Does Virat Kohli get dropped when SRT returns?

Lord

Maybe thats because he is a back-up himself? I realize our bowling has been poor but people need to wake-up there is no way we wre going in with 7 batsmen.
That is exactly we should go with 7 batsmen :hysterical: .Not even a single bowler is reliable. Most of the time Yuvraj is the one who saves us. He can really fancy himself as a full time bowler. If only Inidia can eke out a few from Raina and Sehwag we can go with 4 bowlers.

I'm quite sure thats not the way MSD and team management will be going. Look people its been tried before...if 6 batsmen can't get the job done 7th won't. Its all been tested before(remember the time they brought in Rohan Gavaskar,Dinesh Mongia etc during 2003-04 period). And the fact remains true regardless of the quality of the 7th bastman you're bringing in. You're not going to improve as a side by neglecting your weakness(bowling) and strenthening your batting. If anything in a few years time the situation will be infinitely worse.

I'm quite sure thats not the way MSD and team management will be going. Look people its been tried before...if 6 batsmen can't get the job done 7th won't. Its all been tested before(remember the time they brought in Rohan Gavaskar,Dinesh Mongia etc during 2003-04 period). And the fact remains true regardless of the quality of the 7th bastman you're bringing in. You're not going to improve as a side by neglecting your weakness(bowling) and strenthening your batting. If anything in a few years time the situation will be infinitely worse.
Same argument can be put forward for bowlers. If 4 bowlers can't do the job 5th is not going to do much. Even if we pick 10 bowlers we are going to leak 300 runs on a regular basis. Atleast strengthen the batting . Best would be to pick bowlers who can hold the bat and field well.
What if you leak 350 or even 400 with 4 regular bowlers' date='huh? What then? I mean I see people (some of them) on this forum coming out with posts such as "how much worse could Abhiskek Nayar and Irfan Pathan be?" Believe me people it could get a lot worse.[/quote'] i think it has reached a stage where i cannot even distinguish one fast bowler from the other. Everyone is equally crap in shorter formats. There is no bowler that stands out. We better accept it and pick bowlers who can field and bat a bit. Fielding is what you do most of the time in a match than batting and bowling. Why not strengthen it. Unless you are a numero uno fast bowler you shouldn't get the luxury of being a crappy fielder who lets the ball through legs, drops sitters.
i think it has reached a stage where i cannot even distinguish one fast bowler from the other. Everyone is equally crap in shorter formats. There is no bowler that stands out. We better accept it and pick bowlers who can field and bat a bit. Fielding is what you do most of the time in a match than batting and bowling. Why not strengthen it. Unless you are a numero uno fast bowler you shouldn't get the luxury of being a crappy fielder who lets the ball through legs' date=' drops sitters.[/quote'] True.. We might as well play Irfan instead of Zaheer in ODIs..for the same pies bowled atleast he can bat like a regular batsman... We can go with practically 9 solid batsmen if we play Irfan instead of one of the "pacers" = Sehwag Gambhir Tendu Yuv Kohli Raina Dhoni Jadeja Irfan Harbhajan Sreesanth/Ishant We can literally bat all the way down to number 10(bhajan is not mug with the bat)...any chase is on ..on any kind of pitch!!. And a bowling attack of Irfan,(Sreesanth or other),Jadeja,Harbhajan,Yuv,Sehwag,Raina can't do worse than the current so called ATTACK.. If we need to win the 2011 WC this is the attack to go with..esp on subcontinent

R.P.Singh - 90 I.Sharma - 43 I.K.Pathan - 95 Praveen Kumar - 28 Zaheer Khan -24 A.Nehra - 55 H.Singh - 6 This is our current rankings. I am sure Nehra will go up a bit after revised ranking. But overall our fast bowlers are at the bottom. These are the players we have in top 100 rankings. 7 bowlers out of top 100.

Bhaji is ranked in top 10 odi bowlers and is frankly our most economical bowler. I think over last year he would easily be much more economical then others and this is shown by SL series. Yet people want him dropped' date=' go figure????[/quote'] Is our bowling line up this days limited to Eco. rate only?? If u bowl more economically, u are in the team ?? Just by being economical widout picking wickets muct not be the criteria!! U must take wickets!! IMO if u go for 60 runs and u manage to pick up 2-3 big scalps, i wud take dat rather a bowlers who gives 40/50 odd runs for no wickets!!
Is our bowling line up this days limited to Eco. rate only?? If u bowl more economically, u are in the team ?? Just by being economical widout picking wickets muct not be the criteria!! U must take wickets!! IMO if u go for 60 runs and u manage to pick up 2-3 big scalps, i wud take dat rather a bowlers who gives 40/50 odd runs for no wickets!!
He is Indias top wicket taker in odis for 2009! Again don't let facts get in the way of your blind hatred! Do people realise in odis you only get 10 overs! Yet in those 10 overs everyone expects bhaji to always get a five wicket haul. Shame this standard of excellence is also not also appllied to other bowlers.