What do they with these posters? - NSFW

coffee_rules

I remember that magazine cover. It was in news everywhere and there was big controversy over Mamta's stardust cover. India was still in the 20th century and very conservative. There was quite an uproar. Mamta perhaps also said that the photo was taken without her knowledge after seeing the uproar. I was in school at that time. Thanks for bringing back old memories. :--D
Not so much conservative but literate. :winky: You are talking of the time when cable news was not widespread and Internet was in its infancy. Reading was a hugely popular medium back then and Stardust, Cine Blitz and Filmfare were amongst the most widely magazines. So obviously a half naked Mamta Kulkarni raised more than a few eyebrows. These days most folks dont read much so hardly any surprises there but if an actress posed in same kind in a Hindi movie say(whose audience are still intact) you would certainly see some hungama. xxx

Not so much conservative but literate. :winky: You are talking of the time when cable news was not widespread and Internet was in its infancy. Reading was a hugely popular medium back then and Stardust, Cine Blitz and Filmfare were amongst the most widely magazines. So obviously a half naked Mamta Kulkarni raised more than a few eyebrows. These days most folks dont read much so hardly any surprises there but if an actress posed in same kind in a Hindi movie say(whose audience are still intact) you would certainly see some hungama. xxx
yes you are right .. frankly speaking you could say cable was hardly available to common households at that time.. even Ekta-Kapoor's crap saas-bahu serials were not there in 1993 :giggle: .. it was the age of DD.. and internet cafes were hardly there leave apart broadband and home connections etc. ..I dont know of any Indian website even started at 1993 .. there were hardly any US websites leave apart Indian websites ... people were using MS DOS and windows etc. were still not there in 93 I suppose .. and yes India Today, Outlook, Filmfare, Stardust, Cineblitz and Femina were the popular magazines .. Filmfare and Stardust were the most popular Bollywood and celebrity magazines and many of the movie lovers used to read it .. so yes you are right that was the reason it caused an uproar But at the same time, I dont think that would make a lot of difference today.. bikinis and exposure in movies is normal nowadays and people have accepted it as part of changing India .. for example, Rangeela created huge controversy due to Urmila's clothes back in the 90s but Urmila's dress in Rangeela is a lot more modest than mainstream heroines wear nowadays .. so it has changed a lot and I dont think it would create hungama in any medium today (exceptions like Shiv Sena or somewhat religious parties etc. might be there but not as a whole)

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: no he's a modern gentleman in europe!
hey CG and Viru, I work in a pretty conservative old school firm. They would have my job for something like this. Its not about me, I don't mind it one bit.

Not so much conservative but literate. :winky: You are talking of the time when cable news was not widespread and Internet was in its infancy. Reading was a hugely popular medium back then and Stardust, Cine Blitz and Filmfare were amongst the most widely magazines. So obviously a half naked Mamta Kulkarni raised more than a few eyebrows. xxx
I bet she raised more than just eyebrows. :giggle:

Mamta Kulkarni was quite popular as an eye candy in mid to late 90s. She almost had a non-Indian physique in the sense she had thin arms and legs but was filled perfectly every place else. Kind of like Thandie Newton. Both these women are not the best looking or hot by any remote chance but at certain angles they have a weird oomph factor that few women have. Incidentally Mamta Kulkarni made more news for all the wrong reasons than her acting. She was last heard making millions at private dances, including one at Laloo's.
Reminds me of another full figured beauty of early 90s, Divya Bharti. Poor thing died so young.

Reminds me of another full figured beauty of early 90s' date=' Divya Bharti. Poor thing died so young.[/quote'] Then there was Shilpa Shirodkar. Not much to look at, and even worse acting, but still sensual for some reasons. There was this movie Bhrastachaar where she was taken advantage of by Anupam Kher and all of my tapori friends were rooting for Kher :hysterical::hysterical: Speaking of Bhrastachaar it had a few nice songs and Shilpa starred against Nanhe from Hum Log. :hysterical:

Then there was Shilpa Shirodkar. Not much to look at, and even worse acting, but still sensual for some reasons. There was this movie Bhrastachaar where she was taken advantage of by Anupam Kher and all of my tapori friends were rooting for Kher :hysterical::hysterical: Speaking of Bhrastachaar it had a few nice songs and Shilpa starred against Nanhe from Hum Log. :hysterical:
oh yes, Angna ma Baba, dware pe maa, kaise aaye gauri hum taure ghar ma. She looked more a southie actress rather than marathi with those thighs