After Anwar, Its Dilshan.. Bravo

zubinpepsi

Seems like it worked. Now you understand it disturbs you when people post stupid stuff about great players. :winky:
And I ask this with a straight face - what makes Anwar a great player? By Pakistani standards, he maybe one - but can you tell me, why he is a great player - either in ODIs or Tests, your pick.
And I ask this with a straight face - what makes Anwar a great player? By Pakistani standards' date=' he maybe one - but can you tell me, why he is a great player - either in ODIs or Tests, your pick.[/quote'] or even T20s? consider any 20 overs of his career which were aasum. :dontknow:

hmm your dravid,sachin,yuvraj,dhoni and sehwag they all couldnt beat a record made by a ftb, minnow basher and he made that record in 1998 and its almost 2010 so thast 12 years and still none of them couldnt even break that record till this day.. and best of all he made that record against india :cantstop::cantstop:

hmm your dravid' date='sachin,yuvraj,dhoni and sehwag they all couldnt beat a record made by a ftb, minnow basher and he made that record in 1998 and its almost 2010 so thast 12 years and still none of them couldnt even break that record till this day.. and best of all he made that record against india :cantstop::cantstop:[/quote'] It's like asking a rich man if he has a bicycle. We have so many records that it does not even matter. It may be big for you because it's the only worth while record one of your players held for sometime. FYI Zimbabwe rides that bi-cycle these days. And Charles Coventry is a worthy batsman. If you had a record for sometime, is it necessary to show if off to people trying to look smart? If we started showing off our records, you won't find a place to hide. So don't tell me about records.

Anwar was a good opener worldwide and very good Pakistani opener, Simple is that... I am not sure why people here don’t have a realistic approach rather just humiliating frame of mind... One reason could probably be the fact that Anwar almost every time succeeded against India... 43+ avg as opener against them is I know, not that amazing but not easily digestible for them either. Even though we lost his last appearance game but they probably still didn't forgot his that match inng.

Anwar was a good opener worldwide and very good Pakistani opener, Simple is that... I am not sure why people here don’t have a realistic approach rather just humiliating frame of mind... One reason could probably be the fact that Anwar almost every time succeeded against India... 43+ avg as opener against them is I know, not that amazing but not easily digestible for them either. Even though we lost his last appearance game but they probably still didn't forgot his that match inng.
Woah. No one humiliated him. One of the other posters called him a great player. I generally put folks like Dravid, Tendulkar, Kumble into the 'great' category. I didn't know what aspect of Anwar's batting made him great. He's a very good player in test matches (given present Pakistani openers, he's definitely very good), and a mediocre one in ODIs.