IPL set for 3D debut

Nova

Call it the Avatar effect, the Indian premier League will make its 3D debut in select theatres this season. “We are going 3D... and we’ll be the first sporting body in the world to do so,†Lalit Modi, commisioner of IPL, told ET. UFO Moviez, the official theatre rights-holder for the Twenty20 tournament, is working on showing the semifinals and final live in 3D. It will be available in cinemas, pubs, bars, and in due time, TV too, Mr Modi said in an exclusive interview. IPL is coming back to India. I think you have done a wonderful job of enhancing the brand image of IPL. Will there be any surprise this time? I will break the news here. We are going 3D... and we’ll be the first sporting body in the world to do so. I have seen the presentation, it’s very expensive but from next year onwards, we hope that we’ll be able to make it available for all games. This year we’re experimenting with four games—last four games will be 3D. It’s a major innovation, it will be available in cinemas, pubs and bars. We also want to introduce the spider cam wherein the camera actually moves across the ground like a spider web. Again it’s a hitech thing and we will be introducing it for the last four games. The IPL is here to build a brand and build on the consumer experience. Our job is to enhance the viewing features of the fans at home and in the stadium. :yay: Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Interviews/IPL-set-for-3D-debut/articleshow/5479609.cms

Who has a 3D TV these days. Plus live 3D TV is over-rated
It's not for TV bro. Cinema theaters..... So if someone hits a six it will pop out of the screen...and cheerleaders will have another dimension :cantstop:

It's not for TV bro. Cinema theaters..... So if someone hits a six it will pop out of the screen...and cheerleaders will have another dimension :cantstop:
Yeh sorry, but the stream will be the same and there have been issues with live 3d streaming, very little details are 3D. Don't know if there is more improved tech. available now though

Whoa. I really wish I am in India right now to experience this. Regarding the showing of IPL matches on youtube, is that only in India or everywhere else ?
Everywhere. http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/story/445173.html
The move is expected to give the IPL access to global markets, where the second season was not telecast. The first season of the IPL was broadcast live in the United Kingdom, on the now defunct Setanta network, but there was no live feed for the 2009 tournament. In the absence of a television partner for the upcoming season, the UK audience will be able to view the cricket live. Countries that have a live television feed of the IPL matches will also be able to access the YouTube feed but with a delay of a few minutes.