Sreesanth's comeback story inspires Irfan Pathan

Feed

man if Irfan is going to use Sree as his inspiration, I feel sorry for him. Sree is just lucky to be back after all the mess he created for himself. If Ishant had continued to perform, Sree would still be looking for weddings to attend and parties to crash.

man if Irfan is going to use Sree as his inspiration' date=' I feel sorry for him. Sree is just lucky to be back after all the mess he created for himself. If Ishant had continued to perform, Sree would still be looking for weddings to attend and parties to crash.[/quote'] He was out for 18 months man...and then to take six wickets on flat pitch after such a long break was brilliant, no luck involved. Why does it bother you that he crashes parties by the way?
He was out for 18 months man...and then to take six wickets on flat pitch after such a long break was brilliant' date=' no luck involved. Why does it bother you that he crashes parties by the way?[/quote'] nah, don't get me wrong, I am glad he is back and did well, etc. i am talking about using his comeback story as an inspiration....may be the end is an inspiration, but the path Sree took to come back other than play in the County wasn't necessarily something that seemed to be well thought out. the guy practically was being threatened of a life-time ban before he got a chance to resurrect his career.

Sreesanth has admitted that he never thought he would play for India again. He ended up winning the man of the match. It is quiet a story. Irfan is his punjab kings XI team mate. In the first IPL , Irfan was often to be encouraging Sree after every over. So nothing wrong in drawing some inspiration. But where exactly the difference will be is Sreesanth is clearly a better Test match bowler than Irfan. So Irfan has to get upto that level to get back in the side.

Sreesanth return inspires Irfan . Indian fast bowler Irfan Pathan says he has been inspired by Sreesanth's spectacular return to the international fold and is optimistic about making his way back into the Indian team by performing in domestic cricket. "Sreesanth has made an excellent comeback," Irfan told PTI ahead of Baroda's next game in the Ranji Trophy Super League. "He was doing well in domestic matches earlier and after returning to the India team, he put up an performance which is quite inspirational. I want to make a comeback like him. "I met him before a Ranji match, I am impressed with his body language also. This kind of comeback strengthens the believe that you can also do it in same manner by improving your performance." Returning after a gap of 19 months, Sreesanth was named Man of the Match in the second Test against Sri Lanka in Kanpur, having managed an impressive showing with the ball and helping India take a 1-0 series lead. His five-wicket haul in the first innings forced Sri Lanka to follow-on, setting up the innings-and-144-run win. Irfan said every domestic match has become of immense importance to him. "Every cricketer has to improve to cement his place in the national team. I am trying to give my best in every domestic match and hope it will get the attention of selectors." He was downgraded from Grade B to Grade C in BCCI's central contracts list released last week and last played a Test against South Africa in Ahmedabad in April last year, while his last ODI appearance came against Sri Lanka when India toured earlier this year. He said he had put his injury worries behind him and was in good nick with the bat as well. "I am totally fit now and bowling long spells," Irfan said. "I have also cracked a half-century recently. It would be better had I been in the India team in this series but it's nice to see India claiming their 100th Test victory." Irfan predicted a tough match ahead against Group B leaders Karnataka despite home advantage. "It is going to be a very important match for us. They are the group leaders and playing well, but we are also ready to take them on at our home ground." Over the incident in which four Baroda bowlers, including Salim Veragi, Rajesh Pawar and Sankalp Vohra were called for suspect actions, Irfan said, "This is a new system introduced by the BCCI and the umpires are only following the rules. They cannot do much about it."

I wouldn't prefer Sree for ODIs. Sree is a wicket taking bowler meant for tests .He bowls one or two loose deliveries in an over which is OK in tests but not OK for ODI's. ZK' date=' PK and nehra with tyagi and Ishant as backup is good combination for ODIs.[/quote'] I would try Sree instead of PK at least for some games. PK is not a world class bowler and he is not a very good option in the long run. He is ok for now but we cannot depend on him in the long run. He is quite pathetic in the death overs as we know and that might be a big problem in the long run.
oh yeah u r obsessed with comedian nehra .. :haha: these jokers will not take us anywhere . crap attitudes
I am saying about his bowling after his comeback. We have to give chances to whoever is bowling well at the moment.

oh look at the support for sree after he won the match for us .. u are very fickle in the minds during the australian series last month , when i said sree will be back for srilankan series .. u guys were all over the thread saying .. no way .. its impossible and all .. now look how ur perception has changed after 1 match .. same way irfan will be back to change ur fickle minds ..

lol one good game n everybody is hailing Sree as our saviour.Sree was never a reliable ODI bowler.as somebody said,he'll always bowl one boundary bowl every over.we should have Sree,Ishant n Zak for tests.Sree is not needed for ODIs but hes a must in every test squad OTOH,Irfan is a crap test bowler but a decent ODI bowler,better than Sree.hes defintely the best allrounder we got wen in form.PK,Irfan n Zak should form our pace attack in ODIs.i feel weshould give ample opportunities to Irfan in ODIs coz he can be integral part in our WC team