Sehwag & Dhoni camps at loggerheads

Andy

I was surprised that even after scoring a maiden 50 (which is a big achievement for someone like him) and taking 7 wickets, Amit Mishra was dropped for Pragyan I'll get the tailenders out and become a hero Ojha. Ridiculous decision-making by the Team management. When someone is in form, you DON'T drop him. Mishra, feel sad for him

Guest DeveGowda

most curious thing shown in TV was the team list where Amith mishra's name scratched and Kojha's name written :winky: Unless a person injured this wont happen every time...

Like always just when the team's performance is looking good, ego clashes again raise their ugly head and threatens to destroy us .Haven't we seen such personality clashes harming our cricket so many times in the past. The media has definitely sensalised the things but the manner in which Mishra has been dropped without any reasons forthcoming from the team management does raise a stink. I hope this is just a minor difference of opinion between the captain and vice captain and not a rift as the masala hungry media wants us to believe.

People who are saying that there is a conspiracy behind Mishra's drop are idiots. We have an important series coming up vs. SA and the most logical decision is to try all our spinners. Do you think that Dhoni would have no say in the team that played in Chittagong? Thats just dumb. Media is being evil, and we're being even dumber by believing the trash that they publish (or show, if you watch TimesNow).

I don't know about the rift bit but certain Mishra and Ojha can play while Bhajji should have sat out if Ojha had to play. It's definitely unfair to have dropped Mishra. I don't reckon a player can do much more than take wickets and also make a fifty.

It's definitely unfair to have dropped Mishra. I don't reckon a player can do much more than take wickets and also make a fifty.
Exactly. But people in the team management are maybe too dumb to understand that. They are sending the wrong signal to the players who actually perform. And if they can still play Failraj in the team, I see no reason why Mishra's dropping can be justified !
definately, there is favouritism between the two sehwag will always go with mishra, and dhoni, off late, has been opting for ojha dhoni will have his way
There should be NO favourites while playing for the country. Pick the guy whose in good form and not your bed buddy. Its simple as that. I think Dhoni's decision is making a big joke out of our team and is not doing the confidence of our boys any good. What Dhoni is trying to say is- Failraj will play in the team, even if he has 6 bad innings but Badri won't get a game because I like Failraj more than Badri. Ojha will be picked over Mishy because I like Ojha and I don't really care if Mishy picked 7 wickets and even scored a 50 (which I repeat, is a big achievement for someone who is an out-and-out bowler). Main captain, meri hi chalegi. Rubbish attitude. I really hope Viru is taking Dhoni's case coz someone needs to. Even in the past, Dhoni threatened to resign if RP Singh would've been dropped by the selectors. If you do things like this and the player you fought for actually plays well, then you are justified. But if you pick someone out of turn over a person in form and he disappoints, you should really have the guts to admit that you made a mistake. That is something Dhoni is not going to say. And I HATE this hypocritical attitude of Dhoni to pick his buddies over proven performers. :finger: For God's sake. Its not your team, its the National team.
There should be NO favourites while playing for the country. Pick the guy whose in good form and not your bed buddy. Its simple as that. I think Dhoni's decision is making a big joke out of our team and is not doing the confidence of our boys any good. What Dhoni is trying to say is- Failraj will play in the team, even if he has 6 bad innings but Badri won't get a game because I like Failraj more than Badri. Ojha will be picked over Mishy because I like Ojha and I don't really care if Mishy picked 7 wickets and even scored a 50 (which I repeat, is a big achievement for someone who is an out-and-out bowler). Main captain, meri hi chalegi. Rubbish attitude. I really hope Viru is taking Dhoni's case coz someone needs to. Even in the past, Dhoni threatened to resign if RP Singh would've been dropped by the selectors. If you do things like this and the player you fought for actually plays well, then you are justified. But if you pick someone out of turn over a person in form and he disappoints, you should really have the guts to admit that you made a mistake. That is something Dhoni is not going to say. And I HATE this hypocritical attitude of Dhoni to pick his buddies over proven performers. :finger: For God's sake. Its not your team, its the National team.
Am wid u on dis Andy!!:--D
People who are saying that there is a conspiracy behind Mishra's drop are idiots. We have an important series coming up vs. SA and the most logical decision is to try all our spinners. Do you think that Dhoni would have no say in the team that played in Chittagong? Thats just dumb. Media is being evil' date=' and we're being even dumber by believing the trash that they publish (or show, if you watch TimesNow).[/quote'] When the team sheet was printed, (this is given to media before every match) it had mishra's name in it. At the last moment, someone had cut Mishra's name with a pen and wrote Ojha's. Very unprofessional

I dont mean to go soft on Dhoni but throughout history each captain has had his own favourites in any team. Even granting that, Dhoni's soft spot for Yuvraj cannot be explained away. The best fielder in the subcontinent in a matter of six months becomes the worst one on the field and still he finds a place in your squad? He is unfit, carrying a paunch and is continuing to make the same mistakes with the bat. No problem. He will still make the team. One day soon he is going to make a hundred in one of these contests against Bangladesh or Sri Lanka and is going to announce that he can play spin as well as anybody else. And I am curious, My two cents, how do we know that Dhoni changed the team in the last instant? And even if he did, that alone need not prove that he removed Mishra for some nefarious/ulterior purpose, dont you think? ________ Prilosec Problems

Guest DeveGowda
I dont mean to go soft on Dhoni but throughout history each captain has had his own favourites in any team. Even granting that, Dhoni's soft spot for Yuvraj cannot be explained away. The best fielder in the subcontinent in a matter of six months becomes the worst one on the field and still he finds a place in your squad? He is unfit, carrying a paunch and is continuing to make the same mistakes with the bat. No problem. He will still make the team. One day soon he is going to make a hundred in one of these contests against Bangladesh or Sri Lanka and is going to announce that he can play spin as well as anybody else. And I am curious, My two cents, how do we know that Dhoni changed the team in the last instant? And even if he did, that alone need not prove that he removed Mishra for some nefarious/ulterior purpose, dont you think?
Question is not for me ..but i also have some doubts reg this isuue.... Why cant we think like that ? :dance: Only during Injuy to a player or some other reason Changes will happen to team and names will get strike down... if its done much earlier why shouldnt they have a Fresh copy of palyers name without any striking of names ? Defenitely there will be some inside politics ..this is India...But as long as team wins nobody shpuld care..only when losing this kind of issues become embarassing

Dhoni has the lady luck in his favor.. he got the T20 captaincy and his stars changed but Sehwag is one of the most amazing captain i have seen.. thinks on his feet and make field changes every few overs.. Sehwag deserved captaincy more than Dhoni.. I think it is time both of them worked together and stopped backing all the garbage players.. Namely Ishant, Mishra, Yuvraj , harbhajan and Ohja,.. I would suggest dont fight over garbage.. put it in a land fill..

When the team sheet was printed' date=' (this is given to media before every match) it had mishra's name in it. At the last moment, someone had cut Mishra's name with a pen and wrote Ojha's. Very unprofessional[/quote'] Media gets team sheet? Really?? I thought team sheet is given to umpires and then captains exchange it.
Dhoni has the lady luck in his favor.. he got the T20 captaincy and his stars changed but Sehwag is one of the most amazing captain i have seen.. thinks on his feet and make field changes every few overs.. Sehwag deserved captaincy more than Dhoni.. I think it is time both of them worked together and stopped backing all the garbage players.. Namely Ishant, Mishra, Yuvraj , harbhajan and Ohja,.. I would suggest dont fight over garbage.. put it in a land fill..
Please explain what special luck Dhoni has?
I dont mean to go soft on Dhoni but throughout history each captain has had his own favourites in any team. Even granting that, Dhoni's soft spot for Yuvraj cannot be explained away. The best fielder in the subcontinent in a matter of six months becomes the worst one on the field and still he finds a place in your squad? He is unfit, carrying a paunch and is continuing to make the same mistakes with the bat. No problem. He will still make the team. One day soon he is going to make a hundred in one of these contests against Bangladesh or Sri Lanka and is going to announce that he can play spin as well as anybody else. And I am curious, My two cents, how do we know that Dhoni changed the team in the last instant? And even if he did, that alone need not prove that he removed Mishra for some nefarious/ulterior purpose, dont you think?
Another couple of failures and Yuvraj will be out of the team. Dhoni has given him a bit of an extended run, but Dhoni has shown in the past that he is willing to take gutsy decisions. So, I won't be surprised if he drops him soon.