Discussing the second test between Ind-BD at Dhakka, 2010

asterix

very well played mahmadullah .. :two_thumbs_up: we indians need to realize that the bangla players are overawed by indian cricketers .. they look upto them .. they are hoping our players help them in some way .. they want to be like a dravid , sachin, dhoni etc .. i dont see anything wrong .. most of their young players idolise our players .. that is reason they felt bad when viru made a comment like that and fought brilliantly the first day .. yes we are #1 no one is doubting and we dont have to be arrogant like aussies to stay at #1 .. we can be humble and be #1 too .. but also agree bangla fans do go overboard and also started hating indians .. they should realize they are playing test cricket bcos of india .. not the eng, aus boards ..
I agree with your views entirely.
very well played mahmadullah .. :two_thumbs_up: we indians need to realize that the bangla players are overawed by indian cricketers .. they look upto them .. they are hoping our players help them in some way .. they want to be like a dravid , sachin, dhoni etc .. i dont see anything wrong .. most of their young players idolise our players .. that is reason they felt bad when viru made a comment like that and fought brilliantly the first day .. yes we are #1 no one is doubting and we dont have to be arrogant like aussies to stay at #1 .. we can be humble and be #1 too .. but also agree bangla fans do go overboard and also started hating indians .. they should realize they are playing test cricket bcos of india .. not the eng, aus boards ..
spoke like a champ.. :two_thumbs_up:

Bowling Concerns ! I mean ..WTF.. if Bangladesh batsmen can tonk us around like that..the bowlers just seemed bereft of ideas. Zaheer and Ishant pulled it back towards the end of the innings with a great spell... but otherwise we were quite pedestrian We may win by an innings tomorrow....but what was on display today is a real cause for concern if we harbour any hope of becoming "the invincibles" like the aussies.

if we harbour any hope of becoming "the invincibles" like the aussies.
Dude I too share your concerns about getting tonked around by Bangla Boyzzz but why the hell are you harboring hopes of this team becoming Aussie style sustained champions? We have a powerful batting line-up, no doubt, but our bowling (as brilliant as Zak has been the last couple of years) is nowhere near all time great material.
Dude I too share your concerns about getting tonked around by Bangla Boyzzz but why the hell are you harboring hopes of this team becoming Aussie style sustained champions? We have a powerful batting line-up' date=' no doubt, but our bowling (as brilliant as Zak has been the last couple of years) is nowhere near all time great material.[/quote'] We're so close to being invincible(our batting line-up is awe inspiring...great WK/Batsman)...the only missing piece being a matchwinning bowler !..someone who gets tonked around by noone !... our neighbours found one in Aamer...:nervous:...the elusive piece!
We're so close to being invincible(our batting line-up is awe inspiring...great WK/Batsman)...the only missing piece being a matchwinning bowler !..someone who gets tonked around by noone !... our neighbours found one in Aamer...:nervous:...the elusive piece!
so If I understand you correctly if we found one match winning bowler we would become invincibles like the Australians? They had more than one match bowler that made them invincible - Warne & Mcgrath with others chipping in. our neighbours' fast bowling production machine only produces half baked pacebowlers. Lets see where aamer will be in 2 years from now or how consistenly he plays for them over the next years.
so If I understand you correctly if we found one match winning bowler we would become invincibles like the Australians? They had more than one match bowler that made them invincible - Warne & Mcgrath with others chipping in. our neighbours' fast bowling production machine only produces half baked pacebowlers. Lets see where aamer will be in 2 years from now or how consistenly he plays for them over the next years.
WEll like all things in life..Lets start with one :winky: Right now we have a bunch of support bowlers who all seem to be doing their own thing..which clearly isn't working....atleast not as well as we would like it to... Zaheer is the closest we have .... but well..still not quite..

No current team is invincible or has a combination like Warne/McGrath. We just have to do the best we can with what we have. Sharma/Khan last year were the same duo who dominated test matches. What we really need is spinners who actually take top order wickets instead of throwing darts. Apart from that the reality is the there is no bench strength when it comes to bowling in our squad. Bowlers like Sree, Pathan, RP all have serious flaws that they haven't been able to overcome. That's why I really wanted to get younger bowlers like Tyagi/Kulkarni etc match experience to see what they can do instead of picking the same broken bowlers like Sree.

The bowlers gave it their all to get 20 wickets: Dhoni India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Wednesday singled out star performer Zaheer Khan for the team's series victory and said the bowlers did an excellent job on an unresponsive track in the second Test against Bangladesh. More... The bowlers gave it their all to get 20 wickets: Dhoni Last updated on: January 27, 2010 15:23 IST India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Wednesday singled out star performer Zaheer Khan for the team's series victory and said the bowlers did an excellent job on an unresponsive track in the second Test against Bangladesh. "It was a difficult task to get wickets on this track, both for spinners and pacers. But all credit goes to the bowlers. They really put their best to get those 20 wickets, especially Zaheer's spell," Dhoni said after his team crushed the hosts by 10 wickets to clinch the series 2-0. "The ball was getting old and the wicket was getting slower and slower. This is a reason we decided to bowl first on this wicket. If you bat first you need to score 600 plus or else you have to again come and bat. So it was tough but I think the bowlers did a terrific job," Dhoni said. Bowling a long spell, Zaheer was at his best on Wednesday, decimating the hosts with his seven for 87 in the second innings. Heaping praise on the left-arm seamer, Dhoni said, "The ball was old and it was getting reverse swing. It was also keeping low. So we felt we can get some LBW decisions in our favour and decided to give Zaheer a longer spell." Also praising left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha [ Images ] for chipping in with two second innings wicket, Dhoni said, "Credit also goes to Ojha who took that one wicket of (Mohd) Ashraful at that time." Dhoni was elated after the team's convincing series win but he refused to be complacent. "We always can do better. For the last 12 months we have done well in both ODIs and Tests. There is always scope for improvement but the result is very satisfactory," he said. However, Dhoni sounded a bit worried about the number of injuries that has haunted the side in this series. "The series was full of injuries so I am a bit worried. But with the amount of cricket that we play these days, it is ok. I hope the players (VVS Laxman and Yuvraj Singh ) are fit before the South Africa series," he said.

as I said' date=' ours bowlers again performed better than so many others. Yet, let them bowl even one session badly and the knives are out[/quote'] Yes, it was only a few days ago when ODI match threads against Lanka/Bangla were full of Indian "fans" calling Zaheer fat and lazy and abusing/name calling other Indian bowlers.