Well fought Young India.

Cricketics

Congrats to pak juniors, but a hats off for the great fight shown by our guys. Mandeep Singh first of all played a fantastic knock of 44 in some pathetic batting conditions. Then our bowlers bowled really well. Outstanding Oustanding fielding. They created great pressure.. The first 8 overs. Pak were reduced to 16-3. MERA BHARAT MAHAN. JAI HIND.

Looked like a couple of T20 Outfits one coached by Dilshan and the other by Afridi.
it was a good match because of the weaknesses of both teams. The cricket on view wasnt particularly great. There is no batsman here that made an impression on me in either team. A number of bowlers bowled really well but wonder whether that was because of juiced conditions or innate ability. Time will tell of course
Looked like a couple of T20 Outfits one coached by Dilshan and the other by Afridi.
Man you replying like as if 2 sides with old stalwarts were playing and couldn't manage to display good cricket. This is u19 cricket man. With the condition like they were in Christhurch today, even good International teams players play somet pathetic cricket, these are just u19 players.

Well played and great fight But somebody please tell me who made Menaria the captain and who got Harpreet and Menaria in the team .. they were looking ordinary in all fields especially in batting .. we would have made at least 20 more if even one of them would have played properly like the others

you guys are being too strickt, Mandeep singh looks a good player, compact technique and judges the length very well..ofcourse he needs some time to hone his skills again as i said the yuvi look alike is a good talent, give him some time he will mature into a good batsman..Jaydev looks good as well, and the other guy Netralkar or something although doesnt have that much pace he has excellent control over his line and length and that for his age is a very big thing

Man you replying like as if 2 sides with old stalwarts were playing and couldn't manage to display good cricket. This is u19 cricket man. With the condition like they were in Christhurch today, even good International teams players play somet pathetic cricket, these are just u19 players.
Tics, the shot selection, every alternate ball we played the scoop, the guy who scored 40 and the Yuvi look alike played some decent cricket shots to score runs. No need to innovate if it there isnt the need. Influence of T20 Cricket perhaps.

Tics, this was my first game of this U-19 WC, tbh a real poor showing, would have said this even if we had won. I say this because I have watched two full U-19 WC's, one in 1998 (Yuvi, Kaif, Sodhi) and one in 2008 (Kohli, Jadeja, Pandey and co.) the technique of the players then, were far far superior to what it was today, perhaps the conditions would have had a say, because the earlier two WC's were in SL and Malaysia resp. But the shot selection! OMG! Hope they get their chances in FC Cricket, to polish off their skills.

Tics, this was my first game of this U-19 WC, tbh a real poor showing, would have said this even if we had one. I say this because I have watched two full U-19 WC's, one in 1998 (Yuvi, Kaif, Sodhi) and one in 2008 (Kohli, Jadeja, Pandey and co.) the technique of the players then, were far far superior to what it was today, perhaps the conditions would have had a say, because the earlier two WC's were in SL and Malaysia resp. But the shot selection! OMG! Hope they get their chances in FC Cricket, to polish off their skills.
Nothing wrong in wht you say. The Nz Conditions are creating a bit of hiccups in ever batting line up i assume. Plus on top, there was rain. And btw, 1998 nahi, 2000, saleh world cup winning year bhi bhool gaya???? 2000 mein we won.
Tics, this was my first game of this U-19 WC, tbh a real poor showing, would have said this even if we had won. I say this because I have watched two full U-19 WC's, one in 1998 (Yuvi, Kaif, Sodhi) and one in 2008 (Kohli, Jadeja, Pandey and co.) the technique of the players then, were far far superior to what it was today, perhaps the conditions would have had a say, because the earlier two WC's were in SL and Malaysia resp. But the shot selection! OMG! Hope they get their chances in FC Cricket, to polish off their skills.
I agree.. technique wise even Jadeja would look a Dravid infront of these batsmen .. they have to polish a lot before coming anywhere near to international quality