Anyone from Blore for a trip to either Nagpur/Kolkatta?

I have a feeling that the coming 2 test series between Ind and South africa is going to be an iconic one... The last time these 2 played in tests, the entire cricketing world was excited about inaugural IPL everyone wanted this series to be done with as son as possible.. 2 years on.. lots have happened in the test arena and we have a potential World Cricket Championship to be played between the No. 1 and No. 2 test sides.. South Africa will go all out to topple India from the summit and India will do its best to silence the doubters and show that they are here to stay.. I'm sure this is going to be one cracker of a series.. And I am getting a feeling that if I dont watch atleast one of the live.. I'm missing something... For the last one week, I've been thinking about making a trip to either Nagpur or Kolkatta. Eden Gardens would have been my fist choice (its been my long time dream to watch cricket at the Eden and MCG), but I read a piece on cricinfo that the CAB is not going to sell test match tickets to the public due to renovation work.. But I'm not sure.. Does anyone here have any credible information about this? Assuming Kolkatta is ruled out, I dont mind going to the brand new Nagpur stadium either.. But I have never been to that side of the country.. Can anyone help with whatever info you have about Nagpur... Any localites here? Info regarding where the stadium is located, which is the nearest area where one can find a decent but cheap accommodation (gotta stay 5 days there, so cant go for an exensive stay) etc etc The next question is about the ground's layout and ticket prices.. I googled but couldnt find any web site associated with the VCA... How can when I can get my hands on a season ticket for all 5 days? Finally.. it wont be much fun if I go all on my own. Wifey cant come due to her office commitments.. I have initiated talks with a few friends, but they aren't as crazy as me to think of a trip to another state/ city for test match... Hoping to find some crazy fan out here... Not necessarily from Bangalore.. i think mumbai is closer.. anyone from anywhere in india.. we can probably meet up at Nagpur and go to the match together... I had been debating within myself for a week now, whether to post this or not.. At the risk of sounding crazy, I decided to do it anyways.. I'm sure everyone have their own work, studies, business to take care of.. But guys.. believe me, this is going to be a great test match.. at a very good stadium.. I'll be glad if anyone could join.. even otherwise, pass on any information that you think will be of use to me in this project :two_thumbs_up:

While I cannot join you, I'll just add that your dedication and passion for the Indian team and test cricket is really inspiring and admirable. If you do go, I hope you get to witness our top order in great form with a few hundreds, and our bowling supporting them and setting up a huge win. :hatsoff:

While I cannot join you, I'll just add that your dedication and passion for the Indian team and test cricket is really inspiring and admirable. If you do go, I hope you get to witness our top order in great form with a few hundreds, and our bowling supporting them and setting up a huge win. :hatsoff:
Thanks Salil.. I would rather spend the money on this test match than on a couple of IPL matches... BTW.. since there weren't any tests played in 2009 in either bangalore or chennai the money that usually goes for my yearly pilgrimage is saved up.. so let me put it to good use.. what say? And BTW.. did you move this thread to the cricket section? Thanks man.. I was worried whether the thread wouldn't get noticed and if it was in the chit chat section