IPL made fun of Pakistan by snubbing us: Afridi

Block hole

I have to say the idea of India to creat the IPL was legendary, they should be commended for it. But do they have a point ? I'm not very knowledgable about this as I suppose the Pakis and Indians would no better, but was there politics involved in this ? Because otherwise surely there would be a few Paki players for auction ?

No but the only reason Pakistani players were in the auction was because some of the teams had shown interest in them. There has to be some other reasons than just nobody wanted them. When you see people like Kaif and Martyn getting contracts, something is off
I would assume it's a part of PR considering the strong sentiments in the Indians after the recent terrorist attacks. I believe none of the teams wanted to start the bidding. Had the some one started a bid, it may have broken the ice. But no one wanted to look keen on a Pakistani player at the moment. The sponsors would have found it difficult to sell their brands.

I have to say the idea of India to creat the IPL was legendary, they should be commended for it. But do they have a point ? I'm not very knowledgable about this as I suppose the Pakis and Indians would no better, but was there politics involved in this ? Because otherwise surely there would be a few Paki players for auction ?
But still Wasim Akram is the bowling coach of KKR? Yusuf Abdulla is a South African of Pakistani origin. Also Yasir Arafat played in CL in India. But IPL is turning out to be Indian Politics League. Sometimes it doesnt make any sense.

I don't think politics has anything to do with it. I think the sponsors just consider the Pakistani players a negative for their brands.

I can pretty much guarantee that it was political. I for one don't feel like making fun of the paki players on a continuous basis. I do however find afretard's comments extremely hilarious but the rest of them aren't bad guys.

I don't think politics has anything to do with it. I think the sponsors just consider the Pakistani players a negative for their brands.
Mehhhhhh.

I don't dislike Afretard because he's supposed to be the greatest hitter ever or because he made a 100 against India somewhere in about a 1000 innings, which his devotees have orgasmed about a million times. I despise this cockroach for his garbage boorish comments about our classy VVS Laxman last year. I am really enjoying the major KLPD these beggar taluntless cricketers and their fans have had today.

I can pretty much guarantee that it was political. I for one don't feel like making fun of the paki players on a continuous basis. I do however find afretard's comments extremely hilarious but the rest of them aren't bad guys.
Free-di has always made stupid comments about India, After t20 in Eng last year he said that he didnt like the way Indians treated pakis during-b4 and after the game :--D There are 2 reasons for not including pakis 1. Franchises are not sure how the public would react .. how would political parties react 2.Modi knows that they couldnt play IPL in India last year due to what pakis did in Mumbai and hence he is angry

Keeping all the politics aside and then think. Afridi has a point. There was no need to humiliate them like this. If IPL didnt want any Pakistani players then they shouldnt have asked for visas and govt clearance. Thats not the way you treat sportsperson from other countries. Including them and then not even bidding for one player seems strange. Even Damien Martyn who is 38 years old got the contract. Bond, Pollard, Eoin Morgan are good picks though.
The IPL is managed and owned by private enterprises, IPL regulators only cleared the way for the players and franchises in the event that any of the paki players got bought. You can call it humiliation if you want, normal sane people call this competition and choice, the basis of capitalism.

Free-di has always made stupid comments about India, After t20 in Eng last year he said that he didnt like the way Indians treated pakis during-b4 and after the game :--D There are 2 reasons for not including pakis 1. Franchises are not sure how the public would react .. how would political parties react 2.Modi knows that they couldnt play IPL in India last year due to what pakis did in Mumbai and hence he is angry
Good point.

The IPL is managed and owned by private enterprises, IPL regulators only cleared the way for the players and franchises in the event that any of the paki players got bought. You can call it humiliation if you want, normal sane people call this competition and choice, the basis of capitalism.
So who set the base price for them and on what basis? Demand? Or do they set the base price for themselves just like Michael Clarke did it in the last IPL? And he didnt get pick. :giggle: May be thats the reason?

the auction could have been done this in a better way .. now the entire auction snubbing pak players will take a different twist and relations are bound to go for a toss .. expect more statements from the players in coming days .. i think modi should have handled this better talking to the individual franchises about their interests before hand .. this is surely insulting for snubbed players . .atleast couple of them .. but afridi i dont care a penny ..

First point not true. There are many supporters of Pakistani cricketers in India. second point, not true. Modi is money minded but not patriot. He doesn't want to lose hige Pakistani viewership because of some silly reason. I see the hand of Indian government who wants to take a safe path than denying the VISA.

So who set the base price for them and on what basis? Demand? Or do they set the base price for themselves just like Michael Clarke did it in the last IPL? And he didnt get pick. :giggle: May be thats the reason?
I cannot say exactly how the base prices are calculated, it could possibly be on the interest shown by the franchises, or maybe they have someone dreaming them up. At the end of the day, you need some starting point.

Guest DeveGowda
First point not true. There are many supporters of Pakistani cricketers in India. second point, not true. Modi is money minded but not patriot. He doesn't want to lose hige Pakistani viewership because of some silly reason. I see the hand of Indian government who wants to take a safe path than denying the VISA.
I have Similer opinion...there are No PATRIOTIC saints in Indian cricket..Evey one wants Money...There must be some instructions from Foriegn ministry..any way most of the leaders in BCCI are politicians other wise Afridi should have Bought by SRK for $750000 no doubt about that :hysterical: