Australia vs Pakistan in Australia, 2009-10

iHammad

Nothing wrong with them. They are just stupid & incompetent. They should have told Younis Khan that if he doesnt tour Aus' date=' he will not be selected again. Yasir Hamid is Pak best opener and he scored 2 50s in 2 innings in Aus last time but Farhat gets selected because of father in law.[/quote'] Hamid is pants. If he is your best opener then you have serious issues. I still cant forget Butt scored a ton on last tour of aus. He must have some ability. Why has he not kicked on? Hameed, Farhat, Toffe etc etc are just all rubbish. Better of having Afridid open:--D But then afridi is another who wont play for pak:((

I think this Pak outfit will fare reasonably well against the Australians, as Suleiman Benn demonstrated they arent as solid as we give them credit for. But the main difference between WI and Pak , WI dont drop catches,for Pak poor fielding and poor catching not to mention poor batting will certainly outweight any superb bowling performance. Australia will win 2-0 or 1-0.

Someone said Yasir Hasmeed was not good, well actually Yasir Hameed did score every now and then, he gave solid starts and if I recall correctly scored 2 50s against them last time around. The current bunch of openers wouldn't make any country team let alone the national side anywhere else. They are all as useless as each other. If Pakistan hold their catches, they will keep the Australia batting quiet on most occassions, I'd say Pakistan will be able to bowl the Aussies out for 350 or less regularly, but of course that's about 150 too much for the current bunch of useless bat holders. Akmal and Yousuf aside, this has got to be the worst batting line-up any sub-continental team has produced in the history of the game. Even Akmal and Yousuf can only do so much.

Pakistan will once again have to depend on the bowlers. Butt, Farhat, Malik, Faisal, and even to some extent Misbah are just walking wickets. Just bowl short to these guys and they'll get out. Even if we can draw 1 test that would be some achievement, otherwise I expect Aus to win 3-0.

Pakistan will once again have to depend on the bowlers. Butt, Farhat, Malik, Faisal, and even to some extent Misbah are just walking wickets. Just bowl short to these guys and they'll get out. Even if we can draw 1 test that would be some achievement, otherwise I expect Aus to win 3-0.
The bright spot from your team's perspective is that Sydney and Hobart are going to be pretty flat tracks, so even if Pakistan does not win there, they have a reasonable chance of pulling off a draw. I won't give them much chance at Melbourne though.

Pakistan name Waqar Younis bowling, fielding coach KARACHI: Pakistan have appointed former captain and renowned paceman Waqar Younis as a bowling and fielding coach for their tour of Australia "Waqar has agreed to serve as fielding and bowling coach for the tour of Australia after we requested his services for the job," Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) spokesman Nadeem Sarwar said. Pakistan dropped about half a dozen catches in their first Test defeat against New Zealand at Dunedin last month. They also grassed three crucial catches in their series-levelling win at Wellington last week. Pakistan play three Tests, five One-Day Internationals and a Twenty20 international on the tour of Australia, starting December 26 in Melbourne. Waqar, who has settled in Australia and works as a television commentator, left the bowling coach job in 2007 after a dispute with the former PCB leadership. He also blamed then-captain Inzamam-ul-Haq for his ouster. During an illustrious career, Waqar took 373 wickets in 87 Tests and 416 in 262 One-Day Internationals. He also led Pakistan in the 2003 World Cup before retiring the next year. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Pakistan-name-Waqar-Younis-as-bowling-fielding-coach/articleshow/5318889.cms