The Return of Mowgli

Guest BossBhai

Now he is going to reduce his pace to prevent future injuries. Story of the fast bowlers these days. Only Australian bowlers are bowling fast day in day out. Imagine mowgli on subcontinent pitches. His pace would be perfect for slam-bang cricket. He is not getting anywhere unless he learns to bring the ball back in.

Blast from the past: http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_sami-is-confident-as-he-knows-indian-traits_1006411 Sami is confident as he knows Indian traits Agencies Sunday, January 8, 2006 23:41 IST Email Email Print Print Share Share LAHORE: Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Sami said he was confident to take on the quality Indian batsmen in the upcoming series as he knew their individual batting traits. "I am preparing myself for the challenge because they have some quality batsmen. But I am confident because I have bowled a lot to them in the last two years and I have got a feel of their individual batting traits at the crease," Sami, whose selection was criticised because of not so impressive average of 46, said. Sami has taken 65 wickets in 24 Tests and another 74 in 105 One-day Internationals. The paceman, who was encouraged by the legendary Imran Khan a couple of days ago, said he was geared up to increase his wicket-tally alongside Shoaib Akhtar and prove his critics wrong with his positive approach in the series. "It is a big series for me, no doubt about that. I know there are expectations from me and I need to take more wickets. But I have had some good spells and after some tips passed on by Imran I am positive about the coming series," Sami was quoted as saying by The News. The 24-year-old paceman, who is often criticised for not having a temperament suited for international cricket, insisted there was nothing wrong with his bowling. "It has not been easy for me. People tend to look at my averages but don't see how many Tests I have played abroad or at home on generally batting tracks. They don't see the number of times luck has simply not supported even some good wicket taking balls," he said. Imran had specially visited the Pakistan camp at the National Cricket Academy on Friday and spent over an hour working with Sami. "He made it clear to me what line of attack I should adopt and spoke about the importance of being disciplined in the basics of fast bowling," he said. He also said in an interview with an Indian TV channel that Sami reminded him of Malcolm Marshall.

Sami = Malcolm Marshall Asif = Glen McGrath Kaneria - Shane Warne Aamer = Wasim Akram MoYo is already better than Vic Richards (given that he broke Viv's records in 2006) Umar Akmal = Sachin Tendulkar/Miandad Wonder why they dont win that much ?:giggle:

Sami = Malcolm Marshall Asif = Glen McGrath Kaneria - Shane Warne Aamer = Wasim Akram MoYo is already better than Vic Richards (given that he broke Viv's records in 2006) Umar Akmal = Sachin Tendulkar/Miandad Wonder why they dont win that much ?:giggle:
Also, Gul = Richard Hadlee Ajmal = Murali Kamran Akmal = Adam Gilchrist :winky: (More of "The world according to padosis" shortly...)

Anyone who can bowl 140+ consistently is bound to cause some damage every now and then, even though they might otherwise be carted around the park... Sami is one of those characters. As a pedigreed fast bowler, he does not have much in his repertoire. But his gun-barrel straight bowling and decent pace will cause some casualties occasionally.

at lease they have a reserve bowler than bowls 140+.....We have mostly trundlers. Indians should be the last ones to make fun of other teams fast bowling......
Dude, a cricket game isnt won be determining which team has a 'reserve bowler that bowls 140+..' Pakistanis can have as many phaaaaaaast bowlers bowling at the speed of light.. What matters is who wins and who doesnt... And, we're the no.1 ranked team in the world, while the Pakis are finding it hard to even a win a lemon-and-spoon race these days..

I think helpful surfaces mean that bowlers like Sami can really express themselves. If he was English or South African, I'm guessing his career would be quite different to what it is now. Oh, his average must have dipped below that magical 50 mark and that means that the apocalypse is upon us.

I think helpful surfaces mean that bowlers like Sami can really express themselves. If he was English or South African' date= I'm guessing his career would be quite different to what it is now. Oh, his average must have dipped below that magical 50 mark and that means that the apocalypse is upon us.
Lol, thats like saying that if Sujith Somsasunder had 4 eyes, he would have averaged 99.95 in tests. :D Fact of the matter is, its a level playing out there for everyone and till now in his career, Mohd. Sami has been an unmitigated failure. That is not to say things cannot improve or get better from here on.