Indians take themselves and their country a lot more seriously than Pakistanis do.

Lurker

Ever since it's creation Pakistan has been trying to spin the myth of a unified Muslim world and project itself as it's leader and have been decimated at every step they have taken. Arab nations don't give a hoot about them and are closer to India. Iran is another country which has constantly stymied them, now going to the extent of developing nuclear capabilities to fart in the face of the Muslim bomb. Of course, Bangladesh was the pinnacle of all this. The only Muslim regime which gave them the respect they have been craving for in the name of Islam was the Taliban ruled Afghanistan. Even the much hyped OIC has died out for all intents and purposes.

Another reason simply could be that Pakistan as a nation itself has no history before 1947. There is nothing they can relate to' date= to give them pride as a nation other than maybe a cricket world cup and a stolen nuclear bomb. So they cling to religion and consider themselves as erstwhile rulers of India (calling themselves descendents of Mughals). :hehe:
There is everything they can relate to, if they chose to that is. The problem with creating a nation based on religion was that it essentially rendered it as a nation of Muslims. So the history for Pakistanis are either Mughal dominated or goes back to Arabia. It is fascinatingly strange that no Pakistani looks at undivided India as its history. I suspect there would not be any Pakistani who has pride in Buddhist achievements even though many ancient schools etc(Gandhara) are in modern Pakistan. And heaven forbid if they saught pride in a Hindu King's reign. What makes it even more weird is these folks then in turn suggest that Indians are against them cos Mughals ruled India! WTF. I doubt there are many Hindus, specially liberals, who really have a go at Pakistan because of Mughal(or Muslim) rule in India. xxx

Speaking for myself, yes, I put my religion before my country. Why? Wasn’t the creation of Pakistan based on religion? Don’t get me wrong, it hurts me every bit to see the current state of Pakistan, but IMO its all due to our turning away from our religion. I know it sounds such a cliché, but the Islam being portrayed by these radical mullahs, or suicide bomber, is not the Islam that I have grown up with. I don’t want Pakistan to become another Turkey. If we the Pakistanis cannot protect our religion in our homeland then we don’t deserve this land anymore!

Why follow a religion which needs protection?? I always believed that religion should have given us protection. Which it doesn't thats why its hard to rely on it. Who are you saving your religion from? All are muslim there?? Save the country and rest will fall in place. You guys have to give up this falls pride of we are saving Islam and all. Is Islam so small that few terrorist and extremist can take away from you? If so then why even bother. If not, then keep the religion in your heart and use your brain... peace.....

Why follow a religion which needs protection?? I always believed that religion should have given us protection. Which it doesn't thats why its hard to rely on it. Who are you saving your religion from? All are muslim there?? Save the country and rest will fall in place. You guys have to give up this falls pride of we are saving Islam and all. Is Islam so small that few terrorist and extremist can take away from you? If so then why even bother. If not, then keep the religion in your heart and use your brain... peace.....
Completely agree. I have always wondered why Religion, or religious values, needs to be protected. The cornerstone of any Religion has to be a Supreme power, God(or Gods) who is responsible for creation for everyone and everything. How exactly does one "defend" such a force is beyond me. And if there is a "God" that is not capable of defending itself isnt it only fair to let "it" die down a natural death? xxx

Why has the awful OP been edited without showing its been edited. Why have the repiles which tore Lurkers awful original OP about gujurat been deleted. Lurker messed up in the thread and the Mods or powers to be have rushed in to protect their favourite by editing and deleting. SAD!
Huh? What the hell are you talking about? I even checked the admin logs and no one modified anything on this thread except suma and sarchasm editing their own posts. Zyaada pee li hai kya?:giggle:

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? I even checked the admin logs and no one modified anything on this thread except suma and sarchasm editing their own posts. Zyaada pee li hai kya?:giggle:
What a lie! In the original OP he waffled on about gujurat etc etc. Now that OP and the replies slamming the ridiculous lurker have now mysteriously gone missing!

What a lie! In the original OP he waffled on about gujurat etc etc. Now that OP and the replies slamming the ridiculous lurker have now mysteriously gone missing!
I think you are not only a total moron, which is why I absolutely ignore your post, but also have problems comprehending the fact that there can be multiple threads. The one you are probably talking about is http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=195163 Now sit in the corner and yap about some other conspiracy theory :giggle:

There is everything they can relate to, if they chose to that is. The problem with creating a nation based on religion was that it essentially rendered it as a nation of Muslims. So the history for Pakistanis are either Mughal dominated or goes back to Arabia. It is fascinatingly strange that no Pakistani looks at undivided India as its history. I suspect there would not be any Pakistani who has pride in Buddhist achievements even though many ancient schools etc(Gandhara) are in modern Pakistan. And heaven forbid if they saught pride in a Hindu King's reign. What makes it even more weird is these folks then in turn suggest that Indians are against them cos Mughals ruled India! WTF. I doubt there are many Hindus, specially liberals, who really have a go at Pakistan because of Mughal(or Muslim) rule in India. xxx
Yup. What I meant was that due to the fact their history books are written in way to totally distance themselves away from anything Indian, there's isnt much else left to be proud of.

On, the topic would we have been different if India had not adopted a secular constitution but would have become a Hindu nation? Would we have been forced to identify with all things Hindu just to preserve our uniqueness and identity? At the moment, most Hindus don't give a damn about having been ruled by the Mughals, specifically the ones which were tolerant. Would we have been forced to rewrite our history books just so that we could have avoided reading the part of Muslims having ruled over us?

On' date= the topic would we have been different if India had not adopted a secular constitution but would have become a Hindu nation? Would we have been forced to identify with all things Hindu just to preserve our uniqueness and identity? At the moment, most Hindus don't give a damn about having been ruled by the Mughals, specifically the ones which were tolerant. Would we have been forced to rewrite our history books just so that we could have avoided reading the part of Muslims having ruled over us?
Yes things would have been different. The victim mentality is not only Pakistani trait, humans in general have that. And it is not difficult to see how many Hindus would have exploited the whole 1000 years of Muslim rules yada yada. Heck even after 60 years of Secular India we see that trait. The secular nature did not only allow a melting pot sort of assimilation but also freed Indians, specially Hindus, from any old mental angst against Muslims. xxx

Lurker' date=' Shwetabh, why do [b']Pakistani's interpret criticism of their country as attacks on Islam ?
Most Pakistanis dont really(unless of course the criticism comes from an Indian). Pakistanis in general get ticked off lot more if unpleasant questions are raised about Islam than about Pakistan. They must be the only citizens in the world who seem to have more worry about Palestine than whats happening in their own backywards.