India dont deserve to be NO.1 : Sakib

Andy

Who is Shakib?? I honestly can't relate him to a face from memory, or maybe it is because no-one in general cares about a third class team and its Z-grade players.... Where are the MOD's?? Trolling like this will get you banned in "other" forums. Bangladeshis out to prove their Pakistani heritage and past...
I know how you feel now.........:winky:
Who is this Saqib to talk? What are his accomplishments? Maybe Sehwags plain speaking tickled his balls and hes trying hard to reciprocate, poor effort.
Bangladesh v India, 1st Test, Chittagong, 1st day Bangladesh all over ordinary India Scorecard | Bulletin - Shakib, Shahadat take four each | 'Bangladesh ordinary' - Sehwag | Tour diary: First Test for Erasmus | Most runs in Tests | Gallery

Where have the guys taking the piss out of the Bengalis gone? I have always felt that even if Bangladesh haven't become a force in test cricket, by giving them this chance they will eventually come good. They have some good players, perhaps only a few and none of them outrageously gifted, but there is enough there to compete with most other sides. If Bangaldesh can produce a world class bowler, that's really what they need more than anything else, then they can start winning. The problem is Bangladesh will struggle to produce genuine good fast bowlers because of their physique, so they need to find that really good spinner. I'm not happy saying this, but this current Bangladesh batting line-up is probably better than ours (Pakistan's).

I just dont know why everyone got so fired up by shakib's comment.He just responded to Viru's comments and he has every right to do it.India is the no.1 team so surely they have those firepower under their bags and one's comment cannot take anything away from anyone unless it is proven on the field.Its good to have some talking battle before the game.Even the aussies do it with everyone.These new breed young players of bd are trying to establish themselves in the international scene and so far they are doing decent.Its upto the stronger teams like India to help such teams so that there are more competitiveness in the game of cricket.

I just dont know why everyone got so fired up by shakib's comment.He just responded to Viru's comments and he has every right to do it.
Maybe because one is opinion, held by many to be true and another is belittling an acheivement earned by another team. Quantitatively too, BD is so far back compared to the top 8 teams that calling BD anything more than ordinary would comparatively name the other 8 teams as the greatest teams to ever play any kind of sports. Shakib, or whoever the coach is, has done nothing, absolutely nothing to deserve any respect from the cricketing world, esp. test cricket. Sehwag, on the other hand, is one of the best test match player this decade and he is the vice-captain of #1 team.
Maybe because one is opinion, held by many to be true and another is belittling an acheivement earned by another team. Quantitatively too, BD is so far back compared to the top 8 teams that calling BD anything more than ordinary would comparatively name the other 8 teams as the greatest teams to ever play any kind of sports. Shakib, or whoever the coach is, has done nothing, absolutely nothing to deserve any respect from the cricketing world, esp. test cricket. Sehwag, on the other hand, is one of the best test match player this decade and he is the vice-captain of #1 team.
Classic example of argumentum ad verecundiam or argument from authority. The status of Shakib or Sehwag is irrelevant to their opinions. In fact it's possible to argue from authority in a positive sense vis a vis Shakib. He is one of the top all-rounders right now and his test match bowling average is better than all of our bowlers' averages. The actual content of Shakib's argument didn't make sense at the time I'll agree. South Africa were struggling against England and Australia haven't been good against top test teams of late. India got to #1 on merit and using the same ranking system that Australia and South Africa used to take the #1 spot.
Shakib' date=' or whoever the coach is, has done nothing, absolutely nothing to deserve any respect from the cricketing world, esp. test cricket.[/quote'] Producing world's best allrounder aint enough to earn respect?producing wisden's test cricketer of 2009 aint enough to earn a lil bit of respect?good.we dont need this respect.