Pakistan Cricket

king2be98

They are missing their biggest motivation- playing against India. Take that away from Pakistan, and you essentially neuter their cricket team. There is no emotion that drives sporting achievement more strongly than pure, undiluted loathing for the opposition.

i'd blame their domestic structure, such fertile grounds for producing such mediocrity. and they admit to it. so far their star performers like akram, waqar etc were picked off the streets and barely played any domestic cricket. back in the day they had 4 or 5 matchwinners, now they have maybe 2.

They are missing their biggest motivation- playing against India. Take that away from Pakistan' date=' and you essentially neuter their cricket team. There is no emotion that drives sporting achievement more strongly than pure, undiluted loathing for the opposition.[/quote'] ++ :two_thumbs_up:

All points are very much accurate, but when its Pakistan's cricket to be discused... I dont belive on any records, stats, sense, any logic, any formula etc etc. Pak team perform without any concern of who is the coach, what are our stats here/there, what are the players profiles on record bookss, (but yes captain matters)... 1999 team was far less experienced than of 2003... In 99 they at least got in final but 2003 we all know what happened (mainly cz of difference in spirit only)... and right after 2003 world cup, 8 players, the most seniors all being dropped including Wasim,Waqar, Saeed Anwar, Inzmma, Moin, Saqlain etc... 8 brand new faces came with 0 ODI experience and won the Sharjah Cup... Their fielding is always poor (yes now its almost worst) but I belive this is not a leading issue, records and player profiles does matter but I belive this as not a leading problem either... Coaches too havn't effected Pak side most of the times, we rarely hav seen any animated Intikhab Alam in 92 or T20WC but they won and after Jonty rhodes coaching our fielding got worst and worst... The biggest or at lest >80% effecting problem is lacking a true captain, an aggressive captain with self belive... All other issues are then inter-related and will be solved automatically like Spirit, motivation, aggression, attacking frame of mind, self belive and Pak only need this, nothing else... Once this is solved mean everything else is solved and PAK WILL BE BACK...

Our fielding has completely gone down the drain. The amount of catches we drop in the slip and boundary region is just laughable. AS OP mentioned 42 catches in 9 Test matches is not just bad but is ridiculous to the highest level. It pretty much tells the story why our team has been struggling series after series. Negative backward Captaincy is also hurting our chances badly. The earlier Afridi gets the nod to captain the better for us. He's the only guy who seems fully motivated on the field and plays with aggression, something that majority of our players lack. I am not sure if he would really make a huge impact but his captaincy will be a step forward.

The loss of pak Cricket prowess-Musharaf's cronism and J-e-I "religious" intrusion. Both these factors have taken a huge toll on professionalism, fighting spirit and innovativeness. Imran, Wasim, Anwar, hell even Inzamam would never make statements like "sorry to all the Muslims" after loosing to arch-rivals India. Sad thing is that all Pakistanis are completely in denial about these factors. All the raw talent-Salman Butt, Nazir, Gul etc-etc that could have been fine tuned has been left to rot instead.. Afridi is another major cause and indication of the current complacency of the entire setup.

How are we going to improve our fielding/batting when we have a coach like Inti? The guys is on pension..he collect his check and enjoy the free trip... When we had G Lawson, we weren't even this bad and everyone was calling for his head. We have Inti and we have not won anything in months, yet there is no one asking him any question. I'm pissed off with the PCB more than the players...Ijaz Butt is total crap...who do we replace him with ? The guy so old, he can't even talk or walk ...how is he running this PCB? geeez why can't we get rid of these choors...

How are we going to improve our fielding/batting when we have a coach like Inti? The guys is on pension..he collect his check and enjoy the free trip... When we had G Lawson, we weren't even this bad and everyone was calling for his head. We have Inti and we have not won anything in months, yet there is no one asking him any question. I'm pissed off with the PCB more than the players...Ijaz Butt is total crap...who do we replace him with ? The guy so old, he can't even talk or walk ...how is he running this PCB? geeez why can't we get rid of these choors...
Pure politics bro... Guys like Ejaz Butt simply dont have cricketing brain (sometime I wonder if he have any type of brain/sense), really he is just a funny man...

The problem is Respect. Moyo needs to respected so he becomes the captain. Afridi wont play test as he doesnt feel respected in the test team. K Akmal wanted to keep even after costing the sydney test as it will be disrespectful for him to be dropped for another keeper. I can list these Izzat examples from the time of Imran till yesterday. Pak has had so many captains in the last 10-15 years and that is also due to respect. Its seems like pak players think "I have served pak for 7 years, I deserve to be the captain to prove that Im respected." PS: Same issues with Miandad .. respect .. resign one day and take the same job the next day

Why is it that whenever PAK fails in a match, the immediate reation from all pakis is to change the captain. As if he was supposed to score all the runs, take all the wickets n catches. What r the rest 10 for - to join him in the lunch n tea in the dressing room?????

Their fielding has always been pathetic, nothing new. Just saying, ours is not much better.
No ours is a lot better. we have our bad days. but lets not do the typical indian thing by bringing us down to make the pakis feel better. We are much better in all departments. I hate this type of gandhigiri!