Ricky Ponting out of top ten batsmen for first time since 2002

Gambit

0,5001,7281239,00.jpg Ricky Ponting's sub-par Test against West Indies in Adelaide has seen the Australia captain slide out of the world's top ten batsmen for the first time since 2002. While still regarded by many as the best batsman in the world numbers don’t lie and the most recent figures released by the International Cricket Council have Ponting sitting 12th in the player rankings. It is a drop of three spots and puts Ponting behind the likes of Ross Taylor (ninth) from New Zealand and Virender Sehwag who jumped 14 spots into fifth after his recent 293 against Sri Lanka. More
Yo sulaiman Bond. this thread is not exactly a complementary thread for Punter :hysterical:
But when i read the news, i am amazed by the achievment by Ricky Ponting... I really think that's EXELLENT... I am sure no other batsman have this record... If you see it as negativ thing for punter , it's your point of view...
But when i read the news, i am amazed by the achievment by Ricky Ponting... I really think that's EXELLENT... I am sure no other batsman have this record... If you see it as negativ thing for punter , it's your point of view...
Tendulkar was continuously in the top 10 list for more than 10 years - from 19 Feb 1993 to 12 Dec 2003.
And it's already been pointed out that the achievement you were going so gaga over isn't that unique - many' date=' many batsmen have stayed in the top 10 for longer than 7 years.[/quote'] I did it on purpose so that i can see what u guys think of sachins achievment... Hmmmm that's incredible : We have to debate on wether ponting is a good batsman or not??? hmmmmmm