Israel: No longer a "Strong" state

punjabi_khota

Can you justify and defend what Israel do and have done?
How do you justify what your palestinian brothers have done in retaliation? 1994 38 1995 10 1996 59 1997 24 2001 78 2002 141 (includes passover massacre--37 shot n killed while eating dinner) 2003 89 2004 31 2005 10 ^^^ {480} # of jews killed by Hamas alone...this includes, old, children, women, pregnant women 2001 3 2002 35 2003 26 2004 36 2005 11 2006 15 2007 3 2008 1 2009 20 Total 130 ^^^ # of jews killed by Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade (also includes israeli civilians comprised of women, men, children, sick, old)

How do you justify what your palestinian brothers have done in retaliation? 1994 38 1995 10 1996 59 1997 24 2001 78 2002 141 (includes passover massacre--37 shot n killed while eating dinner) 2003 89 2004 31 2005 10 ^^^ {480} # of jews killed by Hamas alone...this includes, old, children, women, pregnant women 2001 3 2002 35 2003 26 2004 36 2005 11 2006 15 2007 3 2008 1 2009 20 Total 130 ^^^ # of jews killed by Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade (also includes israeli civilians comprised of women, men, children, sick, old)
Actually, the amount of bombings Israel does in Palestinian areas is not even comparable to what the Palestinians can do or have done with their pathetic rockets and suicide bombings. If a person has no country to live in and is essentially living in no-man's land and is held under siege by a neighboring country you can't really expect them to behave in a sane manner.

wow.. the ignorance and the support for Israel in this thread is midn boggling.. how anyone with a sane mind could ever defen Israel on this issue?? :dontknow:
Well how can ayone sane defend the terrorists of plaestein. If your family was baing attacked you may react like Israel as well. They need to do what they need to defend them selves with people intent on destroying them. Palestininas need to realise its a war they cannot win and look for peace. But they seem intent on war and destruction of israel

wow.. the ignorance and the support for Israel in this thread is midn boggling.. how anyone with a sane mind could ever defen Israel on this issue??
Entire Arab World versus Israel and its been that way for 60 + odd years now. Have to admire Israel for holding their own, fighting tooth and nail for the one piece of land they call their home. Israel also helps India militiarily, supplied us with UAV's (Kargil) and other defence equipment.

Well how can ayone sane defend the terrorists of plaestein. If your family was baing attacked you may react like Israel as well. They need to do what they need to defend them selves with people intent on destroying them. Palestininas need to realise its a war they cannot win and look for peace. But they seem intent on war and destruction of israel
Though I am neither supporter of Israel nor of Palestine but both sides are wrong to some extent. The hatred brewing between them is too much which is the biggest problem. But more than that both sides resort to violent means. However, if I compare the two sides right now then Israel is more at fault. It is not as if whole of Palestine are terrorists. Palestine has got two parts right now and the West Bank part is peaceful one. But Israel has been making illegal settlements in the West Bank part of Palestine for long and even US and the rest of the world is opposing it. And the Israeli settlers are destroying the properties of the neighboring Palestinians and cursing them. I have seen these even in National Geographic documentary and hence can be quite sure about that. And the most important thing which is wrong on Israel's part is that although countries all over the world are asking Israel to accept a two-state theory but Israel does not accept it. They are going on occupying more and more in the West Bank illegally instead of giving complete freedom to the West Bank. If Israel really wanted the well being of both Israelis and Palestinians then they should have accepted the two-nation theory instead of making settlements in Palestinian territory which is illegal. Both Israel and Palestine needs to understand each other and accept the two nation theory ASAP.
Entire Arab World versus Israel and its been that way for 60 + odd years now. Have to admire Israel for holding their own, fighting tooth and nail for the one piece of land they call their home. Israel also helps India militiarily, supplied us with UAV's (Kargil) and other defence equipment.
Israel is a great ally of India and we all respect them for that. But that does not make their wrong things right. We are doing business with them and buying equipments and thats fine. But overall what Israel is doing is not right. At least they should spare the West Bank which is on the whole peaceful. I have respect for Israel but nowadays their intentions of giving complete freedom to Palestine looks suspicious to me. Meanwhile Palestinians on Gaza also need to understand that peace is the only solution and give up arms completely. Israel should also end the bombing and violence towards Palestine and both parties should live peacefully. Make love not war. :icflove:

These are the types one would reason with ? To think, people defend these despicable s c u m bags and justify their atrocities as "resistance"
But that doesn't answer my original question
as to whether they are to be reasoned with- I answered that ages ago -yes. They did last year and it was the ceasefire that resulted was stuck to for 6 months. It can be done. In any case its not Hamas but Mahmoud Abbas tha Fatah head and actual Palestinian president that they will be negotiating with As for justifcation. I dont defend theyre killing of Israeli innocents, civvies- im not sure if that can be justified. But Killing the soldiers is fair game. Now how do you justify the blockade on Gaza? The fact that it was continued despite a ceasefire being stuck to last year by Hamas? How about all the ILLEGAL settlements in W Bank - being persisted with despite UN resolutions? How about the many many checkpoints and blocks that make Palestinian life hell? Btw Tex1 I love how your history begins in 1994.

Now how do you justify the blockade on Gaza? Keep the suicide bombers out. Bring about a change in government How about all the ILLEGAL settlements in W Bank - being persisted with despite UN resolutions? How about the many many checkpoints and blocks that make Palestinian life hell? That part of the occupied territory has become so Israeli, has so many jews living in it that it simply has to be annexed into the state of Israel. The Israeli government has pursued agressive settlement building as a state policy since the 1967 6 day war. If they couldn't remove settlers on the outposts, what hope do they have of removing those deep inside the West Bank ? Are they going to dismantle all the infastructure - houses, roads, hospitals etc - to make way for a Palestinian state ? I don't think so.

How about all the ILLEGAL settlements in W Bank - being persisted with despite UN resolutions? How about the many many checkpoints and blocks that make Palestinian life hell? That part of the occupied territory has become so Israeli, has so many jews living in it that it simply has to be annexed into the state of Israel. The Israeli government has pursued agressive settlement building as a state policy since the 1967 6 day war. If they couldn't remove settlers on the outposts, what hope do they have of removing those deep inside the West Bank ? Are they going to dismantle all the infastructure - houses, roads, hospitals etc - to make way for a Palestinian state ? I don't think so
Sorry sree but it seems you do not have any proper idea of the geographical details of the region. West Bank is not under Israeli possession and it is the Palestinian part and has to be given independence. Even if you count population density for any justification then also Israel's population density is around 338 person per sq. km while in Palestinian territories, it is nearly 668 persona per sq. km . So, it is not as if Israelis dont have enough space to live compared to Palestinian territories but they are ILLEGALLY building settlements in the West Bank. West Bank is not doing anything against Israel but still Israel is continuing its illegal settlements in West Bank. That itself points fingers of suspicion towards Israel's willingness to give justice to people. I am not against Israel or for Palestine or any other country but it is evident that Israel does not seem to be interested in justice. Israel should be there for sure IMO but Palestine should also be there. And Israel's activities in that region are very suspicious for a responsible nation. And I dont think the existing settlements have to be dismantled but all new settlements should be stopped once and for all. Dont think it from Israel or Palestine's point of view but just think over it from an unbiased point of view and you will understand what is right and wrong. Hamas is wrong and terrorists etc. are wrong but what Israel is doing is more wrong especially on the West Bank where there are no terrorists or violence etc. I personally would have liked Israel and Palestine to live as one nation and as brothers and sisters but there is too much hatred brewing between them and hence, it does not seem to be possible at all. Two nation solution (Israel adn Palestine) or three nation solution (Israel, West Bank and Gaza) seems to be the only possible solution right now.

That is why I am saying I really doubt Israel's intentions of providing justice and equality to Palestinians. Israel has given 100 excuses for building those ILLEGAL settlements citing natural growth etc. If the map you have shown is correct then yes Israel might need to remove some of its outposts and settlements or the two nation theory might not be practicable. If the Palestinians have been sent out of their homes and lands by the Israelis and illegal settlements built then I think some of the ILLEGAL settlements and outposts can be removed too if needed for a peaceful solution if Israel is genuinely interested in doing justice. You yourself showed the facts and the growing illegal settlements and hence, you can judge for yourself what is wrong and right if you remain unbiased. As I have given you stats about the population density too so it is clear that it is not as if Israel is facing an unlivable population density for which it is forced to build the settlements. It seems greed rather than justified reasons for which they are building these natural or unnatural but anyways ILLEGAL settlements. Israel has a population density less than even India even after being such a small and that too an occupied country and hence there seems no viable reasons for the settlements. I am not saying that Palestine is not wrong to some extent but it is obvious that Israel is a lot more at fault. The intentions of the Israeli govt. seems suspicious to me. I have respect for Israel for their defense and their defense deals with India but I wont be blinded with the facts and their illegal things. Just think unbiased and then you will realize the facts better. :hatsoff: