomplished this year? :hmmmm: Against the aussies, compare our record against them in Australia since 2000 and those of the others. Saffers, we just haven't played them enough.
don't think we've pawned anyone overseas yet... 1-0 victories etc are hardly pawning....but agian this is just a matter of time as we build our seam attack..Sreesanth is one piece of the jigsaw puzzle..waiting for 2-3 more (Ishant makes a comeback ?..Tyagi ?..Zaheer?)
We've played them in 2000' date=' 2001, 2004, 2006, 2008...I would say that's a decent number of series. Let's face it, they are the one team we haven't dominated, all other sides we have had success against these last few years[/quote'] I was referring to playing SA in SA, The 2008 series for example was played in India. IIRC, we did not lose each and everyone of those series.
don't think we've pawned anyone overseas yet... 1-0 victories etc are hardly pawning....but agian this is just a matter of time as we build our seam attack..Sreesanth is one piece of the jigsaw puzzle..waiting for 2-3 more (Ishant makes a comeback ?..Tyagi ?..Zaheer?)
The result might be 1-0 but if you think we didn't pwn the kiwis you are from another planet.
Getting to number 1 rankings without winning a series in SL' date='SA & Aus says alot about the ranking system.[/quote']
How many series have SL' date=' SA, and Aus won in India? :hysterical:[/quote'] With that brilliant closing argument from the outsider, defence would like to rest its case. :haha::haha:
Getting to number 1 rankings without winning a series in SL' date='SA & Aus says alot about the ranking system.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical:The jelaously is a beautiful thing to see from our jihadi friends from across the border:hysterical::hysterical: We are ther bigger more powerful neighbour next door in everyting humanly possible. Deal with it and get over the inferiority complex. We are just a superior country , this is the reality paks need to understand and stop burying your heads in the sand about it!