Can Yuvi succeed in tests if he starts playing "carefree" like Sehwag ?

patriot

1) yuvraj has similar hand eye co-ordination to sehwag but doesn't quite pick the length as quickly as sehwag does. 2) yuvraj bats lower down and has to deal with the tail more often than sehwag. 3) yuvraj only has the 'on'button, hates to leave/defend the ball, has to feel at everything = more edges. so no yuvraj cannot succeed at test level.

yuvraaj will come good .. u dont have to bring him down him for one failure .. he comes at 5 or 6 and rarely can get a 100 .. forgot the match saving inning he played in first test when others failed .. if a batsmen can rescue teams from those positions he is invaluable to the team ..

Well he cannot be himself because he will be lashed by the test pundits for giving away his wicket easily. I know he has not started his career like he did in ODIs but we need to give him some time to come to terms. Don't expect him to finish with an average in 50s but he is capable of mainting mid 40s average which is not so bad as we did carry Dada who averaged in 40s. He already has shown that he can play under pressure (2 100s vs pak when others failed, 169 vs pak when we were 69/4, chennai chase, a'bad rescue act). Though I definitely demand more off him for our road games.

Yuvraj cannot pick the speed also. He often gets out to slower balls by playing too soon and coming hard. His first and foremost requirement is to improve defense both against pace and spin.
What then makes him arguably the premier ODI batter in the world ? He has succeeded superbly against Murali by attacking him in the last 3 ODI series. Needless to say he is as savage as any batsmen on the planet against quicks.
What then makes him arguably the premier ODI batter in the world ? He has succeeded superbly against Murali by attacking him in the last 3 ODI series. Needless to say he is as savage as any batsmen on the planet against quicks.
you misunderstood the meaning of slower ones. Slower ones mean change of speed. He has got out to such deliveries numerous times. He has some obvious weaknesses like this alongwith supreme strengths. At test level fielding will be more attacking. So he cannot play attacking cricket on all surfaces. On a slowish stop and start pitches that could prove disaster. Sehwag has a knack of adjusting to the pace of the pitch and still maintain his stroke play.
How can one batsman bat like another batsman is beyond me.
Very valid question. Each batsman has to choose the approach that is comfortable to him. And in Test cricket there are no hard and fast rules anyway for your approach. I have seen Dravid making 12 in 96 balls and also 91 in 120 balls. Depending on the situation batsmen have to play. That is what Test cricket all about.
Very valid question. Each batsman has to choose the approach that is comfortable to him. And in Test cricket there are no hard and fast rules anyway for your approach. I have seen Dravid making 12 in 96 balls and also 91 in 120 balls. Depending on the situation batsmen have to play. That is what Test cricket all about.
oh yeah tell that to sehwag .. :giggle: