Sehwag: Hail^inf

Mr. Wicket

I think thats what everyone is upset about. You shouldn't make fun of those less fortunate than yourself. Everyone thinks he is being an arrogant bully. Apparently speaking the truth can hurt feelings' date=' so don't do it[/quote'] padosiyon ko chai zyada shakkar daal kar peene chahiye - kadwa sach digest karne ke liye :--D:haha::icflove:
Are you familiar with the saying: "I don't agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it anyway" ? If the defense used for Sehwag is "its his frank nature" and "what he said was correct", than the very same justification can be used to excuse Ponting's remarks, which despite being a fan of him, I think are unnecessary. Maybe you thought I'd be defending him As for the chest beating regarding Sehwag being proved right, oh please, Sehwag, pick on someone your own size.
You've lost the battle before you've begun fighting when the topic is "arrogance" and you're on the side of Ponting (and especially, when the opposition is Sehwag). Remember "Its a bit unusual for him to have a good game against us... ", "You wont find any Australian doing something like that", "I think he's forgotten the World Cup beating.. ", "Their aggression is fake.. ", "Its easy to score as many runs and maintain longetivity when you dont come back and field.. ", etc.

Ponting is an arrogant SOB, yes. And Viru is a down to earth guy who is straight talking etc etc. Most people know he wasnt being arrogant when he said what he said. Still, there is a way to come across when youre an international cricketer- especially when youre the captain of a major test team. Diplomacy is not a bad thing. He could even have said theyll struggle to get 20 wkts without calling them ordinary.

My favorite Indian: Sehwag by a long way The most exciting batsman of the last decade. Scorer of triple hundreds like there are going out of fashion. But above all else its the comments. Walking out after the win against Bangladesh for the post match interview he got booed my the crowd. Ravi Shastri said "I see you, Viru, you are very popular here!" Sehwag "I think every Indian is very popular in Bangladesh!" Summed up the feelings of a nation. Sachin says what we would want to say but Sehwag says what we feel. My favorite Indian, for telling it like it is and so many destructive innings: Sehwag.B->

Uh. I don't care how or what you feel about Ponting or his comments. I posted just to let you know the difference of being frank and arrogant. Sehwag merely stated that BD are a ordinary team whereas Ponting wanted the ICC to snatch away their test status. If this does not help you differentiate arrogance and stating your mind' date=' then nothing can.[/quote'] To begin with, Bangladesh don't deserve TEST membership in the first instance, their results don't justify it. They got it because of politics, i.e. India's vote. There was a genuine fear that the quality of test cricket would be diluted by such poor opposition. Any Tom, Dick and Harry could be given membership under the guise of "It helps us improve" if they had a close buddy to reel them in. In direct terms, their membership was a disgrace, a disgrace in terms of scheduling, a disgrace in terms of viewership. They were seen as uninvited guests and nobody wanted to play them because the opposition was so poor, this fundamental fact you cannot deny it, it is as relevant now as it was than. The question of their membership was on everybody's lip but nobody had the balls to publicly say it and a lot of people were saying, in no uncertain terms, that Bangladesh should have their membersehip taken away. At that time his comments reflected the general consensus just as Sehwag's comments reflect the situation but that doesn't give either the right to say what they did And BB dear, stop treating "arrogance" and "speaking frankly" as being mutually exclusive, they are not.
At that time his comments reflected the general consensus just as Sehwag's comments reflect the situation but that doesn't give either the right to say what they did And BB dear, stop treating "arrogance" and "speaking frankly" as being mutually exclusive, they are not.
So being honest is bad. Satya Meva Jayate :nervous:
You've lost the battle before you've begun fighting when the topic is "arrogance" and you're on the side of Ponting (and especially, when the opposition is Sehwag). Remember "Its a bit unusual for him to have a good game against us... ", "You wont find any Australian doing something like that", "I think he's forgotten the World Cup beating.. ", "Their aggression is fake.. ", "Its easy to score as many runs and maintain longetivity when you dont come back and field.. ", etc.
I can't justify any of these comments. They are arrogant and I don't think he should have said it publicily is such derogatory terms irrespective of whether they hold any merit or not.

Good job. You've correctly identified Ponting's statements as "arrogance." You can recognize it as that because there have been plenty of times he's tried to be politically correct and not "offend" any other player or team. Sehwag, on the other hand, has never said anything like that. You ask him about Sri Lanka, and he'll you that their attack was mediocre because it let him score 450+ runs in a 3 match series. And in the same vein, he said Bangladesh's attack is ordinary because they have been ordinary for the past 10 years. And yes, being honest and being arrogant are and can be mutually exclusive.

I can't justify any of these comments. They are arrogant and I don't think he should have said it publicily is such derogatory terms irrespective of whether they hold any merit or not.
Now, now, I would not stretch this onto being derogatory. Mildly disrespectful, sure. Honest, you bet. Arrogant - well it lies in what you make of the man himself. But derogatory - not at all. I also dont get your argument when you add 'whether they hold any merit or not'. So, I take it merit is not one of the things you are concerned about. Is that true? Sehwag was not thinking about national diplomacy. He was just speaking the truth as he saw it. That takes some guts, dont you think. But for him and his straight-talking ways do you think the corruption charges at DDCA would have seen the light of day? When there are such huge positives, we really need to understand the few negatives that go along with it. There is, after all, no perfect world. Not even an illusion thereof! ________ Nexium problems