IPL 2010 - News, Views and Opinion thread.

Dirty_South

hope it happens, Australia is playing such a big part in the succes of IPL, but hmm still haydo, gilly, symonds,warne will be there... But this lalit modi is trying his best to kill cricket, i really think shefield sheil is more important than IPL or any T20 domestic tournamemnt... Shefiled Sheild has really players , it's very competitive... we saw how easely australian dominated champions league...

hope it happens, Australia is playing such a big part in the succes of IPL, but hmm still haydo, gilly, symonds,warne will be there... But this lalit modi is trying his best to kill cricket, i really think shefield sheil is more important than IPL or any T20 domestic tournamemnt... Shefiled Sheild has really players , it's very competitive... we saw how easely australian dominated champions league...
Dream on

This is not good behaviour from Modi. Know your limits Modi' date=' otherwise you will phuck up everything.[/quote'] Maybe but the key here is that Modi is acting in the interest of the teams. The teams spend a lot of money on these players and expect them to show up. Players, as much right as they have, they should uphold their promises. Ricky ponting not playing the 2nd IPL , probably because of his low bid, some players representing their state side instead of IPL etc are not good business practices. If a player has problems with IPL then he shouldn't have taken part in it and wasted money and resources of the franchises. If Aussies wanna play their domestic tournament, fine, let them but they should also quit from IPL. But we all know, Aus domestic teams want a peice of the champions league pie and will not do anything to jeopardize that.

Maybe but the key here is that Modi is acting in the interest of the teams. The teams spend a lot of money on these players and expect them to show up. Players' date=' as much right as they have, they should uphold their promises. [b']Ricky ponting not playing the 2nd IPL , probably because of his low bid, some players representing their state side instead of IPL etc are not good business practices. If a player has problems with IPL then he shouldn't have taken part in it and wasted money and resources of the franchises. If Aussies wanna play their domestic tournament, fine, let them but they should also quit from IPL. But we all know, Aus domestic teams want a peice of the champions league pie and will not do anything to jeopardize that.
I was also pissed off some of the Aus players missing IPL like Pwnting etc. just to take rest. Why did they go for the IPL auctions if they did not want to play it. National duties are fine but missing IPL to take rest or to play domestic games does not make sense. A bold and a good move by Modi IMO. The arrogance of the Aussies will end after this.

Thats the real :deal: yo
Are you joking... Ponting was fighting with Cricket Australia before IPL started to play in it and earn money.. but when he received a comparatively lower bid he decided otherwise :giggle: The players who played in CL were mad on being also part of IPL .. it is big money which the Aus domestic setup can never provide neither the international setup.. at least Indian cricketers and even bench warmers have got several ad contracts each but Aus cricketers are hardly are popular in their own nation

^^^ Exactly. I believe my opinion is supplementary to yours but that emoticon was maybe something which masked my dislike for that Ponting. He's a douche and no one, atleast in Mumbai, cares a crap about what some bloody bigoted Aussie thinks about us. He and his team mates can live happily ever after selling "sandwiches" for KFC