The Return of Mowgli

Guest BossBhai

Dude' date=' a cricket game isnt won be determining which team has a 'reserve bowler that bowls 140+..' Pakistanis can have as many phaaaaaaast bowlers bowling at the speed of light.. What matters is who wins and who doesnt... And, we're the no.1 ranked team in the world, while the Pakis are finding it hard to even a win a lemon-and-spoon race these days..[/quote'] Pak is struggling not so much for their bowling, but more so for their spineless batting. This is where the gap is wide between us and them. We have only one phaast (actually bit more pacy than a trundler) who has been consistent - Zak. The rest have come and gone.
Just as we bash Paki' date=' Asif bowls a beauty to Clarke. Keep the ridicule up boys![/quote'] We are number one, they are number six, what's with all the talk about ridicule as if we are not in a position to do so? You can choose to ignore our top ranking if you wish, but it doesn't change facts. Your obsession with pace/140+ etc. is pretty padosi in nature.
Pak is struggling not so much for their bowling' date=' but more so for their spineless batting. This is where the gap is wide between us and them. We have only one phaast (actually bit more pacy than a trundler) who has been consistent - Zak. The rest have come and gone.[/quote'] it doesnt matter what causes us to win and 'em to lose. The FACT is, we're winning and they're losing horribly. And before you start mourning uncontrollably over our perceived fast bowling woes, dont forget that we owe much of our recent resurgence in test matches to our fast bowlers. Sure, our guys cannot cross 145+ on a regular basis, but so what? The cricket manual doesnt specify any minimum speed above which a bowler can dismiss a batsmen, does it? Dont fall prey to that typical Paki dumbphuck mentality of 'paaace' and 'phaaaaaaaaast'. Look where it has landed them today.. So, if you're feeling tempted to envy the Pakis coz they have a couple of long-haired quicks who regularly shampoo their hair and can make the speed-gun go into the red-zone, I strongly suggest you reconsider your thoughts. Remember, We're NO.1 and irrespective of which blinker you put on, its impossible to look past that.
We are number one' date=' they are number six, what's with all the talk about ridicule as if we are not in a position to do so? You can choose to ignore our top ranking if you wish, but it doesn't change facts. Your obsession with pace/140+ etc. is pretty padosi in nature.[/quote'] Sure, in this forum if you do not hate Pak you must be a Paki (rolling eyes!)
Sure' date=' in this forum if you do not hate Pak you must be a Paki (rolling eyes!)[/quote'] No, didn't call you a Paki, I said your obsession with pace/140+ bowlers was Paki like. And I stand by that. We are no.1, they are no.6 and all you are talking about is how many phaasht bowlers they have.
it doesnt matter what causes us to win and 'em to lose. The FACT is, we're winning and they're losing horribly. And before you start mourning uncontrollably over our perceived fast bowling woes, dont forget that we owe much of our recent resurgence in test matches to our fast bowlers. Sure, our guys cannot cross 145+ on a regular basis, but so what? The cricket manual doesnt specify any minimum speed above which a bowler can dismiss a batsmen, does it? Dont fall prey to that typical Paki dumbphuck mentality of 'paaace' and 'phaaaaaaaaast'. Look where it has landed them today.. So, if you're feeling tempted to envy the Pakis coz they have a couple of long-haired quicks who regularly shampoo their hair and can make the speed-gun go into the red-zone, I strongly suggest you reconsider your thoughts. Remember, We're NO.1 and irrespective of which blinker you put on, its impossible to look past that.
I am not denying that we are no. 1, but it still does not mean we have a high quality fast bowling attack. Look at all the great teams of the past, WI/Aus in the 70s, WI in the 80s, Aus in the 90s and earlier this decade. All those teams had much superior fast bowling (pace, movement and line/length) than we ever had at any point in time. Our no. 1 standing is more a testiment of our batting than bowling. Even pak when they had Imran, Sarfraz, Akram, Waqar, etc did not have that great a winning percentage. So just because a team is not winning does not mean it has piss poor bowling. The batsmen have to put up decent totals or chase to win. Tell me besides Zak who has consistent over time. Pathan is gone, RP seems nowhere, Ishant is now a trundler, Sreesanth is unpredictable, you call this high quality??
Pak is struggling not so much for their bowling' date=' but more so for their spineless batting. This is where the gap is wide between us and them. We have only one phaast (actually bit more pacy than a trundler) who has been consistent - Zak. The rest have come and gone.[/quote'] Oh really. I think Tuffey needs a minute for rebuttal :hysterical:
No' date=' didn't call you a Paki, I said your obsession with pace/140+ bowlers was Paki like. And I stand by that. We are no.1, they are no.6 and all you are talking about is how many phaasht bowlers they have.[/quote'] Yeah, in Aus every Tom, Dick and Harry bowls 140+ and then must be thinking like Pakistan. You sound like sour grapes becuase we do not have a tearway or even a genuine fast bowler. No matter what you think bowling with pace has its own advantages.
I am not denying that we are no. 1' date= but it still does not mean we have a high quality fast bowling attack. Look at all the great teams of the past, WI/Aus in the 70s, WI in the 80s, Aus in the 90s and earlier this decade. All those teams had much superior fast bowling (pace, movement and line/length) than we ever had at any point in time. Our no. 1 standing is more a testiment of our batting than bowling. Even pak when they had Imran, Sarfraz, Akram, Waqar, etc did not have that great a winning percentage. So just because a team is not winning does not mean it has piss poor bowling. The batsmen have to put up decent totals or chase to win. Tell me besides Zak who has consistent over time. Pathan is gone, RP seems nowhere, Ishant is now a trundler, Sreesanth is unpredictable, you call this high quality??
I lulz-ed when I read those lines...:laugh: Relax champ, cricket isnt a game of 'being the best at every aspect of the game...' Its about practicing the different disciplines of the game well enough to get a favorable result. But before that, I'll first contest your claim that our fast bowling resources are in some ways, sub-standard. I strongly suggest you look through the stats of the last 5-6 years and I am sure the numbers wont bear you out. Even if I were to concede that our fast bowling unit isnt somehow world-class, I find your notion that this somehow under-cuts our legacy as the no.1 team of the world laughable. The Windies did not have a world class spin attack when they decimated the rest of the world during the 70s and 80s. So, does that somehow degrade their achievements of that era? Of course not!
I lulz-ed when I read those lines...:laugh: Relax champ, cricket isnt a game of 'being the best at every aspect of the game...' Its about practicing the different disciplines of the game well enough to get a favorable result. But before that, I'll first contest your claim that our fast bowling resources are in some ways, sub-standard. I strongly suggest you look through the stats of the last 5-6 years and I am sure the numbers wont bear you out. Even if I were to concede that our fast bowling unit isnt somehow world-class, I find your notion that this somehow under-cuts our legacy as the no.1 team of the world laughable. The Windies did not have a world class spin attack when they decimated the rest of the world during the 70s and 80s. So, does that somehow degrade their achievements of that era? Of course not!
Again, I am not challenging that India does not deserve to be no. 1, but I think you will agree that India would like to stay at no. 1 for a while and not it being a fleeting glory. I am not so confident that would happen given our bowlers do not maintain consistency over the years. Yes we have won tests in SA, Eng, and Aus over the last few years but where are some of those performers today? Champion sides of the past had CONSISTENT performers who were in good or peak form at least over a period of few years if not a decade. We do not have anyone other than Zak for pace and after Kumble I do not know if we have that for spin (Bhajji is OK that's it). Unless we win test series in SA and Aus we cannot be champion side despite our no. 1 status right now. Anyhow, that is only my opinion.
I lulz-ed when I read those lines...:laugh: The Windies did not have a world class spin attack when they decimated the rest of the world during the 70s and 80s. So, does that somehow degrade their achievements of that era? Of course not!
I am sorry, we do not have a world class spin attack either. The only thing we have world class is our batting. In fact the best it has ever been (minus Yuvi).